Minneapolis police kill unresisting black man

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, I'm sorry. I know that doesn't accomplish anything but I'm compelled to say it anyway. I'm sorry and I'm sad. 

Thanks brother! I'm very sad too. I know there's good a lot of people in this world. That's why i love Auburn so much because it's not just a recruiting tactic or a sell. So many good people really do treat you like FAMILY but it just sucks that the bad people often overshadow the good. It just all needs to stop. Black on black crime.....discrimination...ALL of it! None of us choose to be born to the color that we are. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I think everyone has an inherent prejudice, but not racist. There’s a big difference there. Not seeing color is a figure of speech, it has more to do with how one acts on any prejudice they may have and the ability to see past it. 

100% agree. I was going to say the exact same. It's definitely more so prejudice than racist that many experience. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

There’s nothing you can do without getting similar treatment or worse.   

Worth it to me

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Worth it to me

In hindsight to me too. You are ok getting shot to protect a man you don’t know? When you couldn’t have known he was going to die. 

11 minutes ago, alexava said:

In hindsight to me too. You are ok getting shot to protect a man you don’t know? When you couldn’t have known he was going to die. 

It was pretty clear he was going to die or at the very least was not going to end well. 

14 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yes, I would definitely put myself in harm's way to protect another. I couldn't and wouldn't in good conscience watch that without doing something. That might be stupid but it's who I am. I've always been a protector/defender

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, I would definitely put myself in harm's way to protect another. I couldn't and wouldn't in good conscience watch that without doing something. That might be stupid but it's who I am. I've always been a protector/defender

Same here. I couldn’t stand and not do anything. Even if it’s just to knock him of him temporarily. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

That’s admirable but my kids need me much more than a stranger. I am not sure I could avoid getting involved but I would hope I wouldn’t. They killed him for nothing. You attack them and you are probably dead no matter what color you are. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

That’s admirable but my kids need me much more than a stranger. I am not sure I could avoid getting involved but I would hope I wouldn’t. They killed him for nothing. You attack them and you are probably dead no matter what color you are. 

I get that too. It's just something I wouldn't have thought of in the moment. I would've seen the cry for help and would've moved toward it.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” 

John Stuart Mill

This is so......every month it's something, there's literally no value for the life of a black man right now. It's scary, you can be killed in broad day and people will say you should just comply, or they'll dig up something from your past and say something like he was suspended for fighting when he was in the 5th grade he doesn't have character. You can't exercise, study, swim, go to the store, grill, etc....And half the people don't want to talk about it or address it; and the other half won't acknowledge it to say it even exist. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I get that too. It's just something I wouldn't have thought of in the moment. I would've seen the cry for help and would've moved toward it.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” 

John Stuart Mill

What really sucks, if a bystander had intervened he would have been considered the bad guy.  The victim would have been saved and this wouldn’t be a story at all. Unless the story was about the cops who shot the man for attacking them while trying to do their job.   

I have a prediction to make. Colin Kapernick will be signed by the Vikings within the next week. 

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

This is so......every month it's something, there's literally no value for the life of a black man right now. It's scary, you can be killed in broad day and people will say you should just comply, or they'll dig up something from your past and say something like he was suspended for fighting when he was in the 5th grade he doesn't have character. You can't exercise, study, swim, go to the store, grill, etc....And half the people don't want to talk about it or address it; and the other half won't acknowledge it to say it even exist. 

i hate racism with a passion. my schooling was segregated until my seventh grade. i remember every single kid in my neighborhood was scared and vowed to at least carry a pocket knife for protection. all that fear. why? i remember thinking that if whites could murder children in church there was no telling what might be done back to us. and i never hated anyone. i am just not built that way. the way blacks are treated is a damn disgrace and it breaks my heart. i will tell you i am sickened to my core. i will tell you i am sorry this is happening and you along with others have to live with this. i no longer see america the same way anymore. i struggle with depression and this kind of thing makes mine worse. again, i would never claim to hurt like someone being black in america. i am sorry you are hurting. i pray for better.

until cops quit policing cops i fear this kind of thing will will continue for a long time. many good cops fear speaking out because they fear they will call for backup one day that will not come until it is too late.

One thing we haven't discussed yet it the effect this will have on Biden's VP selection. Right or wrong, this has to effectively eliminate Klobuchar. Think we're down to Val Demmings and Kamala at this point. 

42 minutes ago, AUDub said:

One thing we haven't discussed yet it the effect this will have on Biden's VP selection. Right or wrong, this has to effectively eliminate Klobuchar. Think we're down to Val Demmings and Kamala at this point. 

It seems a woman of color will be the choice, but Kamala is an ex-DA and Demmings is an ex-cop.  Abrams is going to be heard from.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

I think it does eliminate her. Whatever her reasons for not prosecuting (justified or not) she is almost going to be guilty (with respect to allowing cops like him continue) by association regardless.

15 hours ago, alexava said:

That role model you set for your kids? It sucks. If you would only die for your own, well hell that is not being a role model at all. Every active service member and veteran here is 2x the role model. They and We are ready to die for all those others we dont know. For the collective good. 

So let me get this straight...When the Brownshirts/Nazis come, we can all count on you to back away...until they come for your kids? So while possibly we and our families are dying, you will just be a disinterested onlooker? I really think AND HOPE you didnt mean that s***. 

All That Is Required for Evil to Triumph Is for Good Men to Do ...

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

That role model you set for your kids? It sucks. If you would only die for your own, well hell that is not being a role model at all. Every active service member and veteran here  is 2x the reole model. They and We are ready to die for all those others we dont know. For the collective good. 

i am 64. old and fat. i would try to do what i could but i will not pretend i would give my life and i hate that. but the older one gets the more they cling to life. me anyway. now back in the day would be a different story. i would love for folks to think i had a little hero in me but i will not lie about it. i am old and tired. i am just an old hermit who has no immediately family left and i never get out unless i need something or my blind friend does. i have gotten so bad the young kids in the hood call me chuckie................true story.

I just read about Klobuchar...Her political career may be over, and same may be with Harris.
Chauvin, 13 Complaints, zero disciplinary actions.

chau·vin·ist /ˈSHōvənəstnoun, a person displaying aggressive or exaggerated behavior toward those they feel are inferior. 

Burnt Toast (@joshuademian4) | Twitter

3rd-degree murder as the highest charge? Interesting. The same categorical charge one would receive in Minnesota for selling "bad" drugs to another, after said drugs result in death. 

Correct me if my cursory reading of their criminal statutes is wrong. 

53 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

3rd-degree murder as the highest charge? Interesting. The same categorical charge one would receive in Minnesota for selling "bad" drugs to another, after said drugs result in death. 

Correct me if my cursory reading of their criminal statutes is wrong. 

It should be a higher charge than that I would think. I would like to hear their reasoning for those level of charges.

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

I have no words man other than I'm sorry. 

The one thing I have been heartened by on a small scale is the reaction to a friend of mine.  He's a former Lieutenant that now travels the country training cops on proper techniques, communication, etc.  Dude is beyond pissed about what he saw on video in Minneapolis.  Just hope that more like him continue to push for the change needed systematically.

Archived