2021 3* TE Landen King Commits To AU!

McLoofus

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 3* TE Landen King (Commit Watch: 6/15/20)***

On 6/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, augolf1716 said:

Lobos

The real “Wolfpack” on this forum 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Boom boom booming boom 💥 boom booming 

Chad. CHAD. CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!

dgfgfd.jpg

dfs.jpg

• Love 2

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 

Auburn on Monday landed a commitment from 3-star tight end Landen King of Humble (Texas) Atascocita. King, who is 6-feet-5, 215 pounds, is the No. 23 tight end and No. 73 overall recruit in the state of Texas for the industry generated 247Sports Composite. Last season, he caught 53 passes for 853 yards and 9 touchdowns.

He is 2021 commitment No. 10 for the Tigers, who now have the No. 21 class in the country.

Here's what King had to say about his verbal to the Tigers .... and more.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: You've never visited Auburn, so how did the Tigers win you over?

KING: So basically, building a really good relationship with them, taking the virtual visit, asking current players, and even players who have already visited, how it is. Nothing but great things.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: How close are you with Auburn quarterback commit Dematrius Davis (also of Texas) and how instrumental was he in your decision to pick Auburn?

KING: We're pretty close. It was a big plus but I didn't base my decision off of that.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: I've heard you reached out to Tigers offensive coordinator Chad Morris the day Dematrius committed to Auburn ... Is that true and what did you say to him? He must have been excited to hear from you.

KING: Yessir, just to congratulate them, but we were already in contact at that point.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: When did you know it was Auburn? Take us back to that moment if you can and describe all the feelings you were having.

KING: Probably two weeks before I told them. I don't know why I waited but I just did. I was so excited I bought some Auburn gear before I even committed.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: How difficult was it to de-commit from Texas? That couldn't have been an easy phone call to make.

KING: Yea, it was pretty hard, but after talking to them I know I made the right decision.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: Okay, you're 6-feet-5 and we have you at 210 pounds. You put up some great receiving numbers last year. What are your strengths as a tight end?

KING: I'm 215 now ... but being able to line up anywhere, h-back, outside, slot, attached, unattached.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: What do you need to work on the most? You would know better than anyone.

KING: My technique at blocking.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: Will you be an early enrollee?

KING: Yessir.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: You live in the Houston area -- how good is Dematrius?

KING: I wasn’t in the defensive meetings, but when we played him and we saw him just scrambling and running against us, I couldn’t even be mad at the defense. He’s just that good. Plus, his throws are always on the money. Best QB in Texas in my opinion.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: Tell us about your relationship with Coach Morris and tight ends coach LarryPorter -- and what you think of those two guys.

KING: Realist coaches I have talked to thus far. Especially Coach Porter. As soon as he called me the first time we clicked.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: Will you visit other schools -- or just Auburn?

KING: Most likely just Auburn. Don’t want to go though another de-commitment or anything.

AUBURN UNDERCOVER: Which guys do you now plan to recruit in Texas for Auburn?

KING: You guys will have to wait and see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love to see coach Morris going after TE's. Reminds me when we use the TE in catching the ball and not just for blocking. WAR EAGLE!!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just call Chad "Mattress Mack" cause that dude is owning Houston right now!

You got me on that one. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

Stump said he'll easily carry another 25-30 lbs without losing a bit of speed.  This kid will be a perfect fit in CCM's offense. He is a mismatch waiting to happen. I pray they try to cover him with a NB or OLB.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sorry, His HC

Since you are on a first name basis with these HCs you should have been pulling your recruiting weight in Texas sooner.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

We haven't had a guy like this since Uzomah was roaming the sidelines. Love these offensive players we've pulled in so. Having the TE be a threat catching the ball is going to do wonders for opening up the rest of the offense! 

Welcome to AU Mr. King!!!

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

King Yes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

? A reference to his last name? Do we still have any Princes on our team? Is Tyler Queen still eligible? I want Duke Williams back to be our wide receiver coach. Get Gimel President on the phone!

42 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We haven't had a guy like this since Uzomah was roaming the sidelines. Love these offensive players we've pulled in so. Having the TE be a threat catching the ball is going to do wonders for opening up the rest of the offense! 

Welcome to AU Mr. King!!!

Eh, I'd argue we had one with Canella.  We just never threw the kid the ball.  He could make some crazy athletic plays.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Eh, I'd argue we had one with Canella.  We just never threw the kid the ball.  He could make some crazy athletic plays.

I think King is going to be much bigger and stronger than Canella. I was never overly impressed with Canella, though i will give you he didn't get a whole lot of chances. In the right offense he could have been effective. Gus' offense does not really have a spot for bigger receivers unless we are within 20 yards of the goal line. 

41 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He ended up at WR.