Coach Dye has passed away

PigskinPat

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My husband has this picture prominently displayed in his office. He really was what Auburn is all about.

Image may contain: 1 person

09A3F74B-FF02-48BF-B1A1-5FC7A79C847F.jpeg

I have one of those as well on my Auburn Wall of Fame! All are signed. Bottom left is Chizik, on a recruiting letter.

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I bet game watch parties at your house are tame affairs. 

My wife won’t stay home. I am calm until I am not!

2 hours ago, Hopsing said:

My wife won’t stay home. I am calm until I am not!

I can’t stand to watch our games with anybody else.  Like you, I start off calm until it gets really interesting.  My dog feels the anxiety and watches me intently.  If I sit down, he comes over and puts his paw on me to calm me down.

On 6/3/2020 at 9:30 PM, Proud Tiger said:

And he was buried under the tree with no casket...….just covered by a sheet. Unfortunately the official cause of death was Covid-19 and counted as one of the three deaths in Lee County Monday attributed to the virus.

Are you serious about this? I would like documented proof. I had hoped they wouldn't use Coach Dye as part of the Covid-19 statistics, since it was NOT the cause of death and he was asymptomatic. 

Everything I have read so far only has said his issues were kidney related, and he has had a history of poor kidney and liver issues. THe only thing they have written is that he tested positive for Covid.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can’t stand to watch our games with anybody else.  Like you, I start off calm until it gets really interesting.  My dog feels the anxiety and watches me intently.  If I sit down, he comes over and puts his paw on me to calm me down.

Dogs are awesome!

On 6/5/2020 at 12:06 PM, steeleagle said:

Are you serious about this? I would like documented proof. I had hoped they wouldn't use Coach Dye as part of the Covid-19 statistics, since it was NOT the cause of death and he was asymptomatic. 

Everything I have read so far only has said his issues were kidney related, and he has had a history of poor kidney and liver issues. THe only thing they have written is that he tested positive for Covid.

I can't provide proof of any of this so I deleted the post. I will say that I have heard from several health workers that some hospitals are attributing the cause of death to Covid-19 when there are maybe a couple of choices because they are getting reimbursement in some way for Covid-19 deaths. I fully agree with you on the actual cause of Coach Dye's death and didn't mean to imply otherwise. I would also correct my post to say that, contrary to what a usually reliable source old me, Coach WAS buried in a casket.  

On 6/4/2020 at 11:14 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

My husband has this picture prominently displayed in his office. He really was what Auburn is all about.

Image may contain: 1 person

I have one too @3rdgeneration. Glad I had the opportunity to meet him a couple of times.  

7E3374A0-5499-48CB-91B8-7DA2F3187CFB.png

Archived