Null



Sign in to follow this  
Auburn85

In contentious interview, Biden says black voters considering Trump over him "ain't black"

Recommended Posts

On 5/24/2020 at 10:31 AM, creed said:

In my opinion he has created "doubt" in the thoughts of his party/constituency and doubt keeps people from voting. I don't think he will get the turnout President Obama or Clinton had at the poles.

You're making the mistake of thinking this election is about Biden at all.  It's not.  November is a referendum on Trump.  The vote isn't about being for Biden.  It's about being for or against Trump.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're making the mistake of thinking this election is about Biden at all.  It's not.  November is a referendum on Trump.  The vote isn't about being for Biden.  It's about being for or against Trump.

Bingo Brad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m amazed you have to ask that question.  The Democrats have blamed everything Trump does on his leadership.  He has been accused of being authoritarian and Hitler on this very board.  How can you not know who is running the country?  Was that a trick question?

Again, Trump’s not focused on running the country. Even a fool should be able to see that, but perhaps not the deluded:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/politics/trump-covid-death-toll/index.html

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're making the mistake of thinking this election is about Biden at all.  It's not.  November is a referendum on Trump.  The vote isn't about being for Biden.  It's about being for or against Trump.

The Dems should have had one objective in mind for four years: Identify and prepare someone who can beat Trump. Instead they pissed their time, efforts and money away on one anti-Trump hoax after another. Their reward is that now they are running Biden, a candidate so flawed that he cannot possibly beat Trump.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

... find it interesting  that Joe has been told he must choose a woman and preferably "of color" to ensure needed votes.

In my day, I hired a significant number of people into good government jobs. The disclaimer on every application includes the statement "....without regard to race, sex, creed, color, national origin...."

Had I hired or not hired someone because of their sex or color I'd have been fired on the spot. We are supposed to hire the best candidate "without regard". Yet, the Dems openly defy the law of the land to select a VP candidate. That's curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The Dems should have had one objective in mind for four years: Identify and prepare someone who can beat Trump. Instead they pissed their time, efforts and money away on one anti-Trump hoax after another. Their reward is that now they are running Biden, a candidate so flawed that he cannot possibly beat Trump.

You should really travel and talk to people outside of your bubble more.  Biden is more popular across this country than you want to believe.   And more importantly with this election, Trump is more unpopular than you may realize.

For goodness sake man, Trump has made Georgia into a swing state this cycle.  The last five polls from the state have all been within 2 points, with either man leading depending on the poll.

When a Republican can't reliably count on Georgia and Arizona (and Trump is losing Arizona big), you have problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

When a Republican can't reliably count on Georgia and Arizona (and Trump is losing Arizona big), you have problems.

As I recall Georgia was open for discussion and went down to the wire last time. We'll see come November. I think it's still 50-50 whether Biden is the candidate by then. He will have to come out of his basement and reveal more of his condition. Family illegalities in China and Ukraine will be fair game. As the virus recedes, other topics will move to the forefront. So far Biden has benefited from the virus smokescreen that's hiding all other subjects from view right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

As I recall Georgia was open for discussion and went down to the wire last time.

Not really.  Trump won Georgia by 5 points in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Again, Trump’s not focused on running the country. Even a fool should be able to see that, but perhaps not the deluded:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/politics/trump-covid-death-toll/index.html

It’s interesting that, as we approach 100,000 deaths of CORVID-19, the conversation by CNN is how Trump is not focused on running the country.  Trump has allowed the individual states to manage their own states as they see fit.  NY, Ill, Ca, Conn, NJ, Penn and Michigan make up 56% of the COVID-19 deaths in the US. I wonder why CNN doesn’t break down the deaths by state to see how each Governor is focused on running the state?

Trump is responsible for running the country and he has delegated duties to each state (as it should be).  This is not an excuse (I’m sure Trump will use it as one), but the focus needs to be with each state, not just bashing Trump.

I will say, Trump’s tweets are absolutely ridiculous and he needs to stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

In my day, I hired a significant number of people into good government jobs. The disclaimer on every application includes the statement "....without regard to race, sex, creed, color, national origin...."

Had I hired or not hired someone because of their sex or color I'd have been fired on the spot. We are supposed to hire the best candidate "without regard". Yet, the Dems openly defy the law of the land to select a VP candidate. That's curious.

You say some stupid stuff sometimes, but this may take the cake.  They aren't defying anything.  The Democratic nominees aren't being hired by the Democratic party.  They are being nominated for a position.

The people of the U.S. will decide if we want to hire those nominees in November.

For a party that talks about defending the rule of law and the Constitution, y'all sure don't seem to understand those laws very well at all.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden's campaign managers should just hide him away in a basement somewhere so he can't open his mouth and ruin his chances. Trump's mouth is Biden's campaign best friend.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Biden's campaign managers should just hide him away in a basement somewhere so he can't open his mouth and ruin his chances. Trump's mouth is Biden's campaign best friend.

Lots of truth here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Again, Trump’s not focused on running the country. Even a fool should be able to see that, but perhaps not the deluded:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/politics/trump-covid-death-toll/index.html

"In 50 years, Trump's weekend Twitter blasts may come across as a startling document of a presidency rooted more than ever in personal obsessions, and incessant wars with the media and his increasing throngs of political enemies.

There was little evidence of a deeper meaning to his presidency at this stage than personal and political grievances. Also missing is a more sweeping policy framework for a potential second Trump term. And other than a relentless push to support an aggressive opening of the country, for instance in a new demand for schools to open, Trump seems far less interested in how the task can be accomplished safely -- other than retweeting CDC hand washing advice -- than his boiling political feuds.
 
No White House could have been fully prepared for the disaster and subsequent economic hollowing of this year's pandemic. But it's also hard to imagine a previous recent president from either party fighting it with the same campaign of denial, distraction and misinformation."
Op. cit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The Democratic nominees aren't being hired by the Democratic party.  They are being nominated for a position.

They are being selected on the basis of race and sex. Check with your friendly EEO counselor about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They are being selected on the basis of race and sex. Check with your friendly EEO counselor about that.

The EEO counselor would tell Brad "who the hell is Mikey and why are you asking me about his pants-on-head stupid application of statutes that aren't relevant here?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The EEO counselor would tell Brad "who the hell is Mikey and why are you asking me about his pants-on-head stupid application of statutes that aren't relevant here?"

Only if the EEO person was a Democrat. They don't care about being honest, you know.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mikey said:

Only if the EEO person was a Democrat. They don't care about being honest, you know.

A Republican would know it too, since it's "the law of the land."

You're talking out of your ass. Sure, you can make an argument on principle on the matter, but if you think there's any sort of legal argument to be made, you're a loon. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Only if the EEO person was a Democrat. They don't care about being honest, you know.

You know the presidential candidate isn’t hiring a VP, right? We do that by mail this year. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

A Republican would know it too, since it's "the law of the land."

You're talking out of your ass. Sure, you can make an argument on principle on the matter, but if you think there's any sort of legal argument to be made, you're a loon. 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They are being selected on the basis of race and sex. Check with your friendly EEO counselor about that.

Get this through your head: Biden can't hire a VP.  He can choose a running mate, but that's it.  We hire the President and VP and anything involving an EEO statute isn't applicable for the purposes of an election.

The laws regarding EEO are about hiring practices.  Learn about these things and stop acting like you know something when you clearly don't have a clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, AUDub said:

Eh, "Joe Biden" and the word "gaffe" have a solid relationship going back decades now. Everyone knew what we were getting into. FWIW he did apologize. 

He did a nice long interview with Colbert the other evening. He doesn't come off as the blubbering puddle of dementia you guys so desperately want him to be. 

You're kind Ben. I suppose I can call that admirable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 10:14 AM, AUDub said:

Cavalier was a good choice of word there.

"I don't take it for granted at all, and no one, no one should have to vote for any party based on their race or religion or background."

That seems pretty cut and dry.

Won't amount to much. Biden is still extremely popular among black voters and is going to win that demographic pretty handily one way or another. Being Obama's VP will do that. Plus it's possible his VP pick will be a woman of color.

Agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 8:46 AM, Brad_ATX said:

You should really travel and talk to people outside of your bubble more.  Biden is more popular across this country than you want to believe.   And more importantly with this election, Trump is more unpopular than you may realize.

For goodness sake man, Trump has made Georgia into a swing state this cycle.  The last five polls from the state have all been within 2 points, with either man leading depending on the poll.

When a Republican can't reliably count on Georgia and Arizona (and Trump is losing Arizona big), you have problems.

Demographics are changing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this