2022 4* QB Ty Simpson (Bama)

ellitor

34 offers including AU, Bama Zona St., Baylor, Florida, FSU, UGA, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, UNC, OU, Oregon, Okie St., Penn St., Vols, Texas, Texas A&M, & USC,
Major target
Believed to be in his top 2 which is impressive as he has never visited AU

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

34 offers including AU, Bama Zona St., Baylor, Florida, FSU, UGA, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, UNC, OU, Oregon, Okie St., Penn St., Vols, Texas, Texas A&M, & USC,
Major target
Believed to be in his top 2 which is impressive as he has never visited AU

Do you know the other school is? 

44 minutes ago, bg5 said:

Do you know the other school is? 

Yes & they may not be a factor soon. Ask again in a few days.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes & they may not be a factor soon. Ask again in a few days.

Is he our top guy in that class?

• 7 months later...
33 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I thought he was a Clemson lean? Am I way off

@ClaytonAU Most of the chatter is with Bama & the Vols right now per Keith but TY's comments definitely sound like the new AU staff made a good impression. Interestingly 247 analyst Steve Wiltfong made a pick to Clemson today that looks like a guess right now.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@ClaytonAU Most of the chatter is with Bama & the Vols right now per Keith but TY's comments definitely sound like the new AU staff made a good impression. Interestingly 247 analyst Steve Wiltfong made a pick to Clemson today that looks like a guess right now.

So hope that is a guess.   AU could use a big shot of momentum for 22.  

12 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

So hope that is a guess.   AU could use a big shot of momentum for 22.  

@The Plainsman Ty is a great recruit but this is a loaded 2022 QB class so we will likely get at least 1 good one even if we miss on him.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not overly worried cause like you said this class is pretty loaded. Ty would be real nice and seems like the type of QB Harsin and Bobo salivate over 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

I hope the delay works in our favor. I think Simpson shows a ton of potential. He's one of my favorites for 2022 (QB), maybe my #1.

@AUinfusion Won't matter for AU. Per this article he's basically down to Bama, Clemson, Vols, & Ole Miss.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUinfusion Won't matter for AU. Per this article he's basically down to Bama, Clemson, Vols, & Ole Miss.

Any chance he remains open to recruitment (as many do) after the commitment? I think we have a good story to tell, given the time to tell it. 

15 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Any chance he remains open to recruitment (as many do) after the commitment? I think we have a good story to tell, given the time to tell it. 

It’s a possibility unless he commits to Clemson 

43 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

If it's Clemson no. They virtually get all their guys to shut down.

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

When did he visit Clemson and see their facilities?

@TigerPAC not sure but recruits are allowed to take visits to campuses on their own dime right now.

Does coach Harsin plan to take 2 QB's in the 2022 class? Ty Simpson likes the new staff and they seem to like him. What about Holden Geriner? He committed to Auburn a few weeks ago.

I heard we're also looking at the QB that's transferring out of Oregon and is considering Auburn because he likes coach Harsin's offense.

Archived