2021 3* TE Landen King Commits To AU!

McLoofus

On 10/31/2020 at 6:21 PM, Sizzle said:

Boom! He looks a lot more like a WR than a TE real lean. Great hands and a fun follow on Twitter.

• Like 1

This year I have seen us using the TE more and more in the running game even two TE's and it has helped our running game but I have yet to see us make a real attempt to use TE in passing game.  I keep thinking knowing Morris and his reputation for using TE in passing game that it will happen each week. 

I am hoping with a bye week we can work on that and try it out against Cowbell U.  If we don't see it then it is one of two things we won't use TE's in passing attack or we are saving it to surprise bama. I hope not the latter as you don't get good at anything until you repeat it again and again in games against real opponents.

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This year I have seen us using the TE more and more in the running game even two TE's and it has helped our running game but I have yet to see us make a real attempt to use TE in passing game.  I keep thinking knowing Morris and his reputation for using TE in passing game that it will happen each week. 

I am hoping with a bye week we can work on that and try it out against Cowbell U.  If we don't see it then it is one of two things we won't use TE's in passing attack or we are saving it to surprise bama. I hope not the latter as you don't get good at anything until you repeat it again and again in games against real opponents.

Pegues had 3 catches last game. The TE’s are running routes. Bo’s not throwing to them

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Pegues had 3 catches last game. The TE’s are running routes. Bo’s not throwing to them

Yup. Frazier is the guy our staff landed expecting him to be a big time receiving TE contributer. Need him to get healthy.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Frazier is the guy our staff landed expecting him to be a big time receiving TE contributer. Need him to get healthy.

I have seen enough of Deal to think he could play that role. We know he is a very good blocking TE, really good form and I have watched him run has a nice stride and at 6'7" is a big target. From what I have read Frazier is the kind of TE who can get behind the Defense and make a really big play. I don't know if Deal can so that,  but with the way he blocks if he engages as a blocker initially and then moves into open space as D reacts he could easily be a safety net for 5-10 yards.

Chip DE to help OT then when LB reacts to RPO slide behind LB I see a lot of teams do this. It is an easy play and sometimes there is lot of green after the short catch. Pegeus can do same thing but we just don't seem to do that.

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Do we have the slightest idea what Frazier's injury was to keep him out of this long?

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Do we have the slightest idea what Frazier's injury was to keep him out of this long?

Not sure if he’s at liberty to say but @passthebiscuitsWould be the one to ask.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if he’s at liberty to say but @passthebiscuitsWould be the one to ask.

So...this is still officially “undisclosed” by the student-athlete.

The latest whispers are that he could be back in 2 weeks...but at what capacity (if at all) remains to be seen. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 1:20 AM, passthebiscuits said:

So...this is still officially “undisclosed” by the student-athlete.

The latest whispers are that he could be back in 2 weeks...but at what capacity (if at all) remains to be seen. 

That "undisclosed" injury must be to the medulla oblongata. Wishing for a full, if not speedy recovery.

• Haha 1