2021 4* WR Christian Leary (Bama)

ellitor

43 offers including AU, Bama, Floroda, OU, Zona St., FSU, UGA, Miami, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio St., Penn St., Vols, TCU, Texas, USC, WVU, Wisky, & Texas A&M
AU, Bama, & Florida are the teams standing out

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be some kind of athlete to have an offer list like that as a 5'9 WR. Looks to be pretty solidly built, though. Definitely has wheels- reported 10.5 100m time and the highlight reel doesn't dispute that. 

Would love to hear thoughts on his actual receiving skills. 

Kid is all about speed and he has good hands. Blink and he is gone. He has a very good offer list. He has great long play potential. Not sure if OK leads but he would fit in well there. Of course, I am sure we could find good ways to take advantage of that speed too.

Davis was like the #1 guy on my list I wanted us to get now that we got him. Leary is my new #1. We’ve got a lot of big tall WR’s on our roster now we need more speed in our WR room. This is the guy

From Keith on Free VIP day

Auburn is in this more than people think. Sounds like it's coming down to Auburn, Alabama and UF. All three might be getting good vibes right now ...

We are told proximity to home is a factor. And even though UF is very close to Orlando, Auburn and Bama aren't that far either.

He's a stud player only seen him once last year. Plays on a well coached team and lost in the finals against St. Thomas Aquinas who had a juggernaut of a team last year. Have to try and see him more since Edgewater is only 15/20 minutes from my house

42 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

St. Thomas Aquinas

Sure wish we could retap that pipeline

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

TWHS...

Seems it's Chaminade-Madonna now. But at least we're still getting kids from other place in So Fla. I'm excited about Dawson.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Man ain't that the truth....take a look at opening day NFL rosters last year

The St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders saw 15 of their former players make NFL teams in the first week of the 2019 season, either as players on the 53-man roster, practice squad or injured reserve.

Aquinas’ number more than doubled the next-most representative schools on this season’s NFL opening-day rosters, Junipero Serra in San Mateo, Calif., and Long Beach (Calif.) Polytechnic, which boast six each.

This year’s opening-day Raiders were consolidated onto nine teams, with three each on the Cincinnati Bengals (Geno Atkins, Bobby Hart and Giovani Bernard) and Carolina Panthers (Michael Palardy, Bryan Cox Jr. and Jordan Scarlett), and two each on the Dolphins (James Crawford and Jake Rudock) and New England Patriots (James White and Phillip Dorsett).

The remaining five Aquinas players were Joey Bosa (Los Angeles Chargers), Nick Bosa (San Francisco 49ers), Marcus Gilbert (Arizona Cardinals), Lamarcus Joyner (Oakland Raiders) and Brandon Linder (Jacksonville Jaguars).

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

TWHS...

Seems it's Chaminade-Madonna now. But at least we're still getting kids from other place in So Fla. I'm excited about Dawson.

True but no high school in the country even comes close to St Thomas as for putting players in the NFL. Seems like its been that way forever just in the last 5 years they have had over 100 players sign to play college football.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

True but no high school in the country even comes close to St Thomas as for putting players in the NFL. Seems like its been that way forever just in the last 5 years they have had over 100 players sign to play college football.

Yeah. I didn't know it was like that like that. Jeeeeeez.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* WR Christian Leary

One interesting note here is OU, once presumed the favorite, has been eliminated...

4-star WR: I could really see myself at Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

Auburn has a quarterback committed in its 2021 class in four-star Dematrius Davis . It now needs some receivers to join him.

Christian Leary is considering it.

The four-star from Edgewater (Orlando, Fla.) has Auburn high on his list.

“Auburn is definitely one of my top schools,” Leary said. “They are in my top three with Alabama and Florida.”

vqwnn4h3cmze47wx1qvn

Leary communicates regularly with Auburn area recruiter/wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. He also speaks regularly with Gus Malzahn and offensive coordinator Chad Morris.

“I hear from Auburn a lot,” Leary said. “Me and Coach Burns have a real good relationship. We talk almost every day. He’s young, so we can relate a lot. He’s real easy to talk to. Our bond gets better by the day.

“Coach Malzahn is a great guy. He’s full of energy. I love Coach Malzahn and Coach Morris. Coach Morris gets fired up. He’s really excited about Auburn and I love to hear that."

Leary also speaks with Davis, the dual-threat quarterback from Texas. The two have developed a friendship, one that could carry over to college.

“I talk to Dematrius on the phone a lot,” Leary said. “He wants to get me to Auburn. I like what I hear and see from him. He’s a stud.”

Leary visited Auburn in February and plans to return once the dead period is lifted. A commitment, however, could come before then.

Leary initially planned to announce his commitment June 6, but those plans have been scrapped.

“I’ll do it when I’m ready,” he said. “It will probably be in June, but I don’t know when.”

Leary does know Auburn will be a contender until the end.

“Auburn is a great place,” Leary said. “I loved it as soon as I got there for Junior Day. I love the energy, the people around campus. I could really see myself being there.”

Rivals ranks Leary, who is 5-foot-10 and 190 pounds, the No. 20 athlete in the 2021 class and No. 41 overall recruit in Florida.

Kinda Seems like he was going to commit to OU but Auburn came around and made him rethink his plans and decided to delay his commitment 🤔

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Kinda Seems like he was going to commit to OU but Auburn came around and made him rethink his plans and decided to delay his commitment 🤔

Not sure if AU did that or not. Keith now says distance from home is a big factor.

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Even over IMG?

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if AU did that or not. Keith now says distance from home is a big factor.

Yeah UF is definitely a factor and maybe they lead, who knows but Auburn is a lot closer to home than Oklahoma is

31 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Even over IMG?

@abw0004 Yup! Not even remotely close. STA is where IMG is praying to build to. Also while IMG is great there are 5-10 programs better than them last year.

We seem to be on the hunt for shorter slot guys! I like this kid a lot. Saw him play once last year and he was electric.

Like y’all have said that would be a great pipeline to start working towards 

On 5/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, augolf1716 said:

St. Thomas Aquinas who had a juggernaut.....

The first interscholastic game I ever played in was a Jr. High basketball game against St. Thomas Aquinas. They beat us 50-6. It seems little has changed over the decades.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

The first interscholastic game I ever played in was a Jr. High basketball game against St. Thomas Aquinas. They beat us 50-6. It seems little has changed over the decades.

Did you score all 6 points????

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Did you score all 6 points????

I didn't score at all. Their 3rd team guy I was supposed to be guarding scored 6, or maybe more.

Archived