2021 3* TE Landen King Commits To AU!

McLoofus

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Some fellow Texas buddies are pretty butt hurt about the decommittment of King. Calling it personal between Chad and Tom and stating Chad uses dirty recruiting tactics lol 

Always a good sign when we're the ones getting called dirty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 2:37 PM, McLoofus said:

28 offers including AU, Texas, Bama, Zona St., UGA, Okie St., Oregon, Penn St., Vols, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, & Washington
Just decommitted from Texas
2 Texas reporters immediately crystal balled King to AU
QB Commit Dematrius Davis is pushing AU hard on King
King did congratulate D Davis on his commitment to us.
Doesn't appear to be as highly rated as the other guys on the list
Edit: Shout out @AUNerd on Twitter. And you for telling us to go follow that account. Dude is ON it.

We at The Jboy Show called this before anyone

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tidepunisher said:

We at The Jboy Show called this before anyone

Before he decommitted from Texas? Texas 247 reporters had picks in for AU minutes after the decommitment.

• Like 3

Kid looks quite a bit better than his 3 star rating. Seems to be an elite receiver....not sure about his blocking. This kid has to be a 4 star.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:24 PM, DAG said:

Some fellow Texas buddies are pretty butt hurt about the decommittment of King. Calling it personal between Chad and Tom and stating Chad uses dirty recruiting tactics lol 

I'm familiar with the feeling. UAT, Tennessee and UGA always use dirty tactics when AU loses one to them. Just ask me or most other posters on this board. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

while i love getting quality players....if he comes to AU, what does our TE room look like?  we suddenly went from 1-2 TE to 6?  just seems odd, but in a good way

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

while i love getting quality players....if he comes to AU, what does our TE room look like?  we suddenly went from 1-2 TE to 6?  just seems odd, but in a good way

It allows you to build depth and competition while spreading out the eligibility

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

@TigerPAC TEs in our system, especially in a Chad Morris O is not just 1 position. It's essentially 2-3 positions. You have a tradition in line TE (likely Shenker & Deal's strength), a split TE (likely Fromm's & King's strength), & a backfield TE like an HB (likely Pegues strength). Frazier is expected to do well at all 3.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Further to Bird's response, it's also a pretty diverse group. There are a couple guys who are basically big slot receivers a la Sal Canella. There is at least one guy who will function almost exclusively as a blocker. There's Pegues, who could play anything from a fullback role to humongous slot to buck to DT. 

At 6'5 210, this guy has the frame to grow into a great all-around TE.

Also, we laugh at the idea of somebody having recruited Cam Newton to play TE, but if you look at it from the opposite angle... an athletic TE could be a good enough QB to win the Heisman and national title while simultaneously being the best ball carrier in the SEC. That's obviously a very rare scenario but a bunch of athletic 6'5 250 guys can give you depth at numerous positions. 

Look at Jay Jay Wilson. Dude came here as an HBack and looked like a fullback but essentially played WR for us. And he could've played LB- which he did play for a bit at Arizona State- for us if we'd gotten desperate. 

I might actually go start a pure boredom thread in the football forum to discuss. You're right, it's a really interesting and- to me, at least- exciting development. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

JJ would've been the hero of the season if he could've got a better toss in that UGA 4th quarter. I think he would've been able to get us very very close to a TD there and you get a dramatically different ending to this season IMO. 

If you are referring to the late 4th and 2 miss, that was Joiner, not Wilson. And had one dog to beat...

On 5/26/2020 at 7:34 AM, ellitor said:

Before he decommitted from Texas? Texas 247 reporters had picks in for AU minutes after the decommitment.

Yep, we actually called his decommitment, amazing what getting a quarterback can do for a class. 

• Love 1

On 5/28/2020 at 6:56 AM, tidepunisher said:

Yep, we actually called his decommitment, amazing what getting a quarterback can do for a class. 

Bringing the goods.  Keep em’ coming. 

Edited by The Plainsman
  • Like 1

er.gif

• Like 3

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

er.gif

Best gif award goes to @GwillMac6

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Has Landen said when he'll make his commitment?

No but Keith posted an article today that he expects him to commit within the next two weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Has Landen already committed to Auburn? I must have missed that.

Look up one post from yours. Still expected within the next two weeks.

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lobos

Darn Lobos always getting our best Prospects 🤪

• Like 1