Archibald: This is on us, White America

aubiefifty

On 5/31/2020 at 8:52 AM, Grumps said:

Maybe it's not about guilt. Maybe it is about trying to understand.

This is one of the simplest and best I've seen to date. Did you create it? 😉

FB_IMG_1591124909446.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

and when did i say i dislike you?

April 28. Please Say It Isn't So Thread Page 6:

hell i like tejas folks except for the one cat i cannot understand what he is saying

10 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

April 28. Please Say It Isn't So Thread Page 6:

boy that is a stretch. it means i do not get you. how you end up with i do not like you out of that is amazing. i have no problem telling someone i do not like them if i do not like them. but believe what you want it'd a free country.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

boy that is a stretch. it means i do not get you. how you end up with i do not like you out of that is amazing. i have no problem telling someone i do not like them if i do not like them. but believe what you want it'd a free country.

“Hell I like Tejas folks except for that one cat”.....

Thats pretty much the same thing as disliking. 

I think I even asked back then who you where referring to that you didn’t like. 

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

“Hell I like Tejas folks except for that one cat”.....

Thats pretty much the same thing as disliking. 

I think I even asked back then who you where referring to that you didn’t like. 

believe what you want. if i do not get you we are not going to be best friends. this is the internet. all i know of him is from our discussions. he could be a great guy. i do not dislike everyone i disagree with.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

believe what you want. if i do not get you we are not going to be best friends. this is the internet. all i know of him is from our discussions. he could be a great guy. i do not dislike everyone i disagree with.

Ok, but it is what you said no matter if it’s not what you really meant. 

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Ok, but it is what you said no matter if it’s not what you really meant. 

i know what i said and i know what i meant by it. you do you and let me do me. i think you are just trying to escalate things between me and him. see how that works?

47 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i know what i said and i know what i meant by it. you do you and let me do me. i think you are just trying to escalate things between me and him. see how that works?

Not trying to escalate anything. Just pointing out what you said and how it reads. T4A read it the same way. 

If anything just pointing out how people can say things with one intent and it comes out differently. A little ironic considering the thread this was originally said in. 

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

how would you like to see minorities handle the situation mikey?

Oh, I don't know....tough one there...Ya' think maybe something along the lines of the way Dr. King and Rosa Parks handled the situation would work?

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i served four years

So did I. How does that figure into this discussion?

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Just be honest. There is no way that you will accept a black man challenging the status quo. 

I don't think that's a problem since I voted for Obama the first time. Most embarrassing mistake of my political life, but race wasn't what made voting for him embarrassing. Me getting hoodwinked into thinking he'd be a good president, now that is embarrassing!

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He took a silent knee that threatened no one.  There's nothing aggressive about that. 

It pissed a lot of people off. Many of us see the knee thing as insulting to America. If I want to better understand you and you to better understand me, I won't start the process by insulting you.

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

Can't agree with that. Kaepernick's tactic of kneeling for the anthem was an aggressive, infuriating way of getting started.  He made an awful lot of people mad at him before the first word of any discourse could be exchanged. If you want to have a reasoned discussion on a subject, it's best not to spit in the other guy's coffee cup right before he sits down at the table. That's what Kaepernick did.

He got the idea from a special forces soldier. Get over yourself 

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He got the idea from a special forces soldier. Get over yourself 

Special forces members are infallible? They have depth of vision and see things that we mere mortals can barely comprehend? Who knew?

5 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Not trying to escalate anything. Just pointing out what you said and how it reads. T4A read it the same way. 

If anything just pointing out how people can say things with one intent and it comes out differently. A little ironic considering the thread this was originally said in. 

My GF thinks I'm the Devil also. She started reading this historically accurate series on my background:

scottdevil.jpg

Stereotypes apparently show I'm:

scotttwo.jpg

and came to understand why:

scottthree.jpg

She actually started reading these as a joke and got hooked, which I thought you would find funny. Apparently there is a large collection of historical highlander romance novels. I have not read them, I only know how they have impacted her. She keeps threatening to buy me a kilt.

If anyone takes this as anything other than me joking around relax. For 100% actual real discussions I'll do it on the other board.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

It pissed a lot of people off. Many of us see the knee thing as insulting to America. If I want to better understand you and you to better understand me, I won't start the process by insulting you.

Confrontation with ideals that need to be thought about long and hard often piss people off because it affects the status quo.  Think MLK and Rosa Parks, two people you mentioned earlier as positive examples, didn't piss people off despite harming no one?

A black guy making a symbolic gesture to say that America isn't good enough = bad

A white guy wearing a dumb ass red hat that literally says America isn't good enough = okay

Jesus, you people are so transparent. 

You = Everybody needs to lockdown because you will kill everybody and spread the virus.  You don’t have the right to put my life in danger.  Going back to work is selfish.

Also you = MLK’s peaceful protesting won’t work, we need action now. It’s totally fine to loot and destroy property to get my point across.  If undeterred, it will be time to kill cops. 

Do you guys listen to yourselves?

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You = Everybody needs to lockdown because you will kill everybody and spread the virus.  You don’t have the right to put my life in danger.  Going back to work is selfish.

Also you = MLK’s peaceful protesting won’t work, we need action now. It’s totally fine to loot and destroy property to get my point across.  If undeterred, it will be time to kill cops. 

Do you guys listen to yourselves?

Right?!? The hypocrisy is strong in here!! 😂😂🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Confrontation with ideals that need to be thought about long and hard often piss people off because it affects the status quo.  Think MLK and Rosa Parks, two people you mentioned earlier as positive examples, didn't piss people off despite harming no one?

They did it the correct way and in a very different time for very different reasons. Neither was a millionaire insulting the nation that provided him/her with an opportunity that few in the world ever get.

This situation is blown all out of proportion by people who somehow benefit from upheaval. The Lefty Rag WAPO keeps track of killings by cops, it has for some years now. In 2019 a total of ten unarmed black people were killed by the police, nine men and one woman. Five of the ten attacked the police and were killed in self defense. Three others were ruled justified for various reasons. Two officers were tried. The cries of "genocide" are fraudulent. 10 ain't many considering the population.

Bottom line: Do what they tell you to do in a tense situation and you won't get shot. Be hopped up on drugs and do stupid stuff and you are pretty much asking to get shot.

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They did it the correct way and in a very different time for very different reasons. Neither was a millionaire insulting the nation that provided him/her with an opportunity that few in the world ever get.

This situation is blown all out of proportion by people who somehow benefit from upheaval. The Lefty Rag WAPO keeps track of killings by cops, it has for some years now. In 2019 a total of ten unarmed black people were killed by the police, nine men and one woman. Five of the ten attacked the police and were killed in self defense. Three others were ruled justified for various reasons. Two officers were tried. The cries of "genocide" are fraudulent. 10 ain't many considering the population.

Bottom line: Do what they tell you to do in a tense situation and you won't get shot. Be hopped up on drugs and do stupid stuff and you are pretty much asking to get shot.

zSlPBiy.jpg

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

What constitutes "the correct way" for you?  Because if you mean peacefully, then so did Kaepernick.  And the reasons are quite similar, specifically Black people being treated unequally in our country.

Also, the fact that CK has money doesn't somehow diminish his point about police brutality.  That's just a complete red herring on your part to make up some faux outrage in order to dismiss the man's concerns.

Finally, this goes beyond just Black people being killed by cops.  The term "driving while Black" is real.  Don't believe it?  Ask your Black friends about it (if you actually have any).  Excessive use of force is a problem.  Your assumption that someone must not be complying in order to receive harsh treatment is literally voided by two videos in the last week: George Floyd and the students in Atlanta who were pulled from their cars and tased.

I'll leave you with Malcon Jenkins, safety for the Saints, responding to the same lines you are using about "disrespecting the flag by kneeling" which Drew Brees espoused earlier today.  Would implore you to watch the video and more importantly, listen to the man.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MalcolmJenkins/status/1268315207299981312

It is absolutely so....the sooner everybody realize that just shut up and take it isn't going to ever be the easier it will be. This country exist now because white people were tired of not being treated fair and decided they would shed blood until they were. Now why would anybody think that other human beings wouldn't do the same is crazy to me

23 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

zSlPBiy.jpg

Preferable to getting shot, IMHO. "You got to know when to hold up, know when to fold up...."

22 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

What constitutes "the correct way" for you?  Because if you mean peacefully, then so did Kaepernick.

They had a real gripe, way back then. I do not think Kaepernick has a serious gripe. Police will be brutal to anybody that fights them and color doesn't matter. Circumstances matter, being in a bad place at the wrong time matters. You'll get stopped no matter your color if you're acting the fool, passing counterfeit money, strong arm robbing a convenience store or walking through people's back yards looking for open windows. Impaired judgement due to a cocktail of drugs in one's system doesn't help make things go smoothly either.

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They had a real gripe, way back then. I do not think Kaepernick has a serious gripe. Police will be brutal to anybody that fights them and color doesn't matter. Circumstances matter, being in a bad place at the wrong time matters. You'll get stopped no matter your color if you're acting the fool, passing counterfeit money, strong arm robbing a convenience store or walking through people's back yards looking for open windows. Impaired judgement due to a cocktail of drugs in one's system doesn't help make things go smoothly either.

Know how I know you've never actually had a real conversation with a Black person in America?  

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Know how I know you've never actually had a real conversation with a Black person in America?  

I hired and worked closely with a number of fine black people, back when I was working. Mostly females due to the nature of the administrative positions they filled but there were two males as well. I didn't hire crybabies or wimps, the people I hired, black and white, were smart, dedicated and tough. I suppose I could provide you with a double handful of references from former minority employees, if the spirit moved me. They'd laugh at you for saying we'd never had a real conversation, but that's where the chips would fall.

Archived