2022 4* QB Ty Simpson (Bama)

ellitor

UAT probably wouldn't accept his committment unless he was a 5*.  😉  They wouldn't want to lower their rankings for '22 Class.

18 hours ago, autan said:

UAT probably wouldn't accept his committment unless he was a 5*.  😉  They wouldn't want to lower their rankings for '22 Class.

But they know every kid gets a one star bump when they commit to uat

15 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

We been getting that bump lately and I am liking it!!

We get more bumps than some fans realize or care to admit.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We get more bumps than some fans realize or care to admit.

Golf told me they make a cream for that

On 2/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, dilligas said:

But they know every kid gets a one star bump when they commit to uat

Can we all take a second and finally recognize the fallacy in this sour grapes "Bama Bump" thing?

1) If recruiting services were overrating their signees (ie: kid commits to Bama, then gets "bumped" up a full star like it's constantly suggested) then wouldn't that reflect on the field? How are they slapping everyone around silly with all these players who supposedly have "manufactured" recruiting rankings? 

2) If point #1 is in fact true, then that would mean that Saban is actually dominating even harder than currently perceived. This would mean that his COACHING is the driving force behind their domination on the field. Because we are now claiming that really these recruits they're signing aren't ACTUALLY that much more impressive than everyone else's recruits. So is Saban then the best develop of talent on the planet?

3) Simultaneous to the whole "Bama Bump" narrative in recruiting, there is also the repeated claim that Saban actually only wins because he fields more talent than everyone else (ie:" their whole two deep is 5-stars - of course they win every game"). So this idea can't possibly coexist with the "Bama Bump" theory. Their recruits are either over-inflated, or they aren't. You can't say during recruiting season that all these kids that commit to them are getting "Bama Bumps", but then when they slap everyone around on the field turn around and also say "well thats only because they have NFL talent everywhere". Like which one is it? 

Conclusion: if you run a recruiting service that "ranks" players - you would be absolutely foolish to NOT reevaluate any ~mid ranked recruit that is deemed good enough to secure a spot in Bama's recruiting class. 

3 hours ago, metafour said:

Can we all take a second and finally recognize the fallacy in this sour grapes "Bama Bump" thing?

1) If recruiting services were overrating their signees (ie: kid commits to Bama, then gets "bumped" up a full star like it's constantly suggested) then wouldn't that reflect on the field? How are they slapping everyone around silly with all these players who supposedly have "manufactured" recruiting rankings? 

2) If point #1 is in fact true, then that would mean that Saban is actually dominating even harder than currently perceived. This would mean that his COACHING is the driving force behind their domination on the field. Because we are now claiming that really these recruits they're signing aren't ACTUALLY that much more impressive than everyone else's recruits. So is Saban then the best develop of talent on the planet?

3) Simultaneous to the whole "Bama Bump" narrative in recruiting, there is also the repeated claim that Saban actually only wins because he fields more talent than everyone else (ie:" their whole two deep is 5-stars - of course they win every game"). So this idea can't possibly coexist with the "Bama Bump" theory. Their recruits are either over-inflated, or they aren't. You can't say during recruiting season that all these kids that commit to them are getting "Bama Bumps", but then when they slap everyone around on the field turn around and also say "well thats only because they have NFL talent everywhere". Like which one is it? 

Conclusion: if you run a recruiting service that "ranks" players - you would be absolutely foolish to NOT reevaluate any ~mid ranked recruit that is deemed good enough to secure a spot in Bama's recruiting class. 

I wish I had said this. That said you realize your argument is full of logic and that is not allowed. It could cause people to stop and think before they post.

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

All kinds of creams

I like ice cream 🍦... oops, never mind!

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I wish I had said this. That said you realize your argument is full of logic and that is not allowed. It could cause people to stop and think before they post.

Certainly don’t want to be “illogical “ so no comment!!

8 hours ago, metafour said:

I believe in your conclusion you agreed that mid-ranked players that are offered by Bama get the Bama bump.

10 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe in your conclusion you agreed that mid-ranked players that are offered by Bama get the Bama bump.

I know you didn’t ask me but I think they do if for no other reason than if Savanna wants them they must be more than 3 star.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

How would you know of such things

You doctor told me about his treatment plan for you. Probably a HIPAA violation 🤔....

Just now, dilligas said:

I know you didn’t ask me but I think they do if for no other reason than if Savanna wants them they must be more than 3 star.

Spellchecker thinks Saban is Savanna

4 hours ago, dilligas said:

Spellchecker thinks Saban is Savanna

I kinda like calling him Savanna.

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 4* QB Ty Simpson (Bama)

Committed to Bama over the weekend. Would have been Tennessee had Pruitt not been fired.

Archived