WarTampa Pro Team (Has many former AU players & boosters)

Maverick.AU

Thanks for sharing the article. Lot of fun to see those Kansas highlights again :) ! I would immediately become a huge Boston Celtics fan if they called up Brown for the playoff run. I certainly see the benefit having a guy that can get hot like he can from deep when you are in the playoffs. He has some stiff competition with guys like Waters and Tako also on the g-league team. I hope he gets a shot! One of my all time favorite AU bball players. Watching him and Harper work off each other was a thing of beauty 😍

13 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t understand why people rather see Brown be a 15th man and sit in a bubble with 1500 people than ACTUALLY play for WarTampa

look at both schedules, he can’t do both 

Man, because one thing would be fantastic for his career and the other would mean message board guys get to watch him play with former teammates. This is a no brainer IMO.

If you were in a band would you rather play a full set of songs you wrote in a bar or play the bongos for Carlos Santana's tour? This is how I'm viewing it

13 hours ago, Tiger said:

Man, because one thing would be fantastic for his career and the other would mean message board guys get to watch him play with former teammates. This is a no brainer IMO.

If you were in a band would you rather play a full set of songs you wrote in a bar or play the bongos for Carlos Santana's tour? This is how I'm viewing it

How is getting a, and I know this is going to SOUND bad but its some truth to it, crowdsourced, feel good story end of the bench spot, doing a single thing for his career???? If several thousands of people have to put pressure on a franchise to give a guy a spot, do you think it's really going to do ANYTHING for him long term? 

And this is entire "he deserves to be on Boston" thing is purely channeled by the same people that will be watching him on WarTampa, so pls don't make this appear as if a way larger audience is asking for it. If there was a poll tomorrow about which player from Maine deserved to get a spot, it'd probably be won by the most popular G-Leaguer from this season, Tacko Fall

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

How is getting a, and I know this is going to SOUND bad but its some truth to it, crowdsourced, feel good story end of the bench spot, doing a single thing for his career???? If several thousands of people have to put pressure on a franchise to give a guy a spot, do you think it's really going to do ANYTHING for him long term? 

I'd counter by asking how joining a crowd sourced, feel good story, rotational player role for a rec league on steroids does anything for a player trying to make an NBA roster when the alternative is literally being on an NBA playoff roster.

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And this is entire "he deserves to be on Boston" thing is purely channeled by the same people that will be watching him on WarTampa, so pls don't make this appear as if a way larger audience is asking for it. If there was a poll tomorrow about which player from Maine deserved to get a spot, it'd probably be won by the most popular G-Leaguer from this season, Tacko Fall

I don't get the "audience asking for it" angle. What does that have to do with anything? If a player has a choice between playing in TBT or being a paid member of an NBA playoff roster I feel like it's a no brainer regardless of what twitter is saying. JMO tho

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

I'd counter by asking how joining a crowd sourced, feel good story, rotational player role for a rec league on steroids does anything for a player trying to make an NBA roster when the alternative is literally being on an NBA playoff roster.

I don't get the "audience asking for it" angle. What does that have to do with anything? If a player has a choice between playing in TBT or being a paid member of an NBA playoff roster I feel like it's a no brainer regardless of what twitter is saying. JMO tho

He's the biggest name on WarTampa and getting him on there was worked through the other players, not crowdsourcing opinion. If he's a feel good story on that team, then just about every player on every team in that league is a feel good story. I feel like you just reached to try to flip that on me and it doesn't make any sense lol. Moving on, 

Joining WT was an option he had. They came to him, they needed and wanted him. Boston has shown no organic interest in wanting him on their regular season roster, much less trying to get him to acclimate him for a playoff run. From his POV, sure he should take that opportunity, my problem lies in:

A. It's not even remotely feasible from Boston's POV. 

B. The Auburn fans are going to gain more from seeing him play actual basketball....than not play. 

Like I said earlier, if Boston wants to drum up good will on the internet and from their fanbase by giving someone a spot, it's going to be the biggest name in the G-League (that also happens to be on Maine), not Bryce Brown. 

On 6/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He's the biggest name on WarTampa and getting him on there was worked through the other players, not crowdsourcing opinion. If he's a feel good story on that team, then just about every player on every team in that league is a feel good story. I feel like you just reached to try to flip that on me and it doesn't make any sense lol. Moving on, 

Joining WT was an option he had. They came to him, they needed and wanted him. Boston has shown no organic interest in wanting him on their regular season roster, much less trying to get him to acclimate him for a playoff run. From his POV, sure he should take that opportunity, my problem lies in:

A. It's not even remotely feasible from Boston's POV. 

B. The Auburn fans are going to gain more from seeing him play actual basketball....than not play. 

I'll admit I'm not 100% certain on how this came about. I'm just talking about TBT vs NBA and what it would mean for Bryce. Isn't TBT dependent on crowd sourcing though? Like they were taking donations to get the team to be able to practice together or something. I just don't see any world where joining TBT would be more beneficial than being on an NBA roster. And it really has nothing to do with twitter or fans. I'd actually argue the point of what the AU fans will get more out of is not even worth mentioning because it literally doesn't matter nor does/should it go into his decision making. It's not even worth entertaining that idea IMO. But for the sake of this post then I will concede that, yes, from an AU fan's perspective it would be fun to see him play

From what I understood, and I could be wrong or not have the most updated info, the NBA is thinking of expanding roster size to 17 or something for the end of this season. If that's the case I gotta think Bryce being on the Celtics roster would be better for him than being in TBT.

I agree him being on an expanded active roster would be more beneficial being the role player he would be ... sniper 3s.  Bryce doesn't need more exposure other than the G league team he's already on.  When you are a team struggling from 3, as the article states, the likelihood of getting some PT as a lethal 3 point shooter in the playoffs is worth it. If he goes on one of his hot streaks and proves himself, especially winning a playoff game, he could be looking at main roster next year full season. I know there's more to it than that, but what I'm saying is it could be his shot where he will need to make the most of it. Now he needs the chance.  I think he will do great. 

Hmm NBA vs highly competitive alumni ball. Hopefully this is easy decision for Bryce or we have bigger problems to discuss. 

• 2 weeks later...

Let's goooo!!!!!!!!! 

Desean Murray looks out of shape.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Desean Murray looks out of shape.

Has he been playing anywhere?

Paign’s length is killing Tampa. Can’t get a shot off or get open. Neither team has a PG so though so it looks like a really high level church league game at this point. Bruce has to score off the dribble because no one can get him the ball off a screen. 

Archived