2021 3* TE Landen King Commits To AU!

McLoofus

28 offers including AU, Texas, Bama, Zona St., UGA, Okie St., Oregon, Penn St., Vols, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, & Washington
Just decommitted from Texas
2 Texas reporters immediately crystal balled King to AU
QB Commit Dematrius Davis is pushing AU hard on King
King did congratulate D Davis on his commitment to us.
Doesn't appear to be as highly rated as the other guys on the list
Edit: Shout out @AUNerd on Twitter. And you for telling us to go follow that account. Dude is ON it.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Landen King just decommitted from Texas. Not sure if we're looking at him but he did congratulate Dee Davis on his commitment to us.

Doesn't appear to be as highly rated as the other guys on the list.

https://247sports.com/player/landen-king-46057581/

He plays in the town where my in-laws live and  goes to the school my wife graduated from. Not that it matters...

I've seen him a few times from the other sideline. IMO, he is underated. He is deceptively "fast", has great body control, and really good hands. 

I don't care which TE signs, I'm just thrilled were making it a priority again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Landen King just decommitted from Texas. Not sure if we're looking at him but he did congratulate Dee Davis on his commitment to us.

We are. Davis talked about him last night to Keith & Texas Recruiting Analyst Sam Speigelman of Rivals posted this morning AU was confident we could flip him.

In case y'all are wondering why there aren't many TE threads it's because we want 1 or 2 out of a possible group of 5 & it's been hard to tell who of them AU wants the most.

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Shout out @AUNerd on Twitter

What did he tweet or say?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He plays in the town where my in-laws live and  goes to the school my wife graduated from. Not that it matters...

I've seen him a few times from the other sideline. IMO, he is underated. He is deceptively "fast", has great body control, and really good hands. 

I don't care which TE signs, I'm just thrilled were making it a priority again.

@bigbird Do you have a preference between King & McRee or see one of them being a better fit in a Chad Morris O?

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@bigbird Do you have a preference between King & McRee or see one of them being a better fit in a Chad Morris O?

I really don't because I'm not entirely sure how he's hoping to use them. I think King has better "receiver skills" than McRee but maybe not as physical at the PoA. Both play at powerhouse programs with really good coaching. The stage and moment won't be too big for either. They both will be ready for this level

• Like 1

I'm kinda loving this new found recruiting drive and focus. I'd be perfectly fine with making Houston our new playground

• Like 2

At first I thought he was just a glorified big WR until I seen his blocking skills. He’s legit laying guys out when he’s blocking 

• Like 1

From https://hookemheadlines.com/2020/04/27/texas-football-impact-3-star-te-landen-king-brings-for-longhorns/amp/ upon his UTx commitment.

The quality of the offers that King received shows that his recruiting ranking way undervalues his skill set and high ceiling at the college level. He’s a very underrated route runner, but still developing as a blocker. Herman does value that multiple ability out of his tight ends, so that work in progress is emphasized for King this year.

Solid hands and overwhelming leaping ability and strength for a tight end could make King a great target in short and intermediate routes in the Longhorns passing attack. His size and underrated agility also should play right into the hands of a new scheme implemented by recently hired offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm kinda loving this new found recruiting drive and focus. I'd be perfectly fine with making Houston our new playground

Please please 

• Like 1

Coach Crain posted in a FB group that King was going to commit to us earlier today, so that's another solid prediction in our favor.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Coach Crain posted in a FB group that King was going to commit to us earlier today, so that's another solid prediction in our favor.

Not so fast my friend. Keith says it’s not a done deal yet and Auburn still hasn’t decided which one of the five tight ends they like best.

Look at this guy offer list.  Definitely needs to be a priority 

Edited by DAG

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Look at this guy offer list.  Definitely needs to be a priority 

@DAG Look at the offer list for all 5 guys we are trying to decide between regardless of rating. Very deep class of TEs.

King
Trigg
McRee
Ferguson
Helm

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@DAG Look at the offer list for all 5 guys we are trying to decide between regardless of rating. Very deep class of TEs.

King
Trigg
McRee
Ferguson
Helm

One of the reasons I might lean towards King over the others is that it potentially could open up Houston even more to us. It would build a Houston coalition that could help recruit others here like DD's other two teammates (Banks and Roberts)...which might lead to Denver Harris next year.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not so fast my friend. Keith says it’s not a done deal yet and Auburn still hasn’t decided which one of the five tight ends they like best.

Didn't mean to imply that it was a done deal. Just passing along a post I saw from Crain, since we've been promoting his podcasts of late.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Didn't mean to imply that it was a done deal. Just passing along a post I saw from Crain, since we've been promoting his podcasts of late.

Didn't say nor imply you were. Not a done deal was just Keith exact phrasing in reply to King decommitting from Texas & 2 Texas reporters putting in picks for AU.

3 crystal ball picks in today for King to AU including from Keith with a confidence level of 9.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

3 crystal ball picks in today for King to AU including from Keith with a confidence level of 9.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Some fellow Texas buddies are pretty butt hurt about the decommittment of King. Calling it personal between Chad and Tom and stating Chad uses dirty recruiting tactics lol