Ronnie Daniels Career Highlight Video

StatTiger

Auburn’s Ronney Daniels is a former wide-receiver who played for the Tigers during the 1999 and 2000 seasons. He initially signed with Florida State in 1996, coming out of high school as a highly touted recruit. He elected to play professional baseball, putting his collegiate status on hold before resigning with the Auburn Tigers in 1999. During preseason camp, Auburn coaches were concerned about his consistency as he suffered through numerous dropped passes during practice. Once the season began, Ronney Daniels delivered an all-star performance, becoming Auburn’s second only receiver to produce over 1000-yards during a season.

Ronney Daniels earned All-SEC Freshman honors during the 1999 campaign along with Freshman of the Year in the conference. He hauled in 56 receptions for 1068-yards and nine touchdowns. Daniels was projected to be an All-SEC performer in 2000 but was plagued with injuries that limited his production. Daniels caught only 34 passes during his final season at Auburn, deciding to take a chance on the NFL. He is one of the most physical wide receivers to play for the Auburn Tigers and will always be remembered for his big-play ability.

Gus Malzahn was in his second year as offensive coordinator at Auburn when Daniels commented on how exciting the offense was primarily because the system was designed to allow players to make big plays. Averaging only 4.4 touches per game at Auburn, there is no telling the numbers he might have compiled had it been 7-8 touches per game. He once stated that it took a specific attitude to play wide receiver at a successful level. It was an attitude of attacking the football and taking advantage of your opportunities when they swung your way.

• Thanks 2

The '99 season was absolutely miserable, but for the one night that I sat in Sanford Stadium we looked liked we could beat anybody....

Ronnie Daniels' stat line that night - 9 receptions for 249 yards and 2 TD's. 

He made Ben Leard look like Johnny Unitas that night in front of his first love.

Edited by TigerCatcher

Was in the stands with my kids and my good friend Gordon Fink from Selma at Tuberville's first game as head coach against Appalachian State. Gabe Gross started at QB and AU was in real danger of losing that game. Finally Ben Leard comes in and hits that big pass play to Ronnie Daniels for a TD. That was the only time that day my kids jumped to their feet in uncontrollable excitement. Probably me and my friend too.

Leard to Daniels became a helluva combo in their time on the Plains. And Ronnie Daniels to this day is one of my favorite AU receivers, and I have a few of 'em. :)

War Eagle, Ronnie Daniels!