2021 3* TE Landen King Commits To AU!

McLoofus

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

? A reference to his last name?

I'm disturbed you didn't know about The Macho King.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Since you are on a first name basis with these HCs you should have been pulling your recruiting weight in Texas sooner.

It's not like I haven't been screaming it for years now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's not like I haven't been screaming it for years now

Yes  but we (AUF members) can't do anything about it lol

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes  but we (AUF members) can't do anything about it lol

It helps having a coach on staff now that is more inclined to listen to the whispers from Texas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

King is going to be a matchup nightmare. He is to tall for a LB or DB to cover him. Plus he has above average hands. 
I agree with King that he needs to work on his blocking. If/when he learns to block well, he may be remarkable.

Him in the red zone should be deadly. Just like the Canella play against Bama, we should do that with King in the future, just a lot more

War Eagle and welcome aboard. The O class keeps getting better and better.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm disturbed you didn't know about The Macho King.

I wonder if that happened between my little kid wrestling fan phase and my grown hiney man wrestling fan phase.

This might be even more random than old wrestling clips, but thinking about the caliber of athletes we are getting at tight end now, does anybody track YAC in college football? I'll be really curious to see if that goes up significantly for us with Morris at OC. Like, we might see tight ends catching 10-yard passes and turning them into 30-yard gains. I think that's a thing in some offenses?

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

does anybody track YAC in college football?

Doesn’t look like it. If anybody would it would be teamrankings.com but they don’t.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

It helps having a coach on staff now that is more inclined to listen to the whispers from Texas.

Now is your time to start whispering those sweet nothings into the coaches' ears.

EPqasDf.gif

Just now, abw0004 said:

Now is your time to start whispering those sweet nothings into the coaches' ears.

EPqasDf.gif

Who says I haven't...

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wish he was 245lbs instead of 210.

Indeed. I'm not sure if we see him as a TE or a WR.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Wish he was 245lbs instead of 210.

I bet he'll reach that after the summer he enrolls

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who says I haven't...

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

EPqasDf.gif

Keys word "nothings"

• Haha 1

I thought we only did the size queen thing with RBs and OTs?

OJ Howard was listed at 6'5.5 and 221 on his final recruiting profile. He was listed at 251 on bama's roster. CJ Uzomah- 6'5, 229 and 264, respectively.  Charles Clay- 6'3, 222 and 255. Those are the first three I looked up.

This kid is 6'5 and says he's 215 as a rising senior. He'll easily be over 220 by the time he graduates high school if he so chooses. He's got Shenker, Fromm, Deal, Frazier and Pegues (and Joiner?) ahead of him. By the time we need him contributing to this offense, he'll likely have an NFL-ready body. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Indeed. I'm not sure if we see him as a TE or a WR.

TE. We have 3 types: an in line TE, a split TE, & a backfield TE.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

TE. We have 3 types: an in line TE, a split TE, & a backfield TE.

Does backfield TE = H? Does split TE = big slot? In line TE = traditional, hand-in-the-dirt TE, right?

I'm never going to get it right. :(

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Does backfield TE = H? Does split TE = big slot? In line TE = traditional, hand-in-the-dirt TE, right?

Si!

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You did actually.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Having one that can play all 3 makes us so much more difficult to scheme. I'm tired of the line changes after every other play.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Having one that can play all 3 makes us so much more difficult to scheme. I'm tired of the line changes after every other play.

A  M  E  N!!!!

I am so hopeful to have RBs & TEs that can play all the different roles and not have to swap based on formations & duties of that formation.  So tired of saying "Oh look Tank is in so it must be 3rd and long because he is the only RB we trust to block" or  "oh look Joyner is in, so it is going to be a wheel route"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

A  M  E  N!!!!

I am so hopeful to have RBs & TEs that can play all the different roles and not have to swap based on formations & duties of that formation.  So tired of saying "Oh look Tank is in so it must be 3rd and long because he is the only RB we trust to block" or  "oh look Joyner is in, so it is going to be a wheel route"

Always a conversation to be had about what kind of talent we had vs. what our "offensive coaching staff" was willing and able to do, but TE might be the one position where I lean towards the former. I think Shenker is good and is our best guy going into 2020, but to be brutally honest, I think that should tell us something. (To be fair, Deal and Fromm were big gets that weren't available to play last year.)

Reinforcements are on the way and in a major way. Just like that it's as deep as any position on the team. Gotta love it. 

41 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

A  M  E  N!!!!

Let's also hope Gus let's Morris calls plays to the middle of the field. 

Announcers were basically screaming it the past two years