Please keep Doc4aday in your prayers

ellitor

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Hey doc....hope you are still holding your own against the COVID 19 beast. Thinking of you and sending a prayer or two your way. 

Thank you so much!  I am doing ok for the most. The biggest issue is lack of smell.  This messes with the taste of food! My weight is only down by 3 pounds of which is not bad.  I am glad I am not in the shape as some people in North Carolina. We are having a big rise in cases of covid 19 in North Carolina. Counting down the days when this isolation will end. I am skyping with my wife who is upstairs!  This is weird, but the best way to communicate!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you are doing okay and not having severe symptoms. My sense of smell isn't the best anyway, but I would hate to not taste any food! Hang in there. You've almost gotten through a week, right?

8 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My sense of smell isn't the best anyway

This can’t be....my wife has a super sense of smell and her hearing is legendary.  Her sense of taste is suspect as, after she smells some things, she asks me to taste it to see if it’s alright. I was under the impression all women were like this.

On 6/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, doc4aday said:

Thank you so much!  I am doing ok for the most. The biggest issue is lack of smell.  This messes with the taste of food! My weight is only down by 3 pounds of which is not bad.  I am glad I am not in the shape as some people in North Carolina. We are having a big rise in cases of covid 19 in North Carolina. Counting down the days when this isolation will end. I am skyping with my wife who is upstairs!  This is weird, but the best way to communicate!

Doc, glad to hear that it's been tolerable for you but I can imagine the isolation has gotten old. Praying for you and that your wife remains well. I just read this article and thought if share it. It's says that certain blood types may be more susceptible than others to COVID 19. Type O would be the least susceptible and I fall in that category. Would be very interesting if there is anything to this.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/certain-blood-type-limit-risk-covid-19-other-may-hurt-study-suggests

On 6/16/2020 at 10:50 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

You've almost gotten through a week, right?

I believe he's on day 9 or 10.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:28 PM, Tigerbelle said:

Hey doc....hope you're still winning the COVID 19 battle. Thinking of you!

hanging in there fairly well. Some days are better than others, but I think the worst is over hopefully.  Just wish my sense of smell would get better!  Thanks for thinking about me for sure!

On 6/18/2020 at 9:31 AM, ellitor said:

I believe he's on day 9 or 10.

Getting close, no fever, no cough, just a bit tired and still having some issues with smell but that is better as well.  Getting a little tired of smoothies though!

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Hope you get better soon Doc. Hang in there. Prayers for you. 

feeling better and counting down the final days. My MD wants me to be symptom free as possible before I face the world again! (lol)

On 6/16/2020 at 11:50 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Glad to hear you are doing okay and not having severe symptoms. My sense of smell isn't the best anyway, but I would hate to not taste any food! Hang in there. You've almost gotten through a week, right?

getting close to the end thank the Lord!

Prayers up Doc. Hang in there Brother. 

15 hours ago, WarTim said:

Prayers up Doc. Hang in there Brother. 

If all goes well, Friday will be the final day of isolation.Went beyond the 14 days though of which I am not complaining about. Will wear a mask for the long term though when I go out in public. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts my friend!  I ate a bowl of frosted flakes this morning and could actually taste it and smell it of which has been gone for a good while. All in all, I think my case has been mild and one manageable compared to many of the poor souls who have dealt with this dreaded virus.  Ready to focus on Auburn football and put this dreaded virus behind me!

Gosh I'm so relieved to hear that you're better! You are one tough cookie!  Moving on from smoothies to Frosted Flakes is significant progress!

Having a Marie Calendar chicken pie tonight!  I am looking forward to eating some solid food. I think it will go down just fine!  North Carolina had over 2000 cases of Covid 19 today of which is the highest it has been so far.

Florida has had a significant surge in new cases.....

Come on down to the beach and get COVID 19 while you are here. 

What kind of madness is it to open beaches during a pandemic, and allow tourists to swarm in? No one has been wearing masks or taking precautions while vacationing.  The locals act like nothing's going on....birthday parties, restaurant and bar outings.....grocery store runs with kids in tow and not a mask in sight. 

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

What kind of madness is it to open beaches during a pandemic, and allow tourists to swarm in? No one has been wearing masks or taking precautions while vacationing.  The locals act like nothing's going on....birthday parties, restaurant and bar outings.....grocery store runs with kids in tow and not a mask in sight. 

We are currently in the Keys. Monroe County is requiring masks for all public places and most everyone is adhering to that rule. They are super strict down here, because they don't have adequate hospital beds for a big influx of cases. They have opened the Keys back up, but I would not be surprised if they shut them back down for non-owners again. A couple of days of spiking illness here. Nationally, I wonder if it could be related to people not being cautious while protesting.

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I wish no one to contract this horrible disease, and the lack of concern and cavalier mindset will cause some serious and possibly very deadly outcomes.  If I could tell those folks what they are up against, they might think twice about their reckless behavior even if mine was a milder case. Then again, 125,000 plus deaths are not enough to get their attention. Just say a prayer that they will learn before it is too late for some of them.

5 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

We are currently in the Keys. Monroe County is requiring masks for all public places and most everyone is adhering to that rule. They are super strict down here, because they don't have adequate hospital beds for a big influx of cases. They have opened the Keys back up, but I would not be surprised if they shut them back down for non-owners again. A couple of days of spiking illness here. Nationally, I wonder if it could be related to people not being cautious while protesting.

sounds like they are on the right track of which is a good thing for sure.

16 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Most cities that have researched it are showing that it's not the protests, as protesters have largely been wearing masks and, while the protests represent large individual congregations of people, they are still isolated events held outdoors. Weeks of people all over a city/region crowding indoor spaces such as restaurants and retail stores is much more dangerous and has been the cause of most of the spread. 

Archived