2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts

ellitor

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You prompted me to look up some stuff and run some numbers.

Roberts weighs 1.74 lbs per centimeter of height at 196 cm. In the Super Bowl era, there have been 5 times the left guards and 4 times the right guards have averaged 1.7 lbs or more per centimeter of height. Almost all have occurred since 2005. The exceptions were 3 times the left guards were big in the early 90s- I'm guessing we can thank Dallas for that.

Interestingly- to me, at least; I'm sure some here could explain the changes in offensive philosophy (*cough* Patriots *cough*) that have led to this- Super Bowl left guards have gotten smaller since 2005 and right guards have gotten bigger.

Also of note, 6'5 is the exact average height of most Super Bowl guards on either side going back to 2005.

If Roberts were to play at 330 instead of 340, he would perfectly fit the mold of a Super Bowl right guard at 1.69 lbs per centimeter of height at 196 centimeters, and he'd be a little heavy but the right height for a modern left guard. (He'd be spot on for a left guard in 2010ish.)

He doesn't look to be carrying much bad weight, so losing 10 lbs of fat while building muscle might not be quite the slam dunk it seems on a 340 lb dude. But it certainly seems feasible.

Finally, this all assumes 340 is accurate. Blah blah numbers aren't always accurate blah.

Sauce: https://medium.com/@mscp/offensive-lineman-size-in-the-super-bowl-era-a654f4351954

tenor.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That might just be the old age...

You could be right but not in this case the guy looks like he is ready to kill anyone.........................

@Sizzle what you thinking here? We all cleared for take off?

50 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We’ve got a good chance. I think it’s between us and Bama and his teammate just committed to us and now he’s announcing a week later, do you think that’s a coincidence?

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We’ve got a good chance. I think it’s between us and Bama and his teammate just committed to us and now he’s announcing a week later, do you think that’s a coincidence?

I try not to feel things and care so much after how the April misery of basketball recruiting ended (besides Thor). I'm still recovering from that 💔 heartbreak 😭. So I've turned to crutin for the sport I care less about where the pain won't be as much!!! Lol. 

O and I ain't got a clue!!? Hahaha So that's why I reserved a table for 2 at the local SIZZLER for your Intel and sources in to good ol pigskin crutin. ORDER UP!!! Woooooo!!!!!!! LFG!!!!!

giphy-47.gif

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not sizzle but Jonesy likes AU & he has good instincts.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I think it’s between us and Bama

Between us & Okie St. actually. Bama is not pushing for him & neither is LSU even though JLee thinks it's an AU-LSU battle.

Keith Crystal balled JR to Auburn late last night with a confidence level of 8.

tenor.gif

FWIW, Banks is feeling " extremely conflicted" right now per one of his coaches.

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 4* OG Jaeden Roberts (Commit Watch: 5/27, Noon CT)***
On 5/25/2020 at 8:41 AM, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

FWIW, Banks is feeling " extremely conflicted" right now per one of his coaches.

Banks?

On 5/25/2020 at 8:41 AM, bigbird said:

How the flip did I miss this post?

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Big time WR, teammate of Davis's and Roberts's, committed to TAMU:

That's a great build for a kid that young. I'm down.

30 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Thanks!

My pleasure. I so rarely get to actually contribute here, haha. @ellitor has been keeping tabs on Banks for awhile now. 

Side note: Surely it's already been talked about, but it says a lot about Davis that we land his commitment and suddenly we're a serious contender for his entire got danged high school team. And this isn't Lebron's high school buddies trying to hang around as his entourage. These are blue chip dudes holding blue chip offers. 

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How the flip did I miss this post?

Golf hacked your account and put me on ignored. If not, I still blame him...

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Golf hacked your account and put me on ignored. If not, I still blame him...

200.gif

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My pleasure. I so rarely get to actually contribute here, haha. @ellitor has been keeping tabs on Banks for awhile now. 

Side note: Surely it's already been talked about, but it says a lot about Davis that we land his commitment and suddenly we're a serious contender for his entire got danged high school team. And this isn't Lebron's high school buddies trying to hang around as his entourage. These are blue chip dudes holding blue chip offers. 

That says a lot about Davis. They know he’s the real deal and they want to be apart of that at the next level

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sir!!! Sir!!! Hello!!!???? Over here!!!! Lol. LeBron's friend's are rich Paul and Maverick Carter. His agent and manager. 2 of the most powerful names in sports and entertainment right now!!! Haha

BUT I do agree these are not your Robert Nkmedechie kind of teammates where they are only getting offers because they are his teammates. These dudes from north shore are legit and beaaaaaast in their own right. Woooooo!!!!! LFG!!!!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sir!!! Sir!!! Hello!!!???? Over here!!!! Lol. LeBron's friend's are rich Paul and Maverick Carter. His agent and manager. 2 of the most powerful names in sports and entertainment right now!!! Haha

BUT I do agree these are not your Robert Nkmedechie kind of teammates where they are only getting offers because they are his teammates. These dudes from north shore are legit and beaaaaaast in their own right. Woooooo!!!!! LFG!!!!

Haha, yeah, I know they're big time. But they also engineered The Decision.

They get credit for taking the most marketable human being on the planet and saying "PUT HIS FACE ON EVERYTHING". And then he went to Cleveland and delivered a title. They hitched their wagon to the right horse, no doubt. 

I bet Jaeden Roberts is a BronBron fan. But I hope he's more of a Jordan fan. And Charles Oakley and Bill Laimbeer. 

Archived