2021 4* WR Christian Leary (Bama)

ellitor

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

image.gif

I am a simple dude. I see a gif of the ROCK and I hit the like button! WOOOOO!!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAY!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am a simple dude. I see a gif of the ROCK and I hit the like button! WOOOOO!!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAY!!!

Love the Rock. Seems like a terrific person. He may need to run for office sometime.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:26 PM, ellitor said:

image.gif

Can't wait till the Bros are back in AEW so we can see more of this! Darn travel restrictions lol. Yes @bigbirdthis punishment will do fine.  Or this one ..

f258737099aca0f0-600x338.gif

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Seems like he ain’t close to ready to decide yet. 

Still expected sometime this month FWIW.

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Bring on Brother Neville.  

Ehhh. I’d rather they didn’t. We need more speed at WR

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* WR Christian Leary (Bama)
9 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Bring on Brother Neville.  

@The Plainsman Different WR position. There are still a number of guys ahead of Neville on the board like Adonai Mitchell & Malcolm Johnson Jr. For the slot WR position, which is what we were recruiting Leary for, Brashard Smith is supposedly the top target now & I will create a thread on him later today..

Tough to lose him. I really wanted him. He will Excell at bama just like the ones last year.

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Tough to lose him. I really wanted him. He will Excell at bama just like the ones last year.

Yup. It's hard to recruit against being the next Waddle.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yep, growing tired of bama getting these WRs that can be game changers, but not much we can do with their WR success lately.

57 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

not much we can do with their WR success lately.

Except battle it by having a more prolific passing attack. If Chad can do with our offense what he did at Clemson we will be able to win these battles more often. I think if we just show a more sustained passing attack that feature our wide receivers better we would’ve landed Christian Leary.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Except battle it by having a more prolific passing attack. If Chad can do with our offense what he did at Clemson we will be able to win these battles more often. I think if we just show a more sustained passing attack that feature our wide receivers better we would’ve landed Christian Leary.

Amen to that. We can hope 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

And another amen from the congregation. 

I posted an article in a TE thread but I'm guessing it applies to WRs, too. The proof was very much in the pudding during CCM's stint at Clemson, as you point out. He doesn't believe in the hyper-specialization that has held our kids back the last few years. I think we're all here for it. 

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

It not 100% over for Christian......long shot for sure but it ain't over

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It not 100% over for Christian......long shot for sure but it ain't over

It's just so damn difficult flipping someone from Bama they really want to keep.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's just so damn difficult flipping someone from Bama they really want to keep.

Totally agree I wouldn't put money on flipping him but I just know he's not 100% bammer

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree I wouldn't put money on flipping him but I just know he's not 100% bammer

Yeah. Coach Crain said yesterday he was a silent to AU til 2 days before.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Coach Crain said yesterday he was a silent to AU til 2 days before.

I believe he's getting pressure from others to go to bammer mostly a business decision on getting to the pros imo. We shall see........... if we could just get him on campus it would help greatly.

I am stating the obvious but our chances of flipping Leary will increase if we are utilizing our WRs more in the passing game (in Morris offense). Not saying it would happen but our chances for Leary flipping would increase. If however it looks like Gus offense of old then the chances are next to none.

4 hours ago, Samau said:

I am stating the obvious but our chances of flipping Leary will increase if we are utilizing our WRs more in the passing game (in Morris offense). Not saying it would happen but our chances for Leary flipping would increase. If however it looks like Gus offense of old then the chances are next to none.

And I would say we have to make a heck of an impression in the first few games to get any traction.   Unfortunately Gus has this 'close to the vest' philosophy, withholding as much of the playbook, as long as possible.   

I have always thought that does not help win over recruits on the fence during the first 6-8 games.   but I don't know anything.  

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I know his favorite sandwich is a philly cheesesteak. Any good places in Auburn for that 

Oskar's on Lake Martin, south of Dadeville.

Archived