repubs or righties i got a question?

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Was that "serious and intellectual enough" to comport with your post?

You wasted a lot of blue font to remind us that you detest Fox, Limbaugh, and Trump. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You wasted a lot of blue font to remind us that you detest Fox, Limbaugh, and Trump. 

I was hoping @AUsince72 would actually respond, but @homersapien threw in some barbs at another post and now the show has stalled. 

1 hour ago, BobLouder said:

You sound like  a Conservative to me.  :)

I agree.  But not a "Trump conservative", which is not a true conservative at all.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

He was asking for an "honest intellectual discussion" - which presumably -  precludes cheap personal insults and unfounded opinion as arguments.

So, where exactly did I "waste a lot of blue font" in my attempt in trying to respond to that?

If you want to jump in, then do so.  Sniping is self degrading. 

8 hours ago, BobLouder said:

You sound like  a Conservative to me.  :)

not when i get on trump as he disgusts me. but he does the same for other conservatives as well. welcome to aufam. try to not pay too much attention to the political boards as we fight hard but at the end of the day we tend to have some love left for everybody.

i had hoped this would be a love and laughter page but so much for that thinking. i wanted to know what people really thought. beside the fact i hear crap about evil libs destroying the country i was curious. but here is the thing. i never see any of you on the right call out trump for anything. anything. his mouth, caging babies, his gas lighting racism. when good people get behind a man who is nothing more than a turd i honestly have to wonder what you guys think. for four years i have heard he is joking about hit and hit him again. i will get upi out of jail. babies in cages. making fun of handicaps. making fun of dying vets who were pow's while he refused his country. jesus he gassed a peaceful and lawful protest for a photo op with a bible. he is a know liar that cheats on his wife. i can go on and on. my point is he is not normal and is a turd but you guys take up for him every single day. you want to claim fake news but we all know his mouth is his biggest problem. so it is a fair and legit question to me as to how conservatives really feel about libs when many of you are pretty much dishonest about trumps actions and his mouth. you folks that voted for him and you own him. yes he got the economy going, he sent a nice stem check, and he got a lot of non violent stoners out of prison. so again, yes i question peoples motives. how can a nice person like this take up for such a turd? that same ol answer i always hear. those evil libs........

8 hours ago, savorytiger said:

I was hoping @AUsince72 would actually respond, but @homersapien threw in some barbs at another post and now the show has stalled. 

I actually did partially.  Then I needed to spend time with my family.  Came back, didn't like my own reply and deleted it.  I was going to redo it but saw homer decided to just post more garbage so I have indeed realized it is truly not worth the time to actually discuss.  There's something he & I agree on.

He can be king of this trash heap, Hurrah.  I'm so happy for him.

So, here's my parting shot and I'm out of the politics board for good.

I stand by my beliefs & my posts.  People like him and a few others, I'll be kind and not call out personally, constantly demonize conservatives & Christians on a daily basis.  This is obviously not limited to the Auburn politics board but has migrated to the football board and of course, social media, TV, the internet and especially real life.  But it's a constant barrage of how all the ills of the world are caused by conservatives and if only liberals ran the world it would be a perfect utopia, blah blah blah.

Even other posters who I thought might be conservative are either kneeling before the leftists or apologizing for what color they were born or stammering and back tracking their posts.  This is not just an AUFamily problem, it's a United States problem.  The 1st Amendment under attack.

So the point of my posting was to demonstrate that no, righties are not to blame for all the world's problems.  And I correctly pointed out the left's culpability as well.  Homer and a few others can't handle the truth so he uses "paradoxical" & "hyperbole". 

No....simply facts & truth and the evidence is free to find all over the internet.  And no, it's not from opinion pieces by Variety, Vox, Teen Vogue like homers info comes from.  Heck, just search youtube (a pretty left of center outfit) and you can still find plenty of raw videos of Antifa in action.  Facebook (again mostly left in thought) hasn't completely censored the myriad people of all colors telling their stories of being pounded into submission by the left.  Google and search for what honest news there still is and there's plenty of stories of Christian bakers forced out of business for standing up for their supposedly protected rights or churches getting leases cancelled because the pastor liked a tweet. ...LIKED A TWEET. 

The 1st Amendment is decaying before our eyes because of Leftist Mob Rule and shrinking conservatives who bash Trump (in this very forum) to score Friend Points and hoping they won't be talked bad about by homer and his ilk.  So, you're going to vote for Biden's VP running mate, who's being pressured by the party to be an uber leftist, instead?  Even Biden admits he won't be president long....  You seriously want to put our fate into the hands of George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, the squad?  Because you don't like Trump's tweets?

I don't need to point out the ills of the right.  He and others do that aplenty.

Again, if you read my posts and don't ignore 75% of what I say like homer and his friends do, you'll see it's simply a guy tired of watching conservatives & Christians (and heck, even white men in general now) constantly bashed and pointing out the other side ain't pure as driven snow either.  And yes...in 2020 the extreme left is far far worse.  And no, my feelings aren't hurt and I'm not a victim.  Those apologizing for who they were born to and apologizing for the color of their own skin and not standing up to point at character and what's in their heart instead....they are the victims.  Sad.

I'm out.

God bless!

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

So, where exactly did I "waste a lot of blue font" in my attempt in trying to respond to that?

Sorry for "sniping" and will reread when I get the chance. My thoughts after initially reading is that you offered nothing more than Limbaugh is a hater, Fox is bad, everything is Trumps fault. You did a lot  of typing when you could have summarized with one sentence.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

not when i get on trump as he disgusts me. but he does the same for other conservatives as well. welcome to aufam. try to not pay too much attention to the political boards as we fight hard but at the end of the day we tend to have some love left for everybody.

True. I love everyone, here, but I might not like 1-2 and it is only 1-2. Some of the folks I argue with the most, have taught me the most since 2001. Tex and I might not talk like we like each other, but I owe him a steak or two along the ways. I was the insufferable Rushie back in the day, I am no more. Rob blew me up in one post and I honestly went back and looked at the real data and he was correct and the crap I had heard from the Right had been wrong. I can and have changed. Some on here, have changed, sometimes for the worse however. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I actually did partially.  Then I needed to spend time with my family.  Came back, didn't like my own reply and deleted it.  I was going to redo it but saw homer decided to just post more garbage so I have indeed realized it is truly not worth the time to actually discuss.  There's something he & I agree on.

I stand by my beliefs & my posts.  People like him and a few others, I'll be kind and not call out personally, constantly demonize conservatives & Christians on a daily basis.  This is obviously not limited to the Auburn politics board but has migrated to the football board and of course, social media, TV, the internet and especially real life.  But it's a constant barrage of how all the ills of the world are caused by conservatives and if only liberals ran the world it would be a perfect utopia, blah blah blah.

Even other posters who I thought might be conservative are either kneeling before the leftists or apologizing for what color they were born or stammering and back tracking their posts.  This is not just an AUFamily problem, it's a United States problem.  The 1st Amendment under attack.

So the point of my posting was to demonstrate that no, righties are not to blame for all the world's problems.  And I correctly pointed out the left's culpability as well.  Homer and a few others can't handle the truth so he uses "paradoxical" & "hyperbole". 

No....simply facts & truth and the evidence is free to find all over the internet.  And no, it's not from opinion pieces by Variety, Vox, Teen Vogue like homers info comes from.  Heck, just search youtube (a pretty left of center outfit) and you can still find plenty of raw videos of Antifa in action.  Facebook (again mostly left in thought) hasn't completely censored the myriad people of all colors telling their stories of being pounded into submission by the left.  Google and search for what honest news there still is and there's plenty of stories of Christian bakers forced out of business for standing up for their supposedly protected rights or churches getting leases cancelled because the pastor liked a tweet. ...LIKED A TWEET. 

The 1st Amendment is decaying before our eyes because of Leftist Mob Rule and shrinking conservatives who bash Trump (in this very forum) to score Friend Points and hoping they won't be talked bad about by homer and his ilk.  So, you're going to vote for Biden's VP running mate, who's being pressured by the party to be an uber leftist, instead?  Even Biden admits he won't be president long....  You seriously want to put our fate into the hands of George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, the squad?  Because you don't like Trump's tweets?

I don't need to point out the ills of the right.  He and others do that aplenty.

Again, if you read my posts and don't ignore 75% of what I say like homer and his friends do, you'll see it's simply a guy tired of watching conservatives & Christians (and heck, even white men in general now) constantly bashed and pointing out the other side ain't pure as driven snow either.  And yes...in 2020 the extreme left is far far worse.  And no, my feelings aren't hurt and I'm not a victim.  Those apologizing for who they were born to and apologizing for the color of their own skin and not standing up to point at character and what's in their heart instead....they are the victims.  Sad.

I'm out.

God bless!

Wow, did we just see a rational, stable, voice "Cancel Cultured" out of here? The adults in the room will see it as sad. The Shrieking Howler Monkeys, they will of course tap dance. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

True. I love everyone, here, but I might not like 1-2 and it is only 1-2. Some of the folks I argue with the most, have taught me the most since 2001. Tex and I might not talk like we like each other, but I owe him a steak or two along the ways. I was the insufferable Rushie back in the day, I am no more. Rob blew me up in one post and I honestly went back and looked at the real data and he was correct and the crap I had heard from the Right had been wrong. I can and have changed. Some on here, have changed, sometimes for the worse however. 

i am an old hippie and my motto is love is the higher law. sometimes i fail. but i am so blunt in my typing sometimes i am not mad when people think i am. i will take a free steak if you are cloes brother...........lolol

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Wow, did we just see a rational, stable, voice "Cancel Cultured" out of here? The adults in the room will see it as sad. The Shrieking Howler Monkeys, they will of course tap dance. 

I haven’t been on for a day and was catching up.  This is the same thought I had.  If you’re picking a fight with @AU72 you just like to disagree with air.  

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I haven’t been on for a day and was catching up.  This is the same thought I had.  If you’re picking a fight with @AU72 you just like to disagree with air.  

Cannot love this enough. 

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sorry for "sniping" and will reread when I get the chance. My thoughts after initially reading is that you offered nothing more than Limbaugh is a hater, Fox is bad, everything is Trumps fault. You did a lot  of typing when you could have summarized with one sentence.

No, 72 wanted me to discuss his entire OP in a "serious and intellectual way".  One sentence wouldn't do.

I asked him to pick a single subject to discuss and he insulted me for not taking his entire OP post seriously enough to discuss.  So, I did exactly as he wanted and refuted that post point-by-point which required a lot of sentences.

And Fifty's OP asked about the left being constantly demonized by the right.  Limbaugh - with his large audience - is a perfect example of this. (As well as 72's posts in this thread. :rolleyes:)  Fox is another good example with even a larger audience. 

Regarding Trump being at "fault",  if you really cannot see that Trump is throwing gas on the fire for personal benefit, I don't know what to say.  He didn't create the current polarization of the country but he damn sure is trying to foment and profit from it.

And speaking of "antifa":

Leaked document makes Trump campaign’s use of Nazi-era symbol look worse

President Trump’s campaign is under fire for employing a symbol once used by Nazis in a new batch of Facebook ads — a red inverted triangle that appeared alongside a warning about the dire threat posed by “antifa,” a loose motley group allied against neo-fascist activity.

An internal Department of Homeland Security document — which I obtained from a congressional source — makes the Trump campaign’s use of this symbol, and its justification for it, look a whole lot worse, by undercutting the claim that antifa represents any kind of threat in the first place.

After Facebook removed the ads amid an outcry, the Trump campaign continued to defend use of the image — which was used by Nazis to identify political prisoners — by claiming it’s a “common Antifa symbol.”

The suggestion, of course, is that the image is justified by the idea that it’s associated with antifa, so it’s merely a warning of a continuing menace to the country. “STOP ANTIFA,” the ads say, warning of “dangerous MOBS of far-left groups” that are “DESTROYING our cities.”

Meanwhile, Trump and his top officials have continued to blame unrest and violence at protests on antifa, to cast the violence more broadly as primarily left-wing in orientation.

But the DHS document I obtained undercuts this series of claims.

The document — which is an assessment of ongoing “protest-related” threats to law enforcement dated June 17 — makes no mention at all of antifa in its cataloging of those threats.

The DHS document states that “anarchist and anti-government extremists pose the most significant threat of targeted low-level, protest-related assaults against law enforcement.”

It bases this assessment on “the observed ideologies of recent attackers and the body of reporting of tactics noted by violent opportunists used over the last two weeks.”

Thus, as of this week, “anarchist and anti-government extremists” pose the most serious ongoing threat, according to Trump’s own Homeland Security department.

The document defines “anarchist extremists” as:

groups or individuals who facilitate or engage in acts of unlawful violence as a means of changing the government and society in support of the belief that all forms of capitalism and corporate globalization should be opposed and that governing institutions are unnecessary and harmful to society.

Not only does this document not name antifa, this description of generic “anarchist extremists” does not remotely describe what we’ve come to understand “antifa” to be. While there might be some loose and occasional overlap between antifa and anarchists, antifa isn’t even a group, and adherents are characterized by specific resistance to perceived neo-fascist movements, which is wholly different from this definition of what motivates anarchist extremists.

Meanwhile, the DHS document defines “anti-government extremists” as motivated by "their belief that their liberties are being taken away by the perceived unconstitutional or otherwise illegitimate actions of government officials or law enforcement.”

Obviously, that’s not antifa, either.

“This document shows that the government itself does not view antifa as a significant threat in the homeland,” Juliette Kayyem, a former DHS official who reviewed the document at my request, told me.

“The document shows how absurd the Trump campaign’s justification for using the symbol really is,” Kayyem added. “It undercuts their defense.”

The Anti-Defamation League has harshly criticized the Trump campaign for employing a symbol that “is practically identical to that used by the Nazi regime to classify political prisoners in concentration camps.”

Kayyem said the document is a bulletin customarily sent by DHS to “state and local law enforcement” to alert them as to “what they should be looking out for in terms of threats.”

The document also notes that “overall protest-related violence" has been "decreasing significantly during the last week,” which also undermines continued Trump fearmongering.

The document does assess that there may be “heightened” threats to law enforcement in coming days in the form of “exploitation of otherwise lawful protests” by “violent opportunists," and cites “white supremacist” and “black supremacist” extremists.

Notably, the continuing threat to law enforcement has been thrust to the forefront by the charging of Steven Carrillo for the alleged killing of one security officer and the wounding of another. Carrillo is an alleged adherent of the “boogaloo boys,” an extremist movement trying to exploit protests to incite race war.

The DHS document actually does cite the “Boogaloo movement” as a threat in this context. It notes that Carrillo is likely associated with it, defining it as “a term used by some violent extremists from a variety of movements who seek to incite a race war or the collapse of society.”

And yet, according to CNN reporter Marshall Cohen, Trump has yet to mention this as a threat, even though, as Craig Timberg demonstrates, it’s increasingly obvious this threat is becoming a serious one.

At the same time, the Trump campaign continues to cite antifa as a threat — and is using this to justify its use of that symbol in ads — even though an assessment from Trump’s own government doesn’t cast antifa as such.

Similarly, another leaked intelligence document earlier this month assessed the greatest threat as coming from “lone offenders with racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist ideologies,” not from antifa.

The new DHS document shows that the non-assessment of the threat of antifa hasn’t changed — even as the claims about antifa continue.

The broader story here, as Isaac Stanley-Becker details, is that the continued fearmongering about antifa by Trump and many top officials seems designed to distort the true nature of these multiracial, largely peaceful and broadly representative national protests in a very fundamental way.

There’s another pernicious angle here, too. As another former DHS official noted, this document cites the possibility of more attacks on law enforcement — but concerted distortions of what’s driving that threat are themselves destructive to efforts to combat them.

“Attributing the risk to one group (or mischaracterizing its structure) is dangerous, because it misses the holistic nature of the problem, excludes those that do present a danger and ultimately, puts law enforcement at increased risk,” this official told me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/19/leaked-document-makes-trumps-use-nazi-era-symbol-look-worse/

All you MAGAs who keep talking about Antifa are just being gullible to suck up antifa threat hype coming from Trump. 

Trump is clearly using antifa as propaganda in an attempt to falsely align looters and anarchists with the legitimate protest movement, when the protestors clearly oppose the violence as counterproductive.  It's just another way Trump is trying to pit groups against each other and foment violence for personal political gain.

Likewise, don't be surprised to see trouble at the Tulsa rally. Trump has carefully set the stage:

On Friday, Trump tweeted to protesters and "lowlifes" ahead of his Saturday rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, promising "a much different scene" to other hotspots of protest like New York, Seattle or Minneapolis. 

"Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!" he wrote. 

Tulsa's mayor, GT Bynum, imposed a curfew around the venue on Thursday, citing recent "civil unrest." The city's curfew was lifted on Friday afternoon.

The mayor said in a statement on Friday: "Last night, I enacted a curfew at the request of Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin, following consultation with the United States Secret Service based on intelligence they had received. Today, we were told the curfew is no longer necessary so I am rescinding it."

"Enjoy yourselves - thank you to Mayor Bynum!" Trump wrote on Twitter, adding the mayor informed him of the change in plans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-promises-wild-evening-tulsa-after-masks-are-made-optional-2020-6

7 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I wanted to demonstrate a serious intellectual discussion on a given topic was possible but you ridiculed me for asking you for a topic.  You accused me of ignoring your OP - which was actually a series of rambling complaints and accusations - by trying to narrow our discussion down to a single issue.

So I gave you what you wanted.  I responded to every single point you made. 

I am sorry you consider it "garbage" but to be honest, that's pretty much the way I feel about your OP.

What BS.

And you are the one complaining about the First Amendment under fire:rolleyes:.  It's perfectly fine for you to spout crap in trying to characterize liberals, but how dare I criticize conservatives - 90+ percent of whom are unabashedly Trump supporters.  What hypocrisy.  :no:

And I stand by my beliefs - and posts - also.

Please show me where I said "righties are to blame for all the worlds problems".  Nor have I ever said the left is not culpable for anything bad. You are simply making stuff up and criticizing me for doing exactly what you are doing.

And I stand by my use of "paradoxical" and "hyperbole".  Both were valid terms in the context used.  I thought you wanted an "intellectual" conversation.  Maybe you're not up to it.

Oh the horror!  A pastor likes a tweet from a right winger on the internet and he gets some negative feedback.  Who possibly would have imagined! :-\

The 1st Amendment is decaying before our eyes because of Leftist Mob Rule and shrinking conservatives who bash Trump (in this very forum) to score Friend Points and hoping they won't be talked bad about by homer and his ilk

Yeah, I rule this place with an iron fist!  :laugh:

So, you're going to vote for Biden's VP running mate, who's being pressured by the party to be an uber leftist, instead?  Even Biden admits he won't be president long....  You seriously want to put our fate into the hands of George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, the squad?  Because you don't like Trump's tweets?

Good grief.  Yeah if only Trump didn't tweet, he'd be perfectly qualified. :rolleyes:

And really, George Soros?  Trump solicits help from foreign despots and gets funding from Russia and you're concerned about George Soros?! 

And even though you charged me with failing to do so, I don't need to point out the ills of the left.  You and others do that plenty.  Or do we operate under different standards?

Again, if you read my posts and don't ignore 75% of what I say like homer and his friends do, you'll see it's simply a guy tired of watching conservatives & Christians (and heck, even white men in general now) constantly bashed and pointing out the other side ain't pure as driven snow either.  And yes...in 2020 the extreme left is far far worse.  And no, my feelings aren't hurt and I'm not a victim. 

Those apologizing for who they were born to and apologizing for the color of their own skin and not standing up to point at character and what's in their heart instead....they are the victims.  Sad.

I love it when white people play the victim card.  That's (ironically) sad.  (And it doesn't really help to say you aren't playing it, afterwords.)

And obviously, I don't "ignore 75% of your posts", hell I responded to most of it, just like you wanted.  (And I got grief for that.)

You think I am being unfair or unreasonable.  I am simply responding in kind for the discussion you started.

If anything, I have simply mirrored your own rhetoric, only from a liberal perspective.

17 hours ago, savorytiger said:

WTF is that supposed to mean? 

Got an example of a "barb"?  I'd like to know what you are referring to. 

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Sorry, just...no.  72 talked a good talk about wanting discourse and compromise. Then suggests everything he posted was fact (how can you even begin a discussion with someone you disagree with when all their opinions are "fact"), and that anyone on the right who says anything bad about Trump is out of fear of the Left. He complains about no one taking the first step and actually see the negatives to his side and never does it himself. Plenty of others on this board (on both sides) have, but not him. It's just virtue signaling.

Heck, I'll even go: a lot of the issues we're seeing with violent police culture can be directly attributed to actions and legislation passed by the left. I've seen videos where Biden and Clinton play up the "tough on crime" moniker to win political points.  Of course, you can find instances where both sides are to blame there, which is how an issue can become "systemic". Trump's executive order may have not covered everything I would like, but it's a step in the right direction. It looks like addressing qualified immunity is going to be the big point of disagreement. 

Also how in the world is this "cancel culture"? Where is the "mob" that's trying to shut him up? So far the "mob" is predominantly on his side. He bowed out on his own accord. One person disagreeing with you and being a bit snippy isn't getting cancelled.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

WTF is that supposed to mean? 

Got an example of a "barb"?  I'd like to know what you are referring to. 

I mean, I'm on your side of most of the issues. I know (or try to know) when I type something to poke at the person, and I'm sure you do too :P.

"So, maybe there's hope for you" for example...

19 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

I mean, I'm on your side of most of the issues. I know (or try to know) when I type something to poke at the person, and I'm sure you do too :P.

"So, maybe there's hope for you" for example...

That's fair.  For what it's worth, I consider such a "barb" - or "poke" - acceptable in any debate as an expression of rhetorical wit. (Can't take all the fun out. ;D)

But unqualified, personal insults?  Not so much.

Not that I haven't dealt out the latter in the past on this forum - especially in retaliation- but I am making a sincere effort to improve on that count, mainly by ignoring the posters who can't seem to avoid the practice. 

It's the "wrestling with pigs" theory. ;)

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am an old hippie and my motto is love is the higher law. sometimes i fail. but i am so blunt in my typing sometimes i am not mad when people think i am. i will take a free steak if you are cloes brother...........lolol

Are you in N Al the next two weeks?

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's the "wrestling with pigs" theory. ;)

I could do 45 minutes on that one line, but I will take the high road and move on...

So much low hanging fruit....

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

And Fifty's OP asked about the left being constantly demonized by the right.  Limbaugh - with his large audience - is a perfect example of this. (As well as 72's posts in this thread. :rolleyes:)  Fox is another good example with even a larger audience. 

Regarding Trump being at "fault",  if you really cannot see that Trump is throwing gas on the fire for personal benefit, I don't know what to say.  He didn't create the current polarization of the country but he damn sure is trying to foment and profit from it.

Understand. Doubt that Fiddy intended to get into the media business. Think his OP was geared toward the individual. Glad you understand that Trump did not create the "current polarization".   

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Are you in N Al the next two weeks?

no sir. gadsden is about as far north as i go. i bet a million cats would love to just see what my crazy azz looks like...........lol. the fact you did not say hell no means a lot tho dkw

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

no sir. gadsden is about as far north as i go. i bet a million cats would love to just see what my crazy azz looks like...........lol. the fact you did not say hell no means a lot tho dkw

I think we could all use some time in a small group situation, a few beers etc. I know this is maybe not the best time but maybe just before the season or after??

Archived