2021 4* OT Savion Byrd

ellitor

21 offers including AU, LSU, SMU, Bama, Texas, Baylor, FSU, UGA, Miami, Nebraska, OU, Oregon, & Texas A&M
Our own Bigbird is hearing AU is in a good spot & a couple insiders on the bunker feel the same, especially if we can get him to visit AU again.
Couldn't find a good JR highlight package

E, how can a dude be rated a 98.29 on the composite and not be a 5 star? Kid must be really special. Want big time!

Bird, How good is Duncanville? They look like a college team with a line better than many. Pretty quick, big kids that are all athletic. 

19 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

E, how can a dude be rated a 98.29 on the composite and not be a 5 star? Kid must be really special. Want big time!

@JFDTiger80 To be a composite 5* a player must have a rating of 98.33 or higher. In rank order terms a recruit's average order in the class has to be 42.5 or better to be a 5*. His order in the 3 sites are 18 (ESPN), 36 (247), & 80 (Rivals: Big Drop in February). Add those 3 scores & divide by 3 gives a rank order average of 44.66. He needs a 7 spot bump from any site to be a composite 5* again.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Man oh man.

Is he another one tight with Dee Davis, even though he's from up the road? (Yes, I looked Duncanville up on a map...) 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man oh man.

Is he another one tight with Dee Davis, even though he's from up the road? (Yes, I looked Duncanville up on a map...) 

Not sure. However, We signed Byrd's teammate Chris Thompson Jr. from Duncanville in last year's class.

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man oh man.

Don't know about tight but they played each other in Dallas for the state title in back to back seasons with North Shore winning both, including Davis' famous hail mary.

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not sure. However, We signed Byrd's teammate Chris Thompson Jr. from Duncanville in last year's class.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't know about tight but they played each other in Dallas for the state title in back to back seasons with North Shore winning both, including Davis' famous hail mary.

Gracias, amigos

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Gracias, amigos

dfs.jpg

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

@JFDTiger80 To be a composite 5* a player must have a rating of 98.33 or higher. In rank order terms a recruit's average order in the class has to be 42.5 or better to be a 5*. His order in the 3 sites are 18 (ESPN), 36 (247), & 80 (Rivals: Big Drop in February). Add those 3 scores & divide by 3 gives a rank order average of 44.66. He needs a 7 spot bump from any site to be a composite 5* again.

E, Thanks. That is a lot of good info. I guess he is close toa 5 star. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

dfs.jpg

I actually thought of you, Loof, and Fred as the 3 Amigos yesterday before you posted that. LOL

1 minute ago, JFDTiger80 said:

E, Thanks. That is a lot of good info. I guess he is close toa 5 star. 

Yes. Very close

18 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Bird, How good is Duncanville? They look like a college team with a line better than many. Pretty quick, big kids that are all athletic. 

They are one of the premier programs in Texas. They have lost to Northshore in the championship game the last two years. Davis, our QB commit, was the QB for Northshore.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

They are one of the premier programs in Texas. They have lost to Northshore in the championship game the last two years. Davis, our QB commit, was the QB for Northshore.

I assume you are stoked about the importance put on northshore this class. I remember you saying last year or the year before that you wished we would recruit northshore more...

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I assume you are stoked about the importance put on northshore this class. I remember you saying last year or the year before that you wished we would recruit northshore more...

Absolutely! 

This recruit seems to be hearing from Auburn a lot and I believe he’s listening! Virtual tour anyone?

Keith is finally on board with info @bigbird & other AU insiders from other sites have posted, that AU is a serious contender for Savion. Also AU sees OU as the biggest threat

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Keith is finally on board with info @bigbird & other AU insiders from other sites have posted, that AU is a serious contender for Savion. Also AU sees OU as the biggest threat

Yeah, that’s what I was teasing about! Since it was vip I wasn’t gonna quote too much, or what’s the use in having vip information. Also, I don’t read other sites too often because most of what I need is here.

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Yeah, that’s what I was teasing about!

Since when did you get VIP access or is it something he covered in his free recruiting chat recap?

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif

Archived