2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts

ellitor

26 offers including AU, Bama, LSU, Okie St., Zona St., BYU, Florida, FSU, UGA, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, Vols, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, & Wisky
Top 3 of AU, Bama, & Okie St.
Hopes to commit before July
Teammate of QB commit Dematrius Davis
AU may be pushing hardest

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* OL Jaeden Roberts

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Pretty massive dude.  I thought he was a tackle at first.    

Even though he's solidly tall he looks like a college guard to me FWIW.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts
5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

On Roberts or my post about him being a guard?

Both 

I still question his ability to move like guards need to in our system. I think he could be a road grader of a RT.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Both 

I still question his ability to move like guards need to in our system. I think he could be a road grader of a RT.

Bro-Hamm

1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

Bro-Hamm

Yep with a little more meanness. This kid plays fiercely

I am remembering Arky a few yrs ago having an enormous line, but they couldn't beat many teams.

I know they had a lot of issues that went into their losing so much, but could we end up with a problem if all of our linemen are 'jumbo sized' and the QB has to sprint out every time to pass?    I do not claim to be an expert in college football except to my family and strangers;  just to be honest here.

Otherwise,  I am stoked about this latest prospect for many reason.

23 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I am remembering Arky a few yrs ago having an enormous line, but they couldn't beat many teams.

I know they had a lot of issues that went into their losing so much, but could we end up with a problem if all of our linemen are 'jumbo sized' and the QB has to sprint out every time to pass?    I do not claim to be an expert in college football except to my family and strangers;  just to be honest here.

He may be "jumbo sized"...but he isn't fat by any measure.

img.png?width=980

He's the one on the left.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He may be "jumbo sized"...but he isn't fat by any measure.

img.png?width=980

He's the one on the left.

Yeah, I know.  Recognized his face.   Geez he has a lot more muscle mass than the kid next to him (traps, chest, legs, neck).  Plus the kid on the right is gonna walk into traffic half the time....

Coach Bick has me excited.   

You know if Gus lets Morris do his job and he can help the Auburn O get back on track and be less predictable, I might kick someone out of my seat on 'the bus'...maybe.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Even though he's solidly tall he looks like a college guard to me FWIW.

Here is a video of him while playing in KS. He's playing guard there mostly.

I may have spoken prematurely about his ability to move. Check out the 0:13 mark. Impressive!

Also, E please embed the video for me. TIA

30 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Coach Bick has me excited

I want to be, I really do...but Gus.

If Gus can let his O coaches freely coach like he has allowed with Steele and the D staff, then we could be in for some really exciting times. We are loaded with offensive talent.

I want him to prove me wrong about him not being capable of evolving so badly. I think watching Coach O let go at LSU and the results they had really was an eye opener for him. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

If Gus can let his O coaches freely coach like he has allowed with Steele and the D staff, then we could be in for some really exciting times. We are loaded with offensive talent.

I want him to prove me wrong about him not being capable of evolving so badly. I think watching Coach O let go at LSU and the results they had really was an eye opener for him. 

o.k. A4E

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

o.k. Golf

Hitting below the belt!!! I call foul!

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Hitting below the belt!!! I call foul!

Don't you mean fowl?

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Don't you mean fowl?

yes, bigbird is a fowl who committed a foul

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

I think watching Coach O let go at LSU and the results they had really was an eye opener for him. 

And hopefully it has dawned on him that O's predecessor lost his job because he refused to let go. And that guy actually did win a national championship. Should've won 2. And even crazier... Rhett Lashlee literally got Les Miles fired in the first game after Gus had handed over play calling duties. And now O is undefeated against Gus and got a national title in year 3 on the job. 

It almost reads like a parable. 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

I think the difference bt Coach O and Gus is Coach O’s expertise was always defense so he really had to be always open to what he wanted on offense. 
Gus was hired for his expertise w offenses and any problems we have had w consistent winning is bc Gus feels total responsibility for the offense and has trouble totally letting go or adjusting his teams offensive philosophy. 

coach O didn’t bring that kind of problem base w him to LSU. He adjusted. 

we will see if bringing in Morris changes Gus. So far the recruiting has shown it may be happening.
Now we need to observe our offensive play calling on the field.

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

We might as well go after the jumbo size lineman. How far did the alternative get us? 

11 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I think the difference bt Coach O and Gus is Coach O’s expertise was always defense so he really had to be always open to what he wanted on offense. 
Gus was hired for his expertise w offenses and any problems we have had w consistent winning is bc Gus feels total responsibility for the offense and has trouble totally letting go or adjusting his teams offensive philosophy. 

coach O didn’t bring that kind of problem base w him to LSU. He adjusted. 

But O didn't try to dictate Aranda, either. He enabled him to do his job. And he just hired Bo Pelini, which suggests that he'll continue to stay out of the way.

Archived