The Power of Influence

I've spent a good bit of my career working to influence people, and on the other side, sifting through business plans and technical documents to sort out what the author was trying to influence me to think vs what the facts actually are. I've always been appalled at the lack of understanding among the general populace about how influence works, and how effective it is. This applies equally to science, marketing consumer goods, and yes, politics and the media, the latter two greatly magnified by today's echo chambers in social media. This is hard to get people to understand, but I just came across the simplest, most powerful example I have ever seen of how basic influence techniques work, and as a bonus its fun to watch - if you have Netflix!

On Netflix, look up season 3, episode 1 of Magic for Humans, and fast forward to the 15:30 mark. Some millennials who are themselves influencers and think they are above it all get a harsh, yet hilarious, lesson in just how human they are....after you watch this, think of the things you expose you and your families to, and consider how they are being influenced. I hope you take some time to reflect on that.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80190510

Thanks for sharing.  I will likely be watching more of these.  That was crazy. 

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow

Now Golf, reflect on how all those decades of idolizing Oddball have influenced you! ;)

11 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Now Golf, reflect on how all those decades of idolizing Oddball have influenced you! ;)

Positive waves man positive waves

22 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

It's the decades of idolizing Amun Ra and Osiris that really put him over the edge

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's the decades of idolizing Amun Ra and Osiris that really put him over the edge

Well stated Amun Ra Two Gods and the other God of the dead what better ones to learn from. Only problem I had with Oriris was being a child of parents named Nut and Geb.

Archived