6 members have voted

1. 1. Rep Primary

• Sessions
    • Tuberville
  2. 2. General

• Sessions
    • Tuberville
    • Jones

I don't know.  I think Jones is an alright guy, but I disagree with him on various policy positions.  Tuberville has been extremely disappointing and I didn't necessarily have high expectations for him to begin with as a former coach going into politics for the first time.  Sessions is stuck in the 1960s somewhere.

So tired of s***ty options.

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't know.  I think Jones is an alright guy, but I disagree with him on various policy positions.  Tuberville has been extremely disappointing and I didn't necessarily have high expectations for him to begin with as a former coach going into politics for the first time.  Sessions is stuck in the 1960s somewhere.

They will continue as long as you maintain your current residence.

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I like Doug just fine. 

But he's about to get his ass kicked in the general by whichever yahoo wins the runoff. 

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I like Doug just fine. 

But he's about to get his ass kicked in the general by whichever yahoo wins the runoff. 

Pretty much.  

Given that, you'd prefer Sessions over Tubs?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Pretty much.  

Given that, you'd prefer Sessions over Tubs?

Absolutely. I generally despise career politicians, but Tubs' is so damned over the top. 

17 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Absolutely. I generally despise career politicians, but Tubs' is so damned over the top. 

He’s more of embarrassment than his last Iron Bowl.

Sessions and Tuberville are everything wrong with politics. Tubs doesn’t have a plan or a platform. He just sticks his head in trumps ass. Sessions doesn’t have an ounce of self pride. I can’t imagine how a person can be so dickless in bending over and taking abuse he does. Jones has everything we need in his integrity but mostly the willingness to work across party lines. Partisan politics are ruining our country. I don’t agree with all of Jones policy positions. He is by far the best we have got. 

sessions continues to want to keep marijuana in the same class with heroin. i almost like him because trump does not.......

On 6/17/2020 at 7:29 AM, alexava said:

Sessions and Tuberville are everything wrong with politics. Tubs doesn’t have a plan or a platform. He just sticks his head in trumps ass. Sessions doesn’t have an ounce of self pride. I can’t imagine how a person can be so dickless in bending over and taking abuse he does. Jones has everything we need in his integrity but mostly the willingness to work across party lines. Partisan politics are ruining our country. I don’t agree with all of Jones policy positions. He is by far the best we have got. 

Thank you for saying it out loud...I totally agree with you. The Republican Primary has been basically "Who can kiss Trump's Ass more?"

Thanks everyone. I think almost the entire board said it just like I see it. 

Sessions: Career Pol, time has passed.
Tuberville: Empty suit running on MAGA Doctrine...that may win him a Senate seat in Alabama, unfortunately,
Doug Jones: A good and honorable man that I do not agree with 100%, but he is the best man for the Senate. 

So I sent him some of my own $$$...

11 hours ago, BobLouder said:

Jones leading the poll.  LOL

Sorry, Moore is not running.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows how behind the 8 ball our incumbent Senator is.

A lot had to happen for him to win the special election. A uniquely bad candidate like Roy Moore depressed turnout among Republicans. Not to discount what Doug did, because he campaigned his ass off to get his constituency to the polls, but he won't have the benefit of low turnout in an election year. The Rs will turn out. 

And while Sessions and Tubs are bad candidates,  they aren't "Roy Moore" bad. 

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

And while Sessions and Tubs are bad candidates,  they aren't "Roy Moore" bad. 

I wouldn't say Sessions and Tubs are bad candidates.  Sessions is not a bad candidate.  I'd agree with him a lot of the time.  Tubs on other hand, is not a good candidate for sure.  I'd love to have seen them debate to show how little Tubs knows.  He is riding the Trump train.  If Trump wins a 2nd term, he will have no loyalty to the Always Trumpers (tm).  ... He'll be all over negotiating with the DEMs and run the national debt up even higher.  I'd rather Sessions win as I think he would only stay for one more term.  Tubs says he is for term limits, but I doubt he has said how many terms that is.  He could be there 18 years if he wins. 

Lost in all this, I've got a feeling Doug Jones knows he isn't going to win. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's Biden’s first AG. 

Archived