2021 4* CB Nyland Green (UGA)

ellitor

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What our chances of getting Nyland Green?

@auburn4ever most people seem to think auburn is in his top two along with Clemson and may be the favorite. Also can’t count out UGA.

Jordan Hancock flipping to OSU have anything to do with Clemson and Green?

50 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Jordan Hancock flipping to OSU have anything to do with Clemson and Green?

@AUinGA44 Doubt it. Clemson was already going hard after Green. It did cause them to offer another major target in Kamari Lassiter. There is word though that with UGA losing Grimes to UNC they may become a bigger threat for Green.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@AUinGA44 Doubt it. Clemson was already going hard after Green. It did cause them to offer another major target in Kamari Lassiter. There is word though that with UGA losing Grimes to UNC they may become a bigger threat for Green.

That’s not great news. Athens is only about 45 minutes from Newton Co. and makes Green very easy to access. 

Flip side- now that Jordan Hancock is no longer committed to Clemson his HS teammate Barrett Carter might be slightly more back in play for us to recruit. 

Keith says Nyland & Clemson aren't communicating much so Clemson is fading. This has become an AU, UGA, & Vols race.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Keith says Nyland & Clemson aren't communicating much so Clemson is fading. This has become an AU, UGA, & Vols race.

I like our chances a lot better with Clemson seemingly out of the race. IMO, they are the only school in the country that can challenge the Auburn atmosphere.

16 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I like our chances a lot better with Clemson seemingly out of the race. IMO, they are the only school in the country that can challenge the Auburn atmosphere.

I worry now about that hometown pressure of the GA boy staying in-state. He's not that far from Athens. 

Ofc, I hope the coaches are telling him he's a Carlton Davis clone, and see where he is now...NFL. similar height and body build it seems...

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

UGA worries me a lot.They are the home team & have missed on their biggest DB targets. I'm sure they'll be balls to the walls after Green.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

UGA worries me a lot.They are the home team & have missed on their biggest DB targets. I'm sure they'll be balls to the walls after Green.

Of course I'm worried with both of the teams still pushing hard for him that aren't Auburn, but I just don't like recruiting against Clemson.

• 2 weeks later...

c7276fdb16fd1cde54cf899123db2d2d.gif

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

c7276fdb16fd1cde54cf899123db2d2d.gif

To expand on this gif Rusty from UGA 247 says UGA and LSU now lead for Nyland Green with AU now third. Keith seems to agree given his posts lately and also didn’t have Green in his most recent Auburn mock draft class.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To expand on this gif Rusty from UGA 247 says UGA and LSU now lead for Nyland Green with AU now third. Keith seems to agree given his posts lately and also didn’t have Green in his most recent Auburn mock draft class.

I feel like this recruiting class in particular a lot of recruits are flip flopping more than normal of who is in the lead before they commit.  Do you also feel this way?  I can see why with COVID restrictions of actually being able to get to campus.  It is getting to the point of where I don't even want to pay attention to some of these guys until I see a commitment.

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I feel like this recruiting class in particular a lot of recruits are flip flopping more than normal of who is in the lead before they commit.  Do you also feel this way?  I can see why with COVID restrictions of actually being able to get to campus.  It is getting to the point of where I don't even want to pay attention to some of these guys until I see a commitment.

Kirby didn't get his other top CB target so now he has turned up the heat on green. Kirby gets who he wants when he prioritizes them. Especially in state for the most part. My nightmares are filled with Kirby recruiting against Gus. I wake up screaming in terror at that horror!!! Lmao 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kirby didn't get his other top CB target so now he has turned up the heat on green. Kirby gets who he wants when he prioritizes them. Especially in state for the most part. My nightmares are filled with Kirby recruiting against Gus. I wake up screaming in terror at that horror!!! Lmao 

I don't know if I would agree with that.  Kirby missed out on his top three CB targets for this class, which he prioritized.  And Auburn has won some against Kirby too.  Derrick Brown, Owen Pappoe, Big Kat Bryant come to mind first.  I know when Kirby missed out on his top RB targets two years ago to Alabama he tried to land DJ Williams but we just reminded DJ that obviously Kirby had other guys he wanted over DJ.  I hope we can do the same here with Green.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I don't know if I would agree with that.  Kirby missed out on his top three CB targets for this class, which he prioritized.  And Auburn has won some against Kirby too.  Derrick Brown, Owen Pappoe, Big Kat Bryant come to mind first.  I know when Kirby missed out on his top RB targets two years ago to Alabama he tried to land DJ Williams but we just reminded DJ that obviously Kirby had other guys he wanted over DJ.  I hope we can do the same here with Green.

Lol bruh. Come on now. The one thing Kirby can do elite is recruit. Especially negative recruit. Kirby owns Gus on and off the field. Derrick brown was the class only a couple of months after bowl cut got the job. Can't remember how hard they were pushing for big Kat. But yes Owen pappoe was the one time we got to flex on Kirby for a elite recruit and dunk on him. It was so nice. I will always treasure that and that's why OP is one of my favorite current AU players. 

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Big Kat Bryant

Don't believe he was a take for UGA. It was an AU-LSU battle.

Regardless GWill's post is more true than not. Last class is the only 1 I can remember us actually getting a handful of wins over them. So far in this class we are 0-5 on recruits both teams wanted.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

But yes Owen pappoe was the one time we got to flex on Kirby for a elite recruit and dunk on him. It was so nice. I will always treasure that and that's why OP is one of my favorite current AU players. 

Tank & Z-Walk were also big time Ws over them.  They wanted Kobe Hudson but he never gave them a chance. Eric Reed was also a quality W.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Tank & Z-Walk were also big time Ws over them.  They wanted Kobe Hudson but he never gave them a chance. Eric Reed was also a quality W.

UGA was interested in JJ Evans too but he never gave them a chance either

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Uh oh

He has big upside but I'm happy if we land a CB class of Kool Aid, Lassiter & Hadden.

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Uh oh

dfsdfs.gif

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

He has big upside but I'm happy if we land a CB class of Kool Aid, Lassiter & Hadden.

He was my biggest want at DB but like you I would be very happy with the ones in your comment. 

Archived