Trump’s assault on truth takes an ugly new turn

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, savorytiger said:

The church was indeed vandalized and boarded up, but the reason I believed the church was cleared was because there are firsthand accounts of what went down: 

My post judged Trump's actions on Monday. You think he changed in 2 days?

If all that is accurate, and I have no reason to question it, DJT should be removed from office. The Church, Washington DC, Hell even the White House all belong to us, the People, and not him. 

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Funny how the self proclaimed "intelligent or informed" people are always the ones to resort to name calling, 

You noticed too, lol. It's common practice on the left. The funny thing is they don't even realize they have become a caricature.   

3 hours ago, savorytiger said:

The church was indeed vandalized and boarded up, but the reason I believed the church was cleared was because there are firsthand accounts of what went down: 

My post judged Trump's actions on Monday. You think he changed in 2 days?

Turns out Gini's account that seems firsthand is inaccurate. There were no rubber bullets fired and no tear gas was used.  Trump went to the church, the President's church, vandalized and burned out, boarded up (not cleared as others have said), to make a point and a plea for sanity and peace. He won't get it while the paid criminal rioters are out there. But it is worth a try. Despite the left and media's best efforts, some truth will get out there and be heard.

10 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Turns out Gini's account that seems firsthand is inaccurate. There were no rubber bullets fired and no tear gas was used.  Trump went to the church, the President's church, vandalized and burned out, boarded up (not cleared as others have said), to make a point and a plea for sanity and peace. He won't get it while the paid criminal rioters are out there. But it is worth a try. Despite the left and media's best efforts, some truth will get out there and be heard.

Cool, just going to assume this is a troll.

5 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Funny how the self proclaimed "intelligent or informed" people are always the ones to resort to name calling, 

My name calling is always informed. 😉

1 hour ago, savorytiger said:

Not sure if troll or just creepy weird guy but definitely no need to engage.

1 hour ago, savorytiger said:

I’m not even sure Trump even knew the church existed until it was burnt down. 🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I’m not even sure Trump even knew the church existed until it was burnt down. 🤷‍♂️

Luckily there was no major damage to the church (and no people hurt) from the fires.

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

He's serious.

It was verified by Esper yesterday morning live on tv. No gas no rubber bullets. Is this trolling by SecDef?

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

It was verified by Esper yesterday morning live on tv. No gas no rubber bullets. Is this trolling by SecDef?

Homer never lets the facts get in the way of his narrative, lol. 

-The National Guard did not use tear gas

-The Park Police did not use tear gas, but smoke cannisters

-The Secret Service was involved, but have declined to say what they did or did not use

-William Barr ordered the square to be cleared

-I don't believe I've seen rubber bullets reported in that particular incident

-It was a direct response to POTUS being called out for hiding in a bunker. He wanted to show force. So he had peaceful protesters cleared out of a park in front of a church so he could walk between lines of heavily armed men to take a picture with a bible. That comes from a senior administration official.

"When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside."

- General James Mattis

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

He's serious.

I guess so, but I was honestly impressed at the sheer density of rhetoric he was able to cram in such a short paragraph. Either he's trolling, or in so deep that I'm not going to bother.

45 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

I guess so, but I was honestly impressed at the sheer density of rhetoric he was able to cram in such a short paragraph. Either he's trolling, or in so deep that I'm not going to bother.

Bingo! ;)  You're a fast learner.

(I particularly liked the sentence in which he said "Trump went to the church... blah, blah, blah.... to make a point and a plea for sanity and peace."  :lmao:)

5 hours ago, savorytiger said:

Concise is good. No one can compete with Homer for sheer quantity of verbiage.  Still don't see what the mystery is for you.  Nothing I said in the paragraph is even remotely arguable.  Why is someone who disagrees with you "in so deep"? Can't somebody have an opinion or a belief different from yours without being ignorant or a potential nazi?

30 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Concise is good. No one can compete with Homer for sheer quantity of verbiage.  Still don't see what the mystery is for you.  Nothing I said in the paragraph is even remotely arguable.  Why is someone who disagrees with you "in so deep"? Can't somebody have an opinion or a belief different from yours without being ignorant or a potential nazi?

On this board?!?!.....No! 😂

kayleigh mcenany

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

-The National Guard did not use tear gas

-The Park Police did not use tear gas, but smoke cannisters

-The Secret Service was involved, but have declined to say what they did or did not use

-William Barr ordered the square to be cleared

-I don't believe I've seen rubber bullets reported in that particular incident

-It was a direct response to POTUS being called out for hiding in a bunker. He wanted to show force. So he had peaceful protesters cleared out of a park in front of a church so he could walk between lines of heavily armed men to take a picture with a bible. That comes from a senior administration official.

The first 5 points we already knew from public statements by known sources, ie Mark Esper, Kayleigh McAnerny. The 6th point, when "anonymous" source tries to get into motive, is contradicted by Barr himself.

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Eh, I'll bite instead of making any more petty posts (oh man I was so tempted...).

Of the stuff I've seen the last couple of days, I'd call you and probably one other poster "in too deep". Congratulations there. Maybe I judged too quickly, but you claimed that a man who loves talking about showing strength and "domination" was going to make a plea for sanity and peace. You claimed that he couldn't get to the church with the "paid criminal rioters" being there (while trying to reassert to your point that people were "not cleared"...try to stay consistent at least). If you really think that nothing there is "remotely arguable", then you're getting all of your world views from very narrow sources and you believe in all the rhetoric. It's probably not worth the effort for either of us.

Lastly, that bit about me believing that people who disagree with me is a "potential nazi": I'll take it as a pure circlejerk comment. If you actually want a discussion with people, maybe don't put those in.

7 hours ago, savorytiger said:

Eh, I'll bite instead of making any more petty posts (oh man I was so tempted...).

Of the stuff I've seen the last couple of days, I'd call you and probably one other poster "in too deep". Congratulations there. Maybe I judged too quickly, but you claimed that a man who loves talking about showing strength and "domination" was going to make a plea for sanity and peace. You claimed that he couldn't get to the church with the "paid criminal rioters" being there (while trying to reassert to your point that people were "not cleared"...try to stay consistent at least). If you really think that nothing there is "remotely arguable", then you're getting all of your world views from very narrow sources and you believe in all the rhetoric. It's probably not worth the effort for either of us.

Lastly, that bit about me believing that people who disagree with me is a "potential nazi": I'll take it as a pure circlejerk comment. If you actually want a discussion with people, maybe don't put those in.

Sorry about that. I said the “church” wasn’t cleared. It was vandalized and boarded up so it was not occupied when this incident occurred.  To say Trump “loves” to talk about strength and domination” is a good example of your hyperbole when contrasting it with sanity and peace. I am positive as you probably are also that Trump would clearly like peace and sanity among the protesters and criminals.  He is not wrong that dominating criminal rioters is the only thing that will make them stop. They are not peaceful protesters. Nobody denies their right to protest peacefully. The criminal rioters are being paid and equipped in some cases.  

I never said he could not get to the church because of anybody. The secret service and park police expanded the perimeter because he was going there to speak and have a picture taken (similar to Clinton Obama and Bush did at various times). They pushed the crowd back to the required distance without rubber bullets and teargas.  Complain about the photo op all you want but it’s very common.

When you imply that Trump is the next Hitler and that I am in a cult because I support him as president then yeah by association you are calling me a nazi. I didn’t put in any comments about nazis. I reacted and replied to Homer who continuously accuses Trump supporters of cultlike loyalty and Trump himself of being the new Hitler. Perhaps  suggest to Homer to not put those in.

46 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Sorry about that. I said the “church” wasn’t cleared. It was vandalized and boarded up so it was not occupied when this incident occurred.  To say Trump “loves” to talk about strength and domination” is a good example of your hyperbole when contrasting it with sanity and peace. I am positive as you probably are also that Trump would clearly like peace and sanity among the protesters and criminals.  He is not wrong that dominating criminal rioters is the only thing that will make them stop. They are not peaceful protesters. Nobody denies their right to protest peacefully. The criminal rioters are being paid and equipped in some cases.  

I never said he could not get to the church because of anybody. The secret service and park police expanded the perimeter because he was going there to speak and have a picture taken (similar to Clinton Obama and Bush did at various times). They pushed the crowd back to the required distance without rubber bullets and teargas.  Complain about the photo op all you want but it’s very common.

When you imply that Trump is the next Hitler and that I am in a cult because I support him as president then yeah by association you are calling me a nazi. I didn’t put in any comments about nazis. I reacted and replied to Homer who continuously accuses Trump supporters of cultlike loyalty and Trump himself of being the new Hitler. Perhaps  suggest to Homer to not put those in.

The church had been damaged from the previous night from fires from rioters, but not seriously. Gini's account (who you dismissed because she talked about tear gas and rubber bullets) say she was at the church and was removed from it. As I stated before, you're right that she was incorrect about the methods used and that they used OC gas instead of tear gas. She was wrong that she saw a person hit by rubber bullets, there were other projectiles shot at them. Saying they didn't use tear gas and rubber bullets is just a way to weasle out of what they did.

What it comes down to is whether or not use of such force was warranted at all at that time. You can't just say there are "paid criminal rioters" out there and apply it to every protest and any given point in time. You have to actually back up the claim that rioting was happening at that time. I know what the park police statement says, but somehow there's no video evidence of that happening and plenty that says otherwise. Haven't they learned their lesson from what happens when there's police violence and no body cam footage to back it up? Expanding the perimeter is fine. Keeping it expanded like it is now is fine. Expanding it using violent crowd dispersal tactics that only escalated tensions between police and demonstrators just to get a photo op is not. 

So when did I imply Trump was the next Hitler? When did I imply you were in a cult? Don't lump my statements with others. You even know you're doing it since you mentioned Homer. Also, why am I telling Homer what to post? 

Archived