ga lied....what do you expect from Kemp?

aubiefifty

18 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

It has been proven to be wrong.  However, it was provided to Trump by Fauci, so he is more than justified in using it.  In fact, it was used to close down the economy, so why shouldn't he use it now?  Is it wrong because of the actions that were taken?  There is no way to know for sure now is there? 

My belief is it was wrong to begin with and we would not have lost over 2 million people to Covid-19 or close to it unless you had governors in every state putting elderly patients with Covid-19 back into those care facilities with elderly people who didn't have Covid-19.  

How can you know how wrong it was if it was based on taking no action? And if you can determine it was wrong, how can you justify Trump using it as a baseline?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

How can you know how wrong it was if it was based on taking no action? And if you can determine it was wrong, how can you justify Trump using it as a baseline?

It was likely wrong because we haven't gotten close to the estimate based on the model.  There is no way to know for sure whether it was wrong or not. I don't like Trump personally BTW. I think it is fine for him to use it because the so called best expert in the country on this subject provided him the info and the economy was shut down because of it. Trump is typically damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by the left, the never Trumpers, most of Hollywood, and  much of the mainstream media. I've never seen someone so capable of getting inside his opponents heads as Trump and he is also the best counter puncher I have ever seen in politics. I have learned to just watch his actions as they are typically what is best for the US.  

36 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

It was likely wrong because we haven't gotten close to the estimate based on the model.  There is no way to know for sure whether it was wrong or not. I don't like Trump personally BTW. I think it is fine for him to use it because the so called best expert in the country on this subject provided him the info and the economy was shut down because of it. Trump is typically damned if he does and damned if he doesn't by the left, the never Trumpers, most of Hollywood, and  much of the mainstream media. I've never seen someone so capable of getting inside his opponents heads as Trump and he is also the best counter puncher I have ever seen in politics. I have learned to just watch his actions as they are typically what is best for the US.  

If the number is a gross exaggeration in the first place then it’s a gross exaggeration to use it as the marker for lives saved. Wrong is wrong. If it was wrong it doesn’t just become right for Trump to use it. If it’s accurate, then sure— use it as a marker for lives saved. But rational people don’t claim both. C’mon be a rational guy today— you might like it. ;)

47 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

It wasn't necessarily wrong because the inputs to the equation are dynamic and it's an iterative process. I would say perhaps it was overly conservative and a scenario that could have happened. But we will never know, and the reason we will never know is because the right steps were taken to slow things down initially.

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If the number is a gross exaggeration in the first place then it’s a gross exaggeration to use it as the marker for lives saved. Wrong is wrong. If it was wrong it doesn’t just become right for Trump to use it. If it’s accurate, then sure— use it as a marker for lives saved. But rational people don’t claim both. C’mon be a rational guy today— you might like it. ;)

Just because I believe something to be incorrect with no way of proving it one way or the other and given the fact it was provided to Trump by the so called best expert on this subject in the country and based on the fact our economy was shut down because of it and based on the reaction from his opponents on this board.......I think Trump was very smart for using it.  The reaction to him by some for him using it in my view is somewhat irrational. I completely understand very little Trump could possibly do will ever be applauded  by many on the left, never Trumpers, most of Hollywood, and most of the mainstream media. 

Archived