Mike Gundey

JoeinPF

Here are my thoughts: John Oliver is a funny chap. His politics are wack and I think he strawmans a bit much, but he's good for a few laughs. I thought he had some valid criticisms and some biased.

OAN, outside of the two shows they have, is pretty much a revolving loop of the same 1 hr of plain, vanilla news. Sure, the two hosts they have may be hacks but so what? That's the case with most news networks nowadays.

I'm also willing to bet that the players who are outraged are only so because they've been told so. Just like John Oliver's first point: the Capybara may seem pleasant, but if Pres. Trump likes it, then it's clearly evil and/or racist (evidence notwithstanding).

Lastly, Mike Gundy wearing a branded t-shirt proves nothing. Even if OAN broadcasted nothing but fake news and conspiracy, many things could be true: He could be woefully ignorant of the network's position, he could be wearing it ironically, he may believe every word they say and be a closeted bigot. Regardless, Chuba Hubbard's reaction and outrage is just wack.

I respect his right to voice concern and I've speculation that perhaps there are some preexisting issues with this being the tipping point... But if I'm taking it at face value, it sounds to me that Chuba is willing to risk a potential Heisman season over political disagreement (which may or may not even be accurately assessed). That's certainly his right, but I reserve my right to think that's dumb.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:09 PM, McLoofus said:

Who is "they"? I haven't heard any of that. I've only heard him criticized for wearing a shirt for an alt-right propaganda outlet. Not only does he evidently watch that crap, but he owns and wears OAN merch?? Who does that?? I'm not sure I've seen many people at all wearing Fox or CNN merch. Not only does that indicate a predilection for fanatical political views, but it indicates a fanatical predilection for fanatical political views. 

i agree. as an aside if au fam came out with a really cool t celebrating the site i would probably buy one. i just wonder if they would actually sell me one so i can rep the site...........lol

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i agree. as an aside if au fam came out with a really cool t celebrating the site i would probably buy one. i just wonder if they would actually sell me one so i can rep the site...........lol

There was an Auburn Eagle t-shirt back in the day, I used to wear it proudly.  "Where it's free to be a fan"

On 6/16/2020 at 12:04 PM, JoeinPF said:

If memory serves me right a few years ago there was a lot of interest in bringing him to Auburn. Sometimes the best hires are hires that you don’t make.

Chuba-Hubbard-threatens-boycott-media-athletes-reaction-Oklahoma-State-Football-running-back-Mike-Gundy-OAN-T-shirt-protest-racial-injustice-148197962.htmlUnavailable

Only Joe Dirt can pull off the mullet.  ❤️  Stylistically, Gundy might have fit well at... :zapbama:

On 6/18/2020 at 6:40 PM, aubiefifty said:

nope

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

nope

that is the very reason no one likes you golfster............lol. but i cannot blame you. grins

Archived