2021 3* CB Kamari Lassiter (UGA)

ellitor

Keith says UGA may have taken the lead for 3* CB Kamari Lassiter. Even though he is playing in Alabama he grew up in Georgia.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0004f9bd9da504c4-600x338.gif

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

0004f9bd9da504c4-600x338.gif

@GwillMac6 Stop falling asleep in class and those notes wouldn't have missing parts. I mean even Kevin Owens knows & he's a Canadian & probably doesn't even like American college football.I know you're a star ho but you should know who our top targets are even if they aren't 4 & 5 *s, especially one like in this case who's been a top target & take for months.

Oh yeah. Momentum has seemed to swing back in AU's favor again for Lassiter.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6 Stop falling asleep in class and those notes wouldn't have missing parts. I mean even Kevin Owens knows & he's a Canadian & probably doesn't even like American college football.I know you're a star ho but you should know who our top targets are even if they aren't 4 & 5 *s, especially one like in this case who's been a top target & take for months.

Oh yeah. Momentum has seemed to swing back in AU's favor again for Lassiter.

Recruits only get on my radar if they are 4 star or above. I let everyone else handle the day to day grind of 3 stars. Now if they get a bump at any point?!?! Now we grilling with propane!!! Woooo!!! LFG!!! #proudstarwhoresince2008

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Recruits only get on my radar if they are 4 star or above. I let everyone else handle the day to day grind of 3 stars. Now if they get a bump at any point?!?! Now we grilling with propane!!! Woooo!!! LFG!!! #proudstarwhoresince2008

That's not a good enough excuse when you have access to Keith's scoops & this cat needing less than a 10 spot bump from any site to be a 4*..

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's not a good enough excuse when you have access to Keith's scoops & this cat needing less than a 10 spot bump from any site to be a 4*..

Here's the thing about Keith. I don't actually like niehbur. I think he is a hokey, corny and kinda strange dude who just happens to be really damn good at his job. The 🐐 of AU fball crutin even. Even though he is significantly worse at his job I prefer J Lee. He seems like a lot more fun and cooler dude. Keith gives off nervous energy. He always tip toes around things and speaks in riddles and never really has that much positive news on our top TOP targets the last couple of months so that probably is where all my disdain is coming from. Even when he has "positive" news he delivers  said news so cautiously. What does that have to do with this recruit?! Absolutely nothing!!!! Lol. Just needed to get all of that off my chest somewhere!!! Hahaha.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here's the thing about Keith. I don't actually like niehbur. I think he is a hokey, corny and kinda strange dude who just happens to be really damn good at his job. The 🐐 of AU fball crutin even. Even though he is significantly worse at his job I prefer J Lee. He seems like a lot more fun and cooler dude. Keith gives off nervous energy. He always tip toes around things and speaks in riddles and never really has that much positive news on our top TOP targets the last couple of months so that probably is where all my disdain is coming from. Even when he has "positive" news he delivers  said news so cautiously. What does that have to do with this recruit?! Absolutely nothing!!!! Lol. Just needed to get all of that off my chest somewhere!!! Hahaha.

This may explain that:

Q: Is there a particular recruiting cycle in recent history that you’ve enjoyed covering the most?

On a similar note, do you enjoy it when a cycle is more of a rollercoaster and filled with drama, or do you prefer it to be more straight forward?

A: -Honestly, not really. It's a love-hate relationship I have with the job. I put so much pressure on myself to not let you all down that I'm constantly a nervous wreck. So by the end of the cycle each year I usually have some animosity over the stress I went thru. My Apple watch is constantly telling me to breathe more. But it can be a rush to get AUC subs intel before anyone else. I like that part best -- and getting to know some of the families.

-The less stress the better to be honest. But at the end of the day, they all have some drama -- it's not that big of a deal. The hard part sometimes is just trying to find you all intel. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it can be really hard. When you come up empty, you really feel like you've let everyone down.

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This may explain that:

Q: Is there a particular recruiting cycle in recent history that you’ve enjoyed covering the most?

On a similar note, do you enjoy it when a cycle is more of a rollercoaster and filled with drama, or do you prefer it to be more straight forward?

A: -Honestly, not really. It's a love-hate relationship I have with the job. I put so much pressure on myself to not let you all down that I'm constantly a nervous wreck. So by the end of the cycle each year I usually have some animosity over the stress I went thru. My Apple watch is constantly telling me to breathe more. But it can be a rush to get AUC subs intel before anyone else. I like that part best -- and getting to know some of the families.

-The less stress the better to be honest. But at the end of the day, they all have some drama -- it's not that big of a deal. The hard part sometimes is just trying to find you all intel. Sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it can be really hard. When you come up empty, you really feel like you've let everyone down.

He keeps it real which in anything Auburn related is admittingly needed because it's such a rollercoaster in general but especially in crutin since it's the nature of the beast. He doesn't have the luxury of getting to constantly pump sunshine AND be right for the most part that rusty and the bama 247 guys have the pleasure of doing for the most part.

But like dang dawg!!! Sometimes even this negative Karen needs some J LEE homerism!!!! Lol inject it in my veins for a day or two!!! Hahaha

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Let's Hug It Out Bitch on Make a GIF

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Perfect gif E. I was thinking GWill just needed a hug too.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Perfect gif E. I was thinking GWill just needed a hug too.

adsww.gif

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

adsww.gif

I'm sending you a telepathic hug GWill. No touching. How's that?

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I'm sending you a telepathic hug GWill. No touching. How's that?

tytry.gif

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

adsww.gif

My other thought was a "This is a safe space" or "let it out" gifs.

28 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Kamari say that he grew up being an Auburn fan?

@auburn4ever Don't think so. He's originally from Georgia.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Yup ! There's been info on the boards for a week or so that momentum has swung back in AU's favor. Sorry for not posting sooner.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I'm really high on him. He has really good feet and hips. His flip is smooth and effortless.

On 8/8/2020 at 6:23 PM, bigbird said:

I'm really high on him. He has really good feet and hips. His flip is smooth and effortless.

He’ll come to Auburn and be terrible though. Our DBs have gotten terrible coaching the past few years. They would be better if they had orange facemasks, played in a bigger stadium, and had a home-and-home series with Notre Dame. What we really need is a second RB in this class.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:23 AM, ellitor said:

My favorite show of all time. "Hug it out, b*tch!"

• ellitor changed the title to ***2021 3* CB Kamari Lassiter (Commit Watch 8/22/20)***
14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There is an update on Rivals that he is going to now wait to commit to a team at a later date. 

@gr82b4au it's a free read...

Four-star DB needs "a little" more time

b8bofnbusxlvcuiq9s0z

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — American Christian Academy four-star cornerback

Now though, he is going to have to find another date on his calendar to circle because August 22 is just too soon.

"That date isn't going to work because I need a little more time," said Lassiter. "I am still considering my top six (Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech and LSU) plus Clemson and I am just not there yet.

"I am basically with a top seven now, and I thought I would be ready next week, but I want to take a little more time, re-evaluate everything one more time and make sure I am making the right decision.

"I feel like within the next three or four weeks, that is when I will be ready to make my decision."

Lassiter is not going to cut his list again, and he said he is speaking daily with multiple schools on his list, but he is not tipping his hand on which direction he may be leaning at this time.

"I have been leaning a little bit towards certain schools, going back and forth some, but every day is a new day, and I am not there ready to commit yet, so that is why I am taking more time.

"I want to be certain of my decision, not just leaning strong towards a school, so that is what I am working towards.

"Once I commit, there will be no de-committing, so I just want to make sure I am ready."

This time a year ago, the top 10 player in Alabama did not expect to be in this position. He thought he would go through the process, take his visit and make a decision. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but getting down to one school is weighing on him.

"It is much tougher than I thought it would be," said Lassiter. "I never imagined I would have the kind of opportunities I have now, and I thank God every day for those, but this is very tough.

"I know it is going to be very hard to call schools and tell them no because of the great relationships I have built.

"I am just waiting for that feeling in my gut to tell me I am 100% ready to make that decision. Then I will make those calls and commit. I am just not there yet. I am getting close though."

Archived