players report to campus thursday

aubiefifty

On 6/5/2020 at 11:22 AM, TigerTale said:

They may be on campus, but social distancing will still be expected. The question is when will the social distancing rules be dropped. Hard to play football and social distance at the same time...though I did once see Tre Matthews attempt a social distancing tackle against Leonard Fournette. Maybe that's the future of football.

Ha, social distancing is over for the most part it appears. So many thousands of folks have just pushed it to the side it’s not even news anymore. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved the video! I love the mask below the nose. Think that works? Kids! It just makes my heart happy to see them so happy to be back together. Do we know if any of our players tested positive?

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Loved the video! I love the mask below the nose. Think that works? Kids! It just makes my heart happy to see them so happy to be back together. Do we know if any of our players tested positive?

Mouth breathers :dunno:

Yep, gonna be interesting to see how everyone treats this whole thing. It’s a logistical nightmare for everyone obviously. 

1 hour ago, wde21 said:

According to Auburn rivals three of our players have tested positive. All asymptomatic.

Ugh...

4 hours ago, wde21 said:

According to Auburn rivals three of our players have tested positive. All asymptomatic.

At least I feel like they have a good plan to separate those players. I hate it for them, because if they feel just fine, they are going to be super frustrated. But the safety of the team is most important. With so many people being asymptomatic, I hope that means we are developing herd immunity in this country. We need that vaccine fast. We've gotta have football!!! (Not to mention, we want people safe. 😁)

11 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Should’ve had the players report 2 weeks early and quarantined for 2 weeks.

The plan has been to start practice at the end of June. The time frame is just what they expected and wanted. 

Cord Sandberg, Nick Brahms, and Smoke Monday. those are the players and it was posted in a southern paper today. i like knowing in case anyone might want to send a get well card or support.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

Cord Sandberg, Nick Brahms, and Smoke Monday. those are the players and it was posted in a southern paper today. i like knowing in case anyone might want to send a get well card or support.

The Loachapoka Gazette. It was on the front page this morning.  i got this from the rant and did not fact check since many people confirmed it...........

Things like this make me wonder if you just randomly tested 1000 people off the street, would the percentage be the same?  As 3rd indicated above, hoping there is some herd immunity. I heard a news story recently that there is speculation the virus may be becoming milder.  No idea if true but that would be good too.   I’m looking for positive signs:)

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Things like this make me wonder if you just randomly tested 1000 people off the street, would the percentage be the same?  As 3rd indicated above, hoping there is some herd immunity. I heard a news story recently that there is speculation the virus may be becoming milder.  No idea if true but that would be good too.   I’m looking for positive signs:)

If it holds true to prior trends, warmer and more humid weather helps. Not sure if that is in play yet or not. 

Any positive sign, indeed.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If it holds true to prior trends, warmer and more humid weather helps. Not sure if that is in play yet or not. 

Any positive sign, indeed.

One thing that is fact right now is the death rate is coming down.  To me, that is the best news.  I’m hoping it means we are starting to understand it better, working therapeutics and protecting those most at risk; and as you indicate, hoping the weather is a factor. I’ve personally been watching the Missouri numbers bc of the well publicized pics at lake of the Ozarks on Memorial Day. So far I have not seen a spike there. As it seems, I’m looking for every positive sliver I can find😊.

I know this is the football forum but did athletes from other sports arrive also or are they scheduled to arrive at a later date. I am also assuming if other sports are arriving at a later date the same level of precautions will be in place.

I have not pulled up my Twitter account in a while but just did and there was a video of Gus leading the football team to the Black Lives Matter rally at Toomers corner. This is great example of Gus being the man he is. I see things like this and I understand why his players love him. He is just a good man who really cares about his players and sets a good example for them.  

The other thing that stood out in watching the Video was Brenden Coffey he is a big young man. Whenever I read height and weight on a player I take it with a grain of salt but this kid towers over Gus who is not a small man.  

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I have not pulled up my Twitter account in a while but just did and there was a video of Gus leading the football team to the Black Lives Matter rally at Toomers corner. This is great example of Gus being the man he is. I see things like this and I understand why his players love him. He is just a good man who really cares about his players and sets a good example for them.  

The other thing that stood out in watching the Video was Brenden Coffey he is a big young man. Whenever I read height and weight on a player I take it with a grain of salt but this kid towers over Gus who is not a small man.  

That was great to see. Everyone coming together in unity. The recruits are taking notice as well 

This season is going to be a mess. Players will test positive. Everyone they have come 8n contact with will  Be quarantined. Massive numbers will miss playing in games. Games wil be cancelled. I just dont see this season happening if not for the huge revenue it brings in

1 hour ago, shabby said:

This season is going to be a mess. Players will test positive. Everyone they have come 8n contact with will  Be quarantined. Massive numbers will miss playing in games. Games wil be cancelled. I just dont see this season happening if not for the huge revenue it brings in

The WHO just announced that asymptomatic spread of the virus is very rare. Makes me wonder if the NCAA will still be testing players by the time the season rolls on. 

17 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

One thing that is fact right now is the death rate is coming down.  To me, that is the best news.  I’m hoping it means we are starting to understand it better, working therapeutics and protecting those most at risk; and as you indicate, hoping the weather is a factor. I’ve personally been watching the Missouri numbers bc of the well publicized pics at lake of the Ozarks on Memorial Day. So far I have not seen a spike there. As it seems, I’m looking for every positive sliver I can find😊.

Don’t let that get you too excited. Most states have expanded testing. More tests means they are identifying more symptomless carriers. That will make it seem like the death rate is dropping when it really isn’t. 
The issue still isn’t exactly deaths directly. It’s hospital overcrowding. While some people are getting the illness very badly, the symptoms, even in extreme cases, are usually treatable. If hospitals get overcrowded though, their ability to treat everyone drops.

Still, I’m happy to see case numbers are dropping in most of the state. Still trying to figure out the Montgomery metro and Mobile that are in such bad shape that they are making the state’s numbers rise.

Certainly hoping for a season this year. Not sure if it has been stated yet but i'd be interested to learn how long players would have to be quarantined if tested positive before returning?

This is really going to shake up CFB because imagine if a big impact player(s) gets COVID and the team is on a championship run or winning streak. They'd need to be in quarantine and the team has huge games coming up. It would honestly give more teams the chance to contend this year but at the same time suck for some who have the best talent. It would also give backups more opportunities to play. 

I welcome it though; especially with the pro sports. With college it may be a bit different because could this affect their draft status if they catch it and only able to play half the season. That's someone's money and livelihood. But we're all having to adjust with all of this and some things are going to be just unfair in general due to what's going on in the world today. 

12 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

The WHO just announced that asymptomatic spread of the virus is very rare. Makes me wonder if the NCAA will still be testing players by the time the season rolls on. 

The WHO has walked back that conclusion. It seems to me that if several players tested positive that this will be a reoccuring problem. Now on to putting 90000 fans right next to each other.. yikes

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

The WHO has walked back that conclusion. It seems to me that if several players tested positive that this will be a reoccuring problem. Now on to putting 90000 fans right next to each other.. yikes

Makes you wonder WHO you can trust for sure 

Archived