Prayers for Coach Dye

3rdgeneration

2 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

University of Auburn strikes again!

I actually had forgotten about that.

No wonder when a top recruit says "The Univ of Auburn" they're usually a lock!

Guess I should quit bustin' their chops LOL!

On 5/21/2020 at 9:46 AM, Paladin said:

Wonderful news

Great news! Love me some Coach Dye. Not so much for Mark Schlabach. 

20 minutes ago, WVR said:

Great news! Love me some Coach Dye. Not so much for Mark Schlabach. 

It IS great news!

....and spending several years hearing him on Atlanta sports radio, Schla-bark is an anti-Auburn leg-humper through & through.

It's bad enough to be in the hospital with COVID-19, but now I'm hearing Coach Dye also has kidney problems too. Get well soon Coach. WAR EAGLE!!!

There was initial misinformation which I think came from initial email to church members in Tococca GA, which indicated he was hospitalized in Atlanta, and certain news organizations ran with this story but finally the true story came out.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:38 AM, AUsince72 said:

Prayers up for coach Dye!

I basically learned to understand the game (cut my my teeth, so to speak) under Barfield so when Dye took over those were the most magical football years of my life.  

Ditto.  I think I attended every AU home game for the first 5 or so years of the Dye-nasty (I know, I'm the 5 millionth person to call it that...)

I recall one Friday in 87 or 88 making my way down 431 for the football game when the radio blared out “And now the Coach Doug Barfield Show”.  A chill went through my body and the thought went through my mind It’s all been a dream.  Luckily it was for the Opelika HS game and I could breathe again.

16 hours ago, aggie65 said:

I recall one Friday in 87 or 88 making my way down 431 for the football game when the radio blared out “And now the Coach Doug Barfield Show”.  A chill went through my body and the thought went through my mind It’s all been a dream.  Luckily it was for the Opelika HS game and I could breathe again.

My alma mater, HAHAHA!  I remember those years.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:24 AM, AUfaninNM said:

Not to add to the rumor mill, but a very credible source tells me CPD is now on a feeding tube.  Can anyone confirm??

BTW I had no idea he once played for the Edmonton Eskimos (???)

https://canadiansportscene.com/former-eskimos-player-pat-dye-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

A friend of my dad’s is close friends with Coach Dye and he said that he had been placed on a feeding tube and a couple of days ago moved to ICU. We really need to pray for Coach Dye right now.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Does anyone have any current and reliable news on Coach Dye? 

Put your prays in for Coach. Hospice is with him and keeping him comfortable now.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Put your prays in for Coach. Hospice is with him and keeping him comfortable now.

I thought he was doing good & set to go home soon? That's the last I read a few days ago.

I am HEARTBROKEN! I am not sure I can take anymore. At least he is not suffering all that is going on and he is no longer in pain. God be with his family and with the Auburn Family. 

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I am HEARTBROKEN! I am not sure I can take anymore. At least he is not suffering all that is going on and he is no longer in pain. God be with his family and with the Auburn Family. 

I know. I feel so sad. I remember how excited my Dad was when Coach Dye was hired.....

Another tough loss for the Auburn family. 

Archived