A list of the buildings damaged, looted in Minneapolis and St. Paul

Auburn85

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The problem is that you know he's not telling them to be selective and make sure they're "getting tough" on the actual criminals. He's telling them to "get tough" on anyone on TV making it look like our country is in exactly the shape we are in.

For every image of looting or burning, there is an image of cops singling out non-violent protesters or even college kids just trying to drive home and committing violence against them. The message was already out there. Make the protests go away. 

But yes. Much or maybe even most of the damage is being done by people who showed up from out of town to exacerbate tensions on both sides. There is a community that wants a full on race war. And now you've got people in the suburbs loading guns and just waiting for "thugs from the city" to show up. I'm sure they'll be very discriminate about which brown people they do and do not shoot.

Trump would have a teeny weeny hard-on for this if he thought it would help him get re-elected. And I assure you that he is doing everything he can to leverage this into expanded executive powers and to appeal to his base. 

Jesus, man. He's tweeting the word "thugs" in call caps. Don't fall for this.

trump is a turd.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The problem is that you know he's not telling them to be selective and make sure they're "getting tough" on the actual criminals. He's telling them to "get tough" on anyone on TV making it look like our country is in exactly the shape we are in.

For every image of looting or burning, there is an image of cops singling out non-violent protesters or even college kids just trying to drive home and committing violence against them. The message was already out there. Make the protests go away. 

But yes. Much or maybe even most of the damage is being done by people who showed up from out of town to exacerbate tensions on both sides. There is a community that wants a full on race war. And now you've got people in the suburbs loading guns and just waiting for "thugs from the city" to show up. I'm sure they'll be very discriminate about which brown people they do and do not shoot.

Trump would have a teeny weeny hard-on for this if he thought it would help him get re-elected. And I assure you that he is doing everything he can to leverage this into expanded executive powers and to appeal to his base. 

Jesus, man. He's tweeting the word "thugs" in call caps. Don't fall for this.

Chicago police were ordered to not use force on Sat and Sun and they did a pretty good job of it given. Course one advantage they have was the ability to use bridges to secure the downtown area which is were most of your actual protest stuff was occurring. Weekend total was something like 82 shot with 21 of those being fatal and they were not police related. Think last report was 150 or so officers injured.

Mayor and Chief said on Sunday alone they received 50,000 more 911 calls than normal. The West and South side, the two areas where they accuse cops of harassment/abuse the most, are now accusing the police of abandoning them (no win situation for them) despite posting 700 arrests in those areas combined. These areas are even asking for the national guards now. Those areas were local looters. They even had Uhauls to run into buildings and were attempting to use burn tactics to draw police from areas.

The looting has already extended to the burbs in Chicago. One of the burbs near my mom had multiple shots fired at officers and looted/vandalized. I agree with you though that they are loading up and fearful of black and brown in many of those areas now unfortunately. Those areas are very very white. Chicago is one of the most segregated places I have ever been. White people dislike other white people there based on things like Polish vs Czech. Also have to remember lot of people in Chicago/Burbs come from places like Nebraska and Iowa so their life interactions are often very minimal with black/brown/yellow due to demographics. Then they watch the Chicago news and that has an impact on them. So they have a perception with supporting incidents just like blacks in south/west side have a perception of police with supporting incidents. Two wrongs don't make a right of course.

Many of them are people that moved out of Chicago due to how dangerous it was getting. Like those individuals that would stereotype whites from say Alabama or Texas, they see the black gangs as targeting whites for criminal purposes. This weekend just reinforces those stereotypes like a Charlottesville does to whites or a George Floyd does for police. Again two wrongs do not make a right of course.

I agree there are those that would love a race war. I feel one of the issues for Chicago is even in the South/West sides you have your black version of the good ole boy system. Your Al's and Jesse's. Which sucks cause there is some really charismatic level headed leaders in those communities that don't get support, recognition, or their message publicized. The guys that try and intervene personally before gang violence escalates, push education, push they can get out, work to get the police/communities to work together, and push humanity and understanding. I know these guys last night were really trying to get the message focused back on George Floyd.

Both sides are going to try and use this to their advantage. Look at Trump vs the mayors of these cities. They are telling him to FU (lol literally in the case of Chicago's Mayor) and blaming him for issues while he uses it to make them look like they have no control/strength as democratic leaders.

Why I'm voting for Spicoli.

7 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Chicago police were ordered to not use force on Sat and Sun and they did a pretty good job of it given. Course one advantage they have was the ability to use bridges to secure the downtown area which is were most of your actual protest stuff was occurring. Weekend total was something like 82 shot with 21 of those being fatal and they were not police related. Think last report was 150 or so officers injured.

Mayor and Chief said on Sunday alone they received 50,000 more 911 calls than normal. The West and South side, the two areas where they accuse cops of harassment/abuse the most, are now accusing the police of abandoning them (no win situation for them) despite posting 700 arrests in those areas combined. These areas are even asking for the national guards now. Those areas were local looters. They even had Uhauls to run into buildings and were attempting to use burn tactics to draw police from areas.

The looting has already extended to the burbs in Chicago. One of the burbs near my mom had multiple shots fired at officers and looted/vandalized. I agree with you though that they are loading up and fearful of black and brown in many of those areas now unfortunately. Those areas are very very white. Chicago is one of the most segregated places I have ever been. White people dislike other white people there based on things like Polish vs Czech. Also have to remember lot of people in Chicago/Burbs come from places like Nebraska and Iowa so their life interactions are often very minimal with black/brown/yellow due to demographics. Then they watch the Chicago news and that has an impact on them. So they have a perception with supporting incidents just like blacks in south/west side have a perception of police with supporting incidents. Two wrongs don't make a right of course.

Many of them are people that moved out of Chicago due to how dangerous it was getting. Like those individuals that would stereotype whites from say Alabama or Texas, they see the black gangs as targeting whites for criminal purposes. This weekend just reinforces those stereotypes like a Charlottesville does to whites or a George Floyd does for police. Again two wrongs do not make a right of course.

I agree there are those that would love a race war. I feel one of the issues for Chicago is even in the South/West sides you have your black version of the good ole boy system. Your Al's and Jesse's. Which sucks cause there is some really charismatic level headed leaders in those communities that don't get support, recognition, or their message publicized. The guys that try and intervene personally before gang violence escalates, push education, push they can get out, work to get the police/communities to work together, and push humanity and understanding. I know these guys last night were really trying to get the message focused back on George Floyd.

Both sides are going to try and use this to their advantage. Look at Trump vs the mayors of these cities. They are telling him to FU (lol literally in the case of Chicago's Mayor) and blaming him for issues while he uses it to make them look like they have no control/strength as democratic leaders.

Either Spicoli or The Dude!! 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, and those of you who laughed at @homersapienfor suggesting that this a**hole might try not to honor election results, I hope you're cleaning all those guns that you've been collecting to defend yourselves against a tyrannical government.

Well.... primarily Scottish with a decent shot of Comanche. It's what my family has done for generations. Someone get me the war paint.

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Either Spicoli or The Dude!! 

Lol, I decided to blast back to the past and get some checkered slips on Vans (guess I'm getting old). Goofing off I did a hunt and stumbled across this site:

https://thedudesdesigns.com/

Totally ordered a Spicoli for Pres T lol.

9 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol, I decided to blast back to the past and get some checkered slips on Vans (guess I'm getting old). Goofing off I did a hunt and stumbled across this site:

https://thedudesdesigns.com/

Totally ordered a Spicoli for Pres T lol.

Nice!! That site looks like classic gold!! 

13 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Well.... primarily Scottish with a decent shot of Comanche. It's what my family has done for generations. Someone get me the war paint.

Scottish and Cherokee here!! lol 

image.gif

22 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I can imagine there are exceptions. I believe you about Chicago. I imagine there are some legit hot spots in LA. They should be handled in a deliberate and targeted way. But I don't think that's the suggestion I was responding to. 

Indiscriminate, militarized police action will make matters much worse than it already has and it is clear that Trump will attempt to use it to promote his agenda.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm really sorry that that's how you look at this. 

You are advocating for more of what got us here. 

Regardless of how we got here. We are here. We can’t wait , just hope for these idiots to stop burning cities down. It’s clear it’s going to have to be a forced act. It’s not about George Floyd any more. Hell these damn thugs are more white than black. It’s going to take some force and intimidation. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can imagine there are exceptions. I believe you about Chicago. I imagine there are some legit hot spots in LA. They should be handled in a deliberate and targeted way. But I don't think that's the suggestion I was responding to. 

Indiscriminate, militarized police action will make matters much worse than it already has and it is clear that Trump will attempt to use it to promote his agenda.

He will, it's his thing. He will play it as the no nonsense I mean business attitude. Like I said he will use it to make Democrats look weak also.

Absolutely you can't have the police running around like a street gang. There has to be strategy and purpose. But we are talking about areas declaring state of emergency and people/neighborhoods fearful of the police now calling for a more militarized approach.

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

Regardless of how we got here. We are here. We can’t wait , just hope for these idiots to stop burning cities down. It’s clear it’s going to have to be a forced act. It’s not about George Floyd any more. Hell these damn thugs are more white than black. It’s going to take some force and intimidation. 

Burning cities down? Give me a break. As for your force and intimidation, you're just wanting to trade broken bones and worse for broken windows. You're accepting people as collateral damage but not property. Again, what you're advocating for is why we're here. Regardless my ass.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Burning cities down? Give me a break. As for your force and intimidation, you're just wanting to trade broken bones and worse for broken windows. You're accepting people as collateral damage but not property. Again, what you're advocating for is why we're here. Regardless my ass.

You sound like you want coddle a bunch of damn white folk that are either Antifa or Nazis. This is ridiculous. I don’t want broken bones or blood. That’s why I give a stern warning. If you are here after curfew and there is violence, your health and life is in jeopardy. And I don’t  want to hear s*** about it afterward. Your choice...No more officers are going to be asked to get killed or injured playing nice. Go home or get dealt with. . What is your suggestion?     

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

You sound like you want coddle a bunch of damn white folk that are either Antifa or Nazis. This is ridiculous. I don’t want broken bones or blood. That’s why I give a stern warning. If you are here after curfew and there is violence, your health and life is in jeopardy. And I don’t  want to hear s*** about it afterward. Your choice...No more officers are going to be asked to get killed or injured playing nice. Go home or get dealt with. . What is your suggestion?     

That we let Americans exercise their right to protest and that cops start policing *themselves* better.

I don't want to coddle anyone. I just don't think windows are more valuable than people.

That tough guy bull**** is stupid and it keeps getting innocent people hurt. Even when they do follow the rules.

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That we let Americans exercise their right to protest and that cops start policing *themselves* better.

I don't want to coddle anyone. I just don't think windows are more valuable than people.

That tough guy bull**** is stupid and it keeps getting innocent people hurt. Even when they do follow the rules.

But we need the protestors to police themselves better also. Which there are groups that are doing this. Problem is those people are going home at night and in many cities that is when the criminal element starts to take charge. Hopefully the curfews will resolve issues, they have had some positive impact. We also need those strong leaders in the communities to put in the OT so the message is given and collateral damage minimal.

Birmingham was a good example. It was peaceful, the city surrendered the monument and let them vent on it and nobody messed with them. Then it got later, some individuals left, and when the statue didn't come down they turned on the rest of the city. The city didn't interfere with them. Then 4 black teens attacked and robbed two white males that work for Al.com. Right there in front of a crowd and cameras with absolutely no fear or concern.

Take the Southside of Chicago. There is no public transportation atm due to the riot/loot portion and many don't have cars. Now all their facilities for essential goods (food, medicine, etc) are destroyed/shut down.

Innocent people are going to get hurt either way.

6 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

But we need the protestors to police themselves better also. Which there are groups that are doing this. Problem is those people are going home at night and in many cities that is when the criminal element starts to take charge. Hopefully the curfews will resolve issues, they have had some positive impact. We also need those strong leaders in the communities to put in the OT so the message is given and collateral damage minimal.

Birmingham was a good example. It was peaceful, the city surrendered the monument and let them vent on it and nobody messed with them. Then it got later, some individuals left, and when the statue didn't come down they turned on the rest of the city. The city didn't interfere with them. Then 4 black teens attacked and robbed two white males that work for Al.com. Right there in front of a crowd and cameras with absolutely no fear or concern.

Take the Southside of Chicago. There is no public transportation atm due to the riot/loot portion and many don't have cars. Now all their facilities for essential goods (food, medicine, etc) are destroyed/shut down.

Countless examples of protestors self policing.

Many more examples- just last evening- of police using excessive force on peaceful protestors. 

It's not smart. They're making it worse. 

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is a tough issue and I'm not sure how you keep one side or the other from crossing the line. Even more confusing "Is there a Line" and what's the right response when the line is crossed. I go back to the elderly lady I saw on the news crying after she saw what had happened to her community and she was asking where can i go to shop for the things I desperately need like groceries, medicine, etc. Her community, her property, her wealth had been destroyed  by a group of bad cops and the 2% of demonstrators who are rioters. What do you tell this lady?

11 minutes ago, creed said:

This is a tough issue and I'm not sure how you keep one side or the other from crossing the line. Even more confusing "Is there a Line" and what's the right response when the line is crossed. I go back to the elderly lady I saw on the news crying after she saw what had happened to her community and she was asking where can i go to shop for the things I desperately need like groceries, medicine, etc. Her community, her property, her wealth had been destroyed  by a group of bad cops and the 2% of demonstrators who are rioters. What do you tell this lady?

Personally, I don't tell her that we'll encourage the cops to visit indiscriminate violence upon whomever they see in the streets. Because I guarantee you that's not how that lady's community or wealth get rebuilt. I know that.

And you're right, you can't keep either side from crossing the line. But when one side has rocks and the other has guns, I know which side I believe needs to be kept in check more. When one side is destroying inanimate objects and the other side is destroying human bodies, I know which side I believe needs to be kept in check more. When one side is doing wrong in the name of justice and the other side is doing wrong to serve a would-be dictator and maintain a status quo of systemic racism and injustice, I know which side I believe needs to be kept in check more.

Yeah, there are a lot of good cops out there. Probably most of them. I've met many of them in my life and several of them have shown me more mercy than I deserved. Hopefully they were equally willing to show a black person mercy. I get that some people here require a 9 minute video of a man being choked to death before they'll take anyone's side but the cops. But the law enforcement community has a massive problem with excessive force and encouraging them to run with this tough guy cowboys and indians bull**** will result in much more harm than good. It will not protect our communities at large and even there were to be short term gains, the long term losses would only grow more significant than they already have. 

We are here, now, because of exactly what some are asking for more of. It's unconscionable. 

17 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Protest all you want till 7 pm. I’ll stand with you. After that you’re not protesting anymore and you are risking your life. Just about every death that has come out of these riots are cops or peacekeepers. Rioters are not worth it..

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Protest all you want till 7 pm. I’ll stand with you. After that you’re not protesting anymore and you are risking your life. Just about every death that has come out of these riots are cops or peacekeepers. Rioters are not worth it..

There is good coming out of the enforcing. Officers arrested a man in Chicago for violating curfew that was definitely an instigator. Had home made devices and encouraged violence in both Minneapolis and Chicago:

https://www.galesburg.com/news/20200601/feds-accuse-galesburg-man-of-inciting-riot-in-chicago

14 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

There is good coming out of the enforcing. Officers arrested a man in Chicago for violating curfew that was definitely an instigator. Had home made devices and encouraged violence in both Minneapolis and Chicago:

https://www.galesburg.com/news/20200601/feds-accuse-galesburg-man-of-inciting-riot-in-chicago

That probably involved some investigative work. I highly doubt they just happened to grab him while doing the tear gas and rubber bullet routine on a crowd of protestors. In fact, I bet he didn't get roughed up at all...

But yes, good! Very good. 

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That probably involved some investigative work. I highly doubt they just happened to grab him while doing the tear gas and rubber bullet routine on a crowd of protestors. In fact, I bet he didn't get roughed up at all...

But yes, good! Very good. 

Maybe. They got him at 2am in the morning for breaking curfew. Its a 3 hour drive to where he lives from Chicago.

I was talking about them actually enforcing the curfews.

They got this jack ass also. So they definitely have a team currently working it. Didn't know how thin spread they were.

https://wgntv.com/news/pilsen-man-in-joker-mask-charged-after-setting-chicago-cop-car-on-fire-officials/

Archived