2021 3* CB Kamari Lassiter (UGA)

ellitor

23 offers including AU, Bama, Florida, FSU, UGA, LSU, OU, & Vols
AU communicates with him daily
Appears to be in the top 3 on AU's CB board

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With an offer list like that, he’s obviously not a 3 star. Even without camps I’m surprised he hasn’t got that 4th star yet

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

With an offer list like that, he’s obviously not a 3 star. Even without camps I’m surprised he hasn’t got that 4th star yet

Meh, there are a lot of 3 stars that have impressive offer lists. How many of those offers are commitable varies from prospect to prospect. I have to wonder if we would accept a commitment from him right now, with Kool-Aid and Nyland Green still on the board. Given that the yellow one likes him so much, I would guess that the answer is yes, and then if both of the other two want to come to Auburn you create an extra spot (presuming we're only planning to take 2 corners this cycle...E might be able to verify that).

But, honestly, as far as rankings go, he's already borderline 4 star. Last year 247Composite had 382 players rated 4 star or better at the end of the cycle. If he stays at 353, he'll probably gain a 4th star by the end of evaluations. 

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

(presuming we're only planning to take 2 corners this c

FWIW, I expect we'll sign 4-5 in the secondary this year.

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

there are a lot of 3 stars that have impressive offer lists. How many of those offers are commitable varies from prospect to prospect

It’s still a good indication of how much potential a recruit has when they have a lot of quality offers even if some are not commitable. The fact that quality teams want to at least have their foot in the door to potentially go after him says there’s something there.

have to wonder if we would accept a commitment from him right now, with Kool-Aid and Nyland Green still on the board

Given that we communicate with him every day it likely means he can commit if he wants to. Probably means that if we get Green and Kool-Aid then we take Lassiter as the nickel in the class.

But, honestly, as far as rankings go, he's already borderline 4 star. Last year 247Composite had 382 players rated 4 star or better at the end of the cycle. If he stays at 353, he'll probably gain a 4th star by the end of evaluations.

Not necessarily. To give you a more concrete indicator of how close he is to being a four-star though his composite score is .8891. To be a composite four-star a recruit has to be a .8900 or better so he basically needs a nine or 10 spot jump from any site and he’ll be a four-star.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, I expect we'll sign 4-5 in the secondary this year.

Two corners, a nickel, and two safeties.

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Meh, there are a lot of 3 stars that have impressive offer lists. How many of those offers are commitable varies from prospect to prospect. I have to wonder if we would accept a commitment from him right now, with Kool-Aid and Nyland Green still on the board. Given that the yellow one likes him so much, I would guess that the answer is yes, and then if both of the other two want to come to Auburn you create an extra spot (presuming we're only planning to take 2 corners this cycle...E might be able to verify that).

If we could I’m sure we’d take all 3 if they wanted to commit. We’re not just staying in communication with this guy just as a backup plan, if he wanted to commit we’d accept it

Peters and Barrett are for sure gone after this year, but we have a lot of potential early departures in the secondary as well. Last year's class was a very good class but we'll need to follow it up with another solid class this year to build our depth. There will be opportunity for early PT for the right prospect.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Peters and Barrett are for sure gone after this year, but we have a lot of potential early departures in the secondary as well. Last year's class was a very good class but we'll need to follow it up with another solid class this year to build our depth. There will be opportunity for early PT for the right prospect.

I know Dawson will start off on offense but do you look at him as potential depth for the secondary? 

I've said it before but I LOVE that Gus signs kids like that.

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I forget to mention this factoid also. Both Keith and Jeffrey Lee so we are going to likely take at least one juco corner in the class.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I forget to mention this factoid also. Both Keith and Jeffrey Lee so we are going to likely take at least one juco corner in the class.

Yeah that makes sense. What’s our depth looking like at CB? We seem thin there

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

What’s our depth looking like at CB?

McCreary, Pritchett, Domio, Simpson, and Barrett

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

McCreary, Pritchett, Domio, Simpson, and Barrett

Yeah we definitely need to some homeruns this cycle for CB’s

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I know Dawson will start off on offense but do you look at him as potential depth for the secondary? 

I've said it before but I LOVE that Gus signs kids like that.

Who?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who?

Tarvarish Dawson, current commit, listed as an athlete but I believe he is projected to start at wide receiver.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Tarvarish Dawson, current commit, listed as an athlete but I believe he is projected to start at wide receiver.

I'd have to watch his film again before answering 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd have to watch his film again before answering 

Okay but I don't really feel like waiting long soooo tick tock

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Either a surprise commitment or a top 3/5 if I had to guess. Probably the latter 

Keith said releasing top 6.

Archived