Drew Brees Comments

Grumps

you guys all want to be able to keep your rights like buying assault rifles,etc. well in feb of 73 in military bootcamp we were taught people had the right to protest. that means the flag as well the national anthem. when nam vets got the crap beat out of them including many vets in wheelchairs i believe opened some eyes. when you kneel to something it is called grace. that is what cap did. again, he started out by refusing to stand until a green beret taught him the proper way. i just looked it up. before i had read it was a seal. be we have the right to peaceful protest so who are any of you to take someones rights away? it was never meant to be an insult to those who were wounded or died defending their country. ever. that is some bullcrap. how many innocent people did kap hurt? how many police officers did cap kill? what city was it that had some panthers holed up in a building in the middle of the block and the gov came in and blew up the whole block? not just the folks deemed trouble makers but the whole block. they killed innocent blacks that had the misfortune of living close to those panthers. look it up. it is one of those dirty little secrets the government does not want you to know about. again, cap took a knee in grace to protest peacefully the treatment of minorities in this country. he did not take a knee to spit on troops who gave their lives for our country. that is called spin. you guys think the black soldiers who gave their lives were upset he took a knee or was it just the white cats you guys think he offended. some of you are racist or racist leaning or appear to be and most of you still believe trump is not a racist.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

They are similar in that both actions do offend many fellow human beings and both actions would/do divide us. 

it offends me that any freaking idiot in america can buy an assault rifle if they have no felony conviction. and hey people die all the time from thos bad boys. ask the officer in moody that was just murdered with one.

30 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

But you’re offended because someone isn’t sharing your view of the level of respect a song is afforded— it’s not really even the flag— the flag remains the whole game. It’s just during the song in which someone dares not act like you. You find someone not sharing your perspective as offensive. They’re not offended that you fly the American flag or salute it.

I’m not even necessarily talking about me.  I’m telling you clearly millions are offended by both of these actions. I wish we would all have more understanding of our fellow man and not do things that divide us. Again I understand your perspective, but it is a one way street as you refuse to accept the perspective of millions who don’t share your perspective and are sincerely offended when someone kneels during our national anthem. 

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

I’m not even necessarily talking about me.  I’m telling you clearly millions are offended by both of these actions. I wish we would all have more understanding of our fellow man and not do things that divide us. Again I understand your perspective, but it is a one way street as you refuse to accept the perspective of millions who don’t share your perspective and are sincerely offended when someone kneels during our national anthem. 

People are offended by a number of things, some of which are irrational and/or myopic and self-centered. All offenses aren’t created equal and that’s true across the political spectrum. 

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

People are offended by a number of things, some of which are irrational and/or myopic and self-centered. All offenses aren’t created equal and that’s true across the political spectrum. 

I agree people are offended by a number of things. It is a matter of perspective as to which are irrational or not. It is also a matter of perspective as to what is or isn’t equal to what. We do know that flying a confederate flag in your yard would be offensive to millions of our fellow citizens and we also know kneeling during the national anthem is also offensive to millions of our fellow citizens. Both are perfectly legal though. 

55 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it offends me that any freaking idiot in america can buy an assault rifle if they have no felony conviction. and hey people die all the time from thos bad boys. ask the officer in moody that was just murdered with one.

That is a tragedy and I hope those killers are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys all want to be able to keep your rights like buying assault rifles,etc. well in feb of 73 in military bootcamp we were taught people had the right to protest. that means the flag as well the national anthem. when nam vets got the crap beat out of them including many vets in wheelchairs i believe opened some eyes. when you kneel to something it is called grace. that is what cap did. again, he started out by refusing to stand until a green beret taught him the proper way. i just looked it up. before i had read it was a seal. be we have the right to peaceful protest so who are any of you to take someones rights away? it was never meant to be an insult to those who were wounded or died defending their country. ever. that is some bullcrap. how many innocent people did kap hurt? how many police officers did cap kill? what city was it that had some panthers holed up in a building in the middle of the block and the gov came in and blew up the whole block? not just the folks deemed trouble makers but the whole block. they killed innocent blacks that had the misfortune of living close to those panthers. look it up. it is one of those dirty little secrets the government does not want you to know about. again, cap took a knee in grace to protest peacefully the treatment of minorities in this country. he did not take a knee to spit on troops who gave their lives for our country. that is called spin. you guys think the black soldiers who gave their lives were upset he took a knee or was it just the white cats you guys think he offended. some of you are racist or racist leaning or appear to be and most of you still believe trump is not a racist.

I think anyone has the right to protest on their own time. I think an employer has to allow you to protest when you are at work like in this example. Most and maybe all NFL teams allow it I believe so I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t be allowed to do protest at work if it ok with your employer. It is also legal I believe to fly a confederate flag on your own property or at work if your employer approves. My point is both actions would/do offend millions of our fellow citizens. Millions don’t share your perspective as it relates to kneeling during the national anthem. I just wish more people would be more accepting of our fellow citizens and avoid doing things that offend millions of us....even if it is legal. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I cannot believe people are equating perceived "disrespect" of the flag with the frequent killing of unarmed black people by the police, since that was undeniably what CK was protesting.  :no:

Why???

IMO people are trying to put words in the man's mouth and are trying to over complicate things. The way I see it is if you want me to show the utmost respect for this country and the flag then you include me and treat me like a citizen. What you are not going to do is treat me second rate then on top of that demand I smile and like it and show respect. It's a simple cause and effect. If I wasn't being mistreated for the color of my skin we wouldn't have any problems. You're not going to keep killing my people, tell me how I should go about my protest and then just sit back and say hey man I know it sucks you just have to peacefully hope one day we decide you're worth enough for us to treat you better than an animal. The entire time we all know that when YOU felt like you were being mistreated you killed for it. You are in no position to feel like one you stand on a higher moral plane or two that you are the authority to lay out rules on how people should be treated. 

That's it period. 

He started out saying that he was indeed protesting the flag. Changed it later. No problem he has the right. Just as we have the right not to watch or attend games or hire him as a quarterback. But the left sees evil in our right to allow Kap to remain unemployed.   Not fair they say. You just don’t want him to play because he protested the flag.  Good enough for me.  

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Okay? That's him kneeling before the anthem, which he then stood up for. That is meaningless.

Exactly!!!! The question is why do YOU get to decide it is meaningless? Why do you think Brees was kneeling with his teammates? Apparently the only meaningful way to oppose police brutality on black men and the only way to fight racism is to do exactly what others say. Brees' treatment of his teammates and his community is worthless if he won't take a knee during the National Anthem. What a bunch of hypocrites.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Exactly!!!! The question is why do YOU get to decide it is meaningless? Why do you think Brees was kneeling with his teammates? Apparently the only meaningful way to oppose police brutality on black men and the only way to fight racism is to do exactly what others say. Brees' treatment of his teammates and his community is worthless if he won't take a knee during the National Anthem. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I have absolutely no idea what your opinion on this issue is.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I have absolutely no idea what your opinion on this issue is.

I understood you to say that Brees kneeling with his teammates before the game and then standing for the National Anthem is meaningless. By meaningless I took you to mean that he was not, in fact, supporting his black teammates and protesting against police brutality, etc. I think that is why Brees was kneeling with his teammates. So why do you think Brees' actions were meaningless and why do you get to decide the meaning of his actions? When I look at Brees' actions I am incredibly impressed.

10 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I understood you to say that Brees kneeling with his teammates before the game and then standing for the National Anthem is meaningless. By meaningless I took you to mean that he was not, in fact, supporting his black teammates and protesting against police brutality, etc. I think that is why Brees was kneeling with his teammates. So why do you think Brees' actions were meaningless and why do you get to decide the meaning of his actions? When I look at Brees' actions I am incredibly impressed.

You're right. Kneeling when everyone else was but not when there was actually something on the line wasn't meaningless. It just didn't mean much. That was made extra clear recently.

What does mean something is what he does going forward. So far it seems he's made an about face but I'll let his teammates decide what they think.

Oh, and many of them made it abundantly clear that they thought his kneeling in 2016 meant very little.

Grumps, do you think someone should be fired or be forced to leave the country because they protested injustice by kneeling during the anthem?

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Grumps, do you think someone should be fired or be forced to leave the country because they protested injustice by kneeling during the anthem?

Not Grumps, but do you think the average citizen could publicly protest on the company’s dime and not get fired?

4 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

I think anyone has the right to protest on their own time. I think an employer has to allow you to protest when you are at work like in this example. Most and maybe all NFL teams allow it I believe so I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t be allowed to do protest at work if it ok with your employer. It is also legal I believe to fly a confederate flag on your own property or at work if your employer approves. My point is both actions would/do offend millions of our fellow citizens. Millions don’t share your perspective as it relates to kneeling during the national anthem. I just wish more people would be more accepting of our fellow citizens and avoid doing things that offend millions of us....even if it is legal. 

see to me your statements tell me you do not care about their plight you just care about yourself.blacks have tried everything to get people to listen peacefully. the difference is you get your feelings hurt because you do not except the correct interpretation of kneeling by experts that know  because it hurts your feelings while folks are dying on their side. it is a very bad look. i am a five point vet and i get it.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not Grumps, but do you think the average citizen could publicly protest on the company’s dime and not get fired?

i think american people should have the right to call out injustice wherever it is seen. that is supposed to be one of the things that makes america great that people like you would try to steal from the american people. you have already come out and said you will not say what you think until the authorities declare whatever with the murder of floyd. i mean the video is there with the man begging for  help and calling out for his mother for gods sake. you come off as a real piece of work. if anything you should at the very least be upset a cop murdered anyone because it puts other cops in jeopardy because of it if you cannot see what is right in front of your eyes. hell police chiefs have watched it ONE time and declared it was murder..

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i think american people should have the right to call out injustice wherever it is seen. that is supposed to be one of the things that makes america great that people like you would try to steal from the american people. you have already come out and said you will not say what you think until the authorities declare whatever with the murder of floyd. i mean the video is there with the man begging for  help and calling out for his mother for gods sake. you come off as a real piece of work. if anything you should at the very least be upset a cop murdered anyone because it puts other cops in jeopardy because of it if you cannot see what is right in front of your eyes. hell police chiefs have watched it ONE time and declared it was murder..

What are you talking about????  You really buy into the MSM narrative of *if you don’t believe what we print you are bad*.  There is no reason for you to do your own research or find out what is going on by different sources.  If it doesn’t fit your narrative it must be wrong and the person must be a horrible individual.  I don’t fit into your mold of what a good person is, well too bad. I get to think for myself. You are one of the worst virtue signalers on this site.

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

He started out saying that he was indeed protesting the flag. Changed it later. No problem he has the right. Just as we have the right not to watch or attend games or hire him as a quarterback. But the left sees evil in our right to allow Kap to remain unemployed.   Not fair they say. You just don’t want him to play because he protested the flag.  Good enough for me.  

sounds like white privilege to me. with few exceptions only white folks feel that way. i am pretty sure some of you on here are racist anyway. you sure act like it. i mean most of you cats across the aisle claim trump is not a racist. you are wasting your time with me as you have spouted the same old crap on here for years.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What are you talking about????  You really buy into the MSM narrative of *if you don’t believe what we print you are bad*.  There is no reason for you to do your own research or find out what is going on by different sources.  If it doesn’t fit your narrative it must be wrong and the person must be a horrible individual.  I don’t fit into your mold of what a good person is, well too bad. I get to think for myself. You are one of the worst virtue signalers on this site.

i know right and wrong dude. this one is really easy. go lecture someone that cares about your misguided opinions. cops are speaking out. priests are speaking out. mattis and the other ex joint chief of staff agree. what you got other than trump supporters and racists? i am not the only one that points this stuff out and some of you ignore everyone. you are one of the reasons we are in the shape we are in to begin with. silence is consent. you stand with trump. i get it.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i know right and wrong dude. this one is really easy. go lecture someone that cares about your misguided opinions. cops are speaking out. priests are speaking out. mattis and the other ex joint chief of staff agree. what you got other than trump supporters and racists? i am not the only one that points this stuff out and some of you ignore everyone. you are one of the reasons we are in the shape we are in to begin with. silence is consent. you stand with trump. i get it.

You have lost your mind.  

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

For two minutes? Absolutely

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I cannot believe people are equating perceived "disrespect" of the flag with the frequent killing of unarmed black people by the police, since that was undeniably what CK was protesting.  :no:

Why???

Who has equated those two things? I certainly haven’t. Also,  in your world view that is what CK was protesting. There are millions of Americans who do not share your world view and who are offended by it. 

On 6/5/2020 at 5:13 PM, cole256 said:

It's hilarious, people are literally trying to force CK into disrespecting the flag. They don't care about ANY facts. It's just has to be. And how can you be so adamant about disrespecting the flag and then support Trump? 

I think if the media would post facts, you know statistics, this wouldn't be an issue. We know they won't, but you can. Great opportunity brother. Go for it.

So CK is protesting due to these statistics: (stats/opportunity stated here)

BTW, if you don't feel compelled, others can chime in and contribute. We're AUFamily right? Let's do this!

Archived