Null

On 10/12/2020 at 4:26 PM, Proud Tiger said:

My kind of guy. I have several other kinds too and my neighborhood is a virtual arsenal. What do you normally carry?

19 on duty. I’ve had the 31 around the house and in my car while driving for a while (too bulky to carry concealed so I use the.38 for that) but I just put it back in the safe and brought the 17 back out. Continuity with the 19 plus it came factory with Wilson tactical sights and extended slide and magazine releases. I was carrying the Rock River.223 for a patrol rifle but after Wednesday it’s going to be the 300 Blackout.  Two point slings on both M4 style rifles. Our departmental 12 gauges (Remington 870 Express) have 3 point sling and I loathe those things. I’ve never fired my Weatherby but I’ve heard they’re beasts. 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My best advice is contact your local sheriff’s office. They will advise and assist. 

Guns are selling, but ammo is even harder to find. At least, FMJ practice ammo is. I guess all those new gun owners are buying up the practice stuff. When you do find any ammo, it's over 2.5 times wha

19 on duty. I’ve had the 31 around the house and in my car while driving for a while (too bulky to carry concealed so I use the.38 for that) but I just put it back in the safe and brought the 17 back

I don’t have much experience with OWB holsters other than Blackhawk and Safariland. I prefer IWB but I’m about 6’1” and 170 give or take a few pounds. If there’s any possible I’d go IWB and for that I like Alien Gear. However, go with whatever you’re most comfortable with because you don’t want to be fumbling around with your holster when you need to defend yourself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got to Academy about 45 minutes before they opened and was 6th in line. They had a super limited amount, maybe 40 boxes of 9mm and 556 at the customer service desk. Glad I got there when I did because there wasn’t much left when I checked out. 

Good to know that all I have to do is wake up early and stand in line for a little bit to buy at retail prices($12.99). 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Application is on its way from the DMV. Just gotta go get my fingerprints taken tomorrow. Alien Gear holster feels a lot better than the Fobus I tried(and subsequently returned). 

0tCRRqu.jpg

I love Alien 👽 Gear holsters. Super comfy. 

• Like 1

Coming in late to this thread, but I went with a Sig Sauer P365 9mm for personal carry and home protection.  It's a compact so it's comfortable to carry on you, but has 12+1 capacity, which is amazing considering most pistols of this size (such as the very popular Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 2.0) are 8+1 at the most.  And this one is only 1mm thicker than the Shield.

21 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I have Alien Gear holsters for my Glock 43 and mid-sized frame Glocks and both are top notch. I also have a suede Glaco IWB but I prefer the Alien Gear. 

On 10/29/2020 at 6:31 AM, aubearcat said:

I love Alien 👽 Gear holsters. Super comfy. 

It was comfortable for sure. I wore it doing things around the house and it didn’t impede my movement or poke in any way. Definitely concealed OWB under my t shirt. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...