NASCAR 'angry and outraged' after noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage, will launch immediate investigation

DKW 86

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

NASCAR needed the publicity

Jethro said naw. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, alexava said:

If anyone finds a noose((or a possibly offensive piece of twine) anywhere, please untie it. Or cut it down and put it in a trash bag and put trash on top of it. Don’t say a ******* word to anyone. It would save a ton of bullsheyt from every single aspect of society. Including the cost of 15 FBI agents. Jesus Christ. 

Alex I get the sarcasm and the point, however, if real and intended as racism it should be pointed out and discussed.  

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The Don Lemon interview....I dont think he saw it nor reported it. I think he just took it at face value. I do not think this is a Smollet situation at all. IMHO, just an over reaction by a crew member. If there was a conspiracy about it all, maybe NASCAR needed the publicity or needed the extra push to get rid of the flags.

The fact that you would even allow yourself to be interviewed by DLemon is suspect. I like Bubba. Disappointing.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Alex I get the sarcasm and the point, however, if real and intended as racism it should be pointed out and discussed.  

We seem to have a serious problem determining what (real and intended) is. Even though 15 FBI agents thoroughly explain it. There is a thirst for “Gotcha “ racism and the thirsty ones thrive on it. Even When it makes zero sense. So erring on the side of caution can save a lot of trouble and costs. 

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think the term *noose* is where the issue is, I don’t think it was a *noose*, but a loop in a rope that was labeled a *noose* and it went from there.  It was not a slip knot, which is what a *noose* is and that is not a functional knot for a garage pull down.

As @alexava posted, if you see something like that, just cut it down and go about your business.  End of story.  I think NASCAR saw an opportunity to slap back at all the Dixie Flags that were flown at the race track during the day.

Opportunist? Anyone need viewers? I know some real PR folks if you need them.

Obvious sarcasm for those with a brain, but this doesn't look good for them nor do I think it does them favors. Knee Jerks do not usually work. 

Racism needs to be called out. Nonsense should remain silent as Alex mentions. Investigate first, then report if warranted.

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

We seem to have a serious problem determining what (real and intended) is. Even though 15 FBI agents thoroughly explain it. There is a thirst for “Gotcha “ racism and the thirsty ones thrive on it. Even When it makes zero sense. So erring on the side of caution can save a lot of trouble and costs. 

The one thing I have been proud of that this seems to be all over the nation, not just in the deep south where they would love to find it.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interestingly enough, NASCAR has released a photo of the pull rope in Wallace’s garage.

image.jpeg

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/bubba-wallace-noose-photo-confirmed-fbi-talladega-062520

If they had released this photo on Tuesday it sure would have saved Wallace a lot of grieve.  The photos that were passed around earlier were not this detailed.  That’s what I get for jumping to conclusions.

I get it and I also get research which would have ended the controversy prior to its beginning. I feel bad for Bubba.

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interestingly enough, NASCAR has released a photo of the pull rope in Wallace’s garage.

image.jpeg

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/bubba-wallace-noose-photo-confirmed-fbi-talladega-062520

If they had released this photo on Tuesday it sure would have saved Wallace a lot of grieve.  The photos that were passed around earlier were not this detailed.  That’s what I get for jumping to conclusions.

It’s almost like dirty hillbilly, racist rednecks don’t go to NASCAR races. 🤷‍♂️

(Hint: they do) 

On 6/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, IronMan70 said:

A video of the garage area at Talladega. At about the 3 minute mark it begins to show the garage doors. Several of the doors have pull down ropes with loops on them of various configurations, one even has a huge loop (12 minute mark), some just have knots, some double knots and some have nothing. The video was made October 13th, 2017.

All dirty, racist, hillbilly rednecks. The pink gloves were the first clue. 

Archived