2021 4* CB Nyland Green (UGA)

ellitor

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Outside of guys who really follow the nuances of DB play (not putting myself in that boat), most people would probably walk away happy with a trade off of Nyland for McKinstry

IF that were to happen

Nyland is more of a true corner. Kool aid is just a ball hog 

46 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Nyland is more of a true corner. Kool aid is just a ball hog 

and those archetypes aren't things casual observers would know. most of us just see stars and comparisons and go crazy. 

However, just responding to what you presented to me, there's alot of value in someone who can force turnovers. We haven't had a real pick machine in quite a while. Off the top of my head, Jonathon Jones? 

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

and those archetypes aren't things casual observers would know. most of us just see stars and comparisons and go crazy. 

However, just responding to what you presented to me, there's alot of value in someone who can force turnovers. We haven't had a real pick machine in quite a while. Off the top of my head, Jonathon Jones? 

That's a matter of scheme and not talent.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Our defensive backs have not been playing up to par for the last few years. We must sign guys like Nyland.

Ok! It is written therefore it must be done!

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Our defensive backs have not been playing up to par for the last few years.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live - Find & Share on GIPHY

Green has been fading for awhile. I had him on the show and he was very excited about Auburn and he was close to releasing a top 5 then backed off and went radio silent with Auburn. I don’t expect him in the class.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Where does Auburn stand in getting Nyland?

Jboy said he doesn't expect him to commit to us.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:51 AM, The Jboy Show said:

Green has been fading for awhile. I had him on the show and he was very excited about Auburn and he was close to releasing a top 5 then backed off and went radio silent with Auburn. I don’t expect him in the class.

Sounds like he needs to get back on the show! 

On 8/7/2020 at 8:06 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Solid pull.

Regarding INTs, Jones and Jermaine Whitehead had a strong 2014 (six each), but not much else over their careers (eight each).  Javaris Davis had two in each of his four seasons.  Walt McFadden had nine career picks, but again, most came in one year.  Bynes was up there too with seven.  Best I can tell, those are our statistical leaders over the last decade or so.  I would have guessed Carlton Davis, but that would have been way off.

WDE!

4 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

Solid pull.

Regarding INTs, Jones and Jermaine Whitehead had a strong 2014 (six each), but not much else over their careers (eight each).  Javaris Davis had two in each of his four seasons.  Walt McFadden had nine career picks, but again, most came in one year.  Bynes was up there too with seven.  Best I can tell, those are our statistical leaders over the last decade or so.  I would have guessed Carlton Davis, but that would have been way off.

WDE!

We have a weird thing where we either have alot of turnovers in a year or almost none. I think it's been more of the latter with the CB1 in our modern defenses being almost shutdown. Our CB2 needs to be a ball hawk more than the CB1 would, I suppose

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We have a weird thing where we either have alot of turnovers in a year or almost none. I think it's been more of the latter with the CB1 in our modern defenses being almost shutdown. Our CB2 needs to be a ball hawk more than the CB1 would, I suppose

Our INTs are down because Coach Steele's philosophy is a press man scheme. The scheme doesn't adhere to a high INT count.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Our INTs are down because Coach Steele's philosophy is a press man scheme. The scheme doesn't adhere to a high INT count.

ryan-gosling-the-smile-you-gave-me.gif

People have to realize we’re not going to get many interceptions in Steele’s scheme. I know people say to turn your head around but I don’t think people really understand how hard press is and how much Steele is putting on our DB’s plate.

And then our guys are playing press against some of the best WR’s in the nation. It’s funny Bama and LSU had the best collection of WR’s we faced and in those 2 games we managed to get 3 INT’s lol 

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

People have to realize we’re not going to get many interceptions in Steele’s scheme. I know people say to turn your head around but I don’t think people really understand how hard press is and how much Steele is putting on our DB’s plate.

you-keep-talking.gif

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2020 at 8:12 AM, Sizzle said:

And then our guys are playing press against some of the best WR’s in the nation. It’s funny Bama and LSU had the best collection of WR’s we faced and in those 2 games we managed to get 3 INT’s lol 

With that being said we are getting more DB's in the NFL that are more productive than with past DC's...IMO

Archived