When this boob loses in November

TitanTiger

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

How would Biden be any better? Because he's not Trump? The guy's been in Washington for 40+ years, and what has he accomplished? 

He's managed not to be a complete disaster of a human being, isn't utterly incompetent at the most basic aspects of being professional and a leader, and has at least a modicum of control over his temper and his ego.  I realize you've just gotten used to things being this way, but normal functioning adults actually know how to conduct themselves better than this clown.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

He's managed not to be a complete disaster of a human being, isn't utterly incompetent at the most basic aspects of being professional and a leader, and has at least a modicum of control over his temper and his ego.  I realize you've just gotten used to things being this way, but normal functioning adults actually know how to conduct themselves better than this clown.

It's amazing how quickly people forget what an actual adult sounds like and are willing to accept something less.

14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's amazing how quickly people forget what an actual adult sounds like and are willing to accept something less.

If a lot of them were being honest, they see it as a feature, not a bug.  It's not that they're settling.  

38 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If a lot of them were being honest, they see it as a feature, not a bug.  It's not that they're settling.  

The cruelty is the point. He channels their inner a$$hole.

14 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

How would Biden be any better? Because he's not Trump? The guy's been in Washington for 40+ years, and what has he accomplished? 

It seems the notion of addition by subtraction is tough for some to wrap their heads around. 

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The cruelty is the point. He channels their inner a$$hole.

He really is just a symptom of the disease and that's what's scary. 

Sometimes, though, it takes something severe for us to finally go to the damned doctor to take care of a pre-existing condition. And I don't know if this nation really is getting a full colonoscopy right now, but it feels closer than we've ever been in my 45 years.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He really is just a symptom of the disease and that's what's scary. 

Sometimes, though, it takes something severe for us to finally go to the damned doctor to take care of a pre-existing condition. And I don't know if this nation really is getting a full colonoscopy right now, but it feels closer than we've ever been in my 45 years.

There’s a hardcore 35-40% who are willing to go down with the ship and blame on Antifa.

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

There’s a hardcore 35-40% who are willing to go down with the ship and blame on Antifa.

Antifa, fake news, black people, Obama, Hillary...

I was reading an article today, see if I can find it again. Appears that all of the current events are not directing people to the Democrats like they thought it would. Lot of the youth don't trust them anymore than they do Trump.

Prediction in that article is you will see large turnout, but many votes not landing for neither Trump or Biden.

Looks like my boy Spicoli might be coming on.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:46 AM, TexasTiger said:

Never forget that Nixon had a 30% approval rating the day he left the White House.  No matter what, in the face of all evidence, there will always be supporters.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:20 PM, homersapien said:

the choice is between him and a narcissistic, psychopathic, dishonest, lying, con man

When did DT become Ted Bundy? Oh yea in the movie in your head.

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

. Appears that all of the current events are not directing people to the Democrats like they thought it would.

The Dems are destroying their jobs why would they want to vote for them?

I was reading an article today, see if I can find it again. Appears that all of the current events are not directing people to the Democrats like they thought it would. Lot of the youth don't trust them anymore than they do Trump.

Prediction in that article is you will see large turnout, but many votes not landing for neither Trump or Biden.

The youth vote is pretty inconsequential this time around.  It's all about the suburbs, particularly suburban white women.  That's what flipped the House in 2018 and will be the key again nationally.  Biden leads that sub-group with 70% support right now based on recent polling and is doing far better with them than Hillary did.

what?  lol i thought that was about the surfer dude lol. but i hear over and over it is the less or two evils again this year.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Never forget that Nixon had a 30% approval rating the day he left the White House.  No matter what, in the face of all evidence, there will always be supporters.

He was just a crook, though.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

what?  lol i thought that was about the surfer dude lol. but i hear over and over it is the less or two evils again this year.

Lol atm the Surfer dude is my candidate Fifty!

2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Trump's adversary says he is  a Ted Bundy? O-K

WTF are you talking about? :dunno:

And what does Ted Bundy have to do with Trump's psychopathy?

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t think he fully understands psychopathy. 

Well, to be fair and more technically accurate, Trump is specifically a 'narcissistic sociopath' which I consider - perhaps erroneously - as a subset of psychopathy or personality disorders. 

And the "Psychology Today" article I referenced dies make a distinction between psychopaths and narcissistic sociopaths based on "evolutionary analysis":  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/beastly-behavior/201812/the-evolutionary-role-narcissistic-sociopaths

And if you really want to get confused about terminologies, there's this:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/insight-is-2020/201812/difference-between-the-psychopath-and-so-called-sociopath

And while "sociopath" is still commonly used by many therapists and lay people (such as myself), the DSM5 uses the term "anti-social personality disorder".  

My current understanding from the DSM5 is that "personality disorders" constitute the class of psychological pathologies of which psychopaths and sociopaths are part of, regardless of terminology.  For whatever reason DSM5 replaced the term "sociopath" with "anti-social personality disorder".  (I much prefer "sociopath".)

Regardless, to anyone unfamiliar with psychopathic personality disorders - and how they might impact you personally - I recommend "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout, which tell the lay person all they really need to know.  It will scare the hell out of you.  

On 6/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, Brad_ATX said:

It's all about the suburbs, particularly suburban white women. 

That's the group that voted for Trump because their husbands told them to. According to Hillary, they don't have enough sense or backbone to vote as they see fit. Have their all-controlling husbands changed their allegiance?

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's the group that voted for Trump because their husbands told them to. According to Hillary, they don't have enough sense or backbone to vote as they see fit. Have their all-controlling husbands changed their allegiance?

According to 2018's results, it sure looks like it.  And Hillary won that group in 2016, but just not by big enough margins.  By all polling, Biden is leading that group with 14 more points more support than Hillary got 

Archived