Seen the Proposed NHL Playoffs to Finish the Season?

Texan4Auburn

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

They are going to run a 24 team tourney.

https://fansided.com/2020/05/27/nhl-24-team-playoff-bracket-2020-stanley-cup/

I cut the cable last month, but will definitely pay for the NHL streaming network (24 a month) to catch this. Should be a good time.

Yes this would be fantastic.  Is it single elimination for a stretch or is every series a best of? When does it run? 

42 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes this would be fantastic.  Is it single elimination for a stretch or is every series a best of? When does it run? 

They are still working on the series lengths.

The format will be split between the two conferences, with 12 teams on each side of the bracket. From there, the top four teams in each conference by points percentage at the end of the season have earned a bye to the first round, while the remaining eight will play in a qualifying round to advance.

The top four teams in each conference will play a round robin tournament to determine first round seeding, while the eight teams in each conference will play a best-of-five series to advance to the first round. While the first and second round format (seeding versus bracket) and series length (best-of-five versus best-of-seven) is still being determined by the NHL, the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final will be a best-of-seven.

Kudos to NHL for bringing this interest back to the sport.  They tie in the Round Robin style of the Olympics and the best part of the sport, the NHL playoffs!  Must watch,  I personally hope they wait until July so I can watch it. I get cable services again then.

Probably better off with the NHL Network/Channel streaming though. You will be able to get all the games. Think NBC is the only major that has NHL rights now.

Oh, and of course the Fox sports for regional.

• 1 month later...

I will certainly be watching since my team is in.   But I question why do this and not just prepare for the upcoming season and forget about 2020.   Exhibition games are July 28-30. Each team gets one game.  Playoffs start on August 1.     It's going to interesting to watch for sure to see how everything plays out. 

Let’s go Bruins 🐻 !  I got my official Pastrnak jersey last month and I’ll be wearing it for the playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, WarTiger said:

I will certainly be watching since my team is in.   But I question why do this and not just prepare for the upcoming season and forget about 2020.   Exhibition games are July 28-30. Each team gets one game.  Playoffs start on August 1.     It's going to interesting to watch for sure to see how everything plays out. 

Is this a real question? :D Of course this is 110% about money. Without it the leagues die. Plus, I'll take hockey playoffs over any other sport in a heartbeat. A hockey game seven in far and away the most thrilling event in sports.

But yet I totally agree with you. I get trying (and likely failing) to have a shortened baseball season because it's in season, but NBA and hockey in August, when they are usually gearing up for camp during that time? Just plain odd.

Archived