Null

Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

The Jboy Show: Dematrius Davis Commit Breakdown

Forgive me for questioning your hard work @ellitor, but why didn't you add this to the DD thread?

Edited by LKEEL75

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Forgive me for questioning your hard work @ellitor, but why didn't you add this to the DD thread?

To maximize the eyes and ears on Coach Crain’s show. It will be merged in a week or so.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I remember Jake being just a little kid not so long ago. Damn I miss his dad.

So Kurt is his dad. I guess I hadn’t put two and two together. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

So Kurt is his dad. I guess I hadn’t put two and two together. 

I didn't know Kurt Crain personally, but from watching him play he seemed like the poster man for being an Auburn man.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the breakdown! He confirmed kind of what i was seeing with Davis throwing motion and skills being a little off. I didn't see the comparison to NM though as i thought Nick side armed it a bit more while Davis has more of an over the top motion. Lot of talent to work with and Davis sounds like a kid who doesn't mind the work and wants to be coached. I like that potential!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Enjoyed the breakdown! He confirmed kind of what i was seeing with Davis throwing motion and skills being a little off. I didn't see the comparison to NM though as i thought Nick side armed it a bit more while Davis has more of an over the top motion. Lot of talent to work with and Davis sounds like a kid who doesn't mind the work and wants to be coached. I like that potential!

The Nick Marshall comp has to do with their running games, not their pass games, specifically in their initial burst & escapability their 1st 20 yards of a run.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

The Nick Marshall comp has to do with their running games, not their pass games, specifically in their initial burst & escapability their 1st 20 yards of a run.

Most people around here compare him to Russell Wilson

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I guess I could live with a RWilson type  qb at Auburn for a year or two!!!

Edited by toddc

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Glad I'm not the only one that sees that.

You're most definitely not

• Thanks 1

Oh great, now we've got Russell Wilson comparisons and Deshaun Watson's QB coach is on campus. I can not WAIT to see the new and exciting ways in which our hearts get broken. 

• Haha 3

I'm glad that he didn't try to make Davis out to be as fast as Nick Marshall, because I just don't see that. I get the burst angle, that he has the initial acceleration for escapability, but Nick was a legitimate speed demon at cornerback, not just quarterback, and I don't think Davis has that kind of top end speed. Would be nice if he were a little bit taller, but it's kinda hard to complain when he's this athletic while still being the type of QB who scrambles in order to throw as much as he does to run. And I agree with Coach that there's a very high probability that he will be the starter once Bo moves on to the NFL, whether that means as a redshirt freshman or as a sophomore, should Nix stay for his senior season.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I remember Jake being just a little kid not so long ago. Damn I miss his dad.

did not realize, nor have i listened, that Jboy was one of Kurt's.  even though his oldest, Blane, played for same HS as my girls went to, I never met the entire family.  only knew Kurt professionally on a healthcare level.  Kurt was one of a kind.  hope the family is doing well.

***meant youngest son

Edited by TigerPAC