What is everyone experiencing real life vrs media?

SaturdayGT

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Good grief. :no: 

Make sure you tell all of your black "friends" about your position on this.

Are you completely insane???

Possibly, but I do clearly recall the "Hands up, don't shoot" lie. That lesson right there is enough to make any reasonable person want to see the facts before going off the deep end.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Well also think about he is making those choices with all the support in the world, everything handed to him, so what about people that's 40-50 who didn't have an ounce of that.   I wonder would they even had started that path if given the resources

Life is a crap shoot.  Your parents can lead you in the right direction, but there is no guarantee that it will turn out the way the parent’s think. The biggest influence a person has is the friends he/she picks when he/she is of the age to understand what his/her parents are trying to get across.  Pick your friends that your Momma would approve.

Did this apply in your life?  It did in mine.  Your Mom seemed to be a great roll model.

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Life is a crap shoot.  Your parents can lead you in the right direction, but there is no guarantee that it will turn out the way the parent’s think. The biggest influence a person has is the friends he/she picks when he/she is of the age to understand what his/her parents are trying to get across.  Pick your friends that your Momma would approve.

Did this apply in your life?  It did in mine.  Your Mom seemed to be a great roll model.

Right so saying somebody is young as opposed to someone is 40 holds no weight either

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right so saying somebody is young as opposed to someone is 40 holds no weight either

Of course it does.  Starting good habits and keeping with them will see you through.  Starting with bad habits is very difficult to change, especially later in life.  I battle with not eating the correct foods because I didn’t start out with a very good diet.

If, at 40 years or so, you can get into a better environment that will correct some of the issues you have, it can be done.  It takes a lot of personal responsibility to break bad habits.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

If people only knew man.  While I was teaching at AU, I had a kid come to me crying because I failed him for missing the final.  His mom then wrote me an email saying that I was ruining his potential to get into med school.

His excuse: he was in jail for a week due to drugs and thus had no choice but to miss the final.

That's right, the kid actually tried to convince me that should be an excused absence.

And you guessed it, dude was white frat bro.

Reminds me of a time when and employee called me to tell me he wouldn't be in for a few days because he was in jail. He didn't ask me to come get him out,  just called to let me know. It cost him his job because he failed to show for work for three straight shifts. It's amazing what some people think is a valid excuse for their behavior. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I wonder why he was taken out and subdued? I doubt that he was sitting quietly and waiting for his peaceful ride to jail. There's a lot we don't know about these events and I'll be very interested to learn more. Court dates can't get here soon enough for me.

Quoting:"The drug stuff is just a cop out for people like yourself to say he deserved to die. " Or it may be an explanation about why he was resisting arrest. How many college students are doing drugs at any given time is an unrelated topic.

It's not unrelated at all it's just telling to what you will turn your head to. And there's NOTHING that can be made up to explain why a person is handcuffed in the police vehicle would need to be placed on the ground instead. 

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesting take on parenting: 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

And there's NOTHING that can be made up to explain why a person is handcuffed in the police vehicle would need to be placed on the ground instead. 

Maybe he was thrashing about and beating himself up inside the car? We'll have to wait and see when the truth comes out in court.

College students doing drugs is entirely unrelated to Floyd's death. It was just brought up here as a deflection. Floyd's use of drugs is possibly related to his death. Drug use by students in Auburn or Sailors in Taiwan has nothing to do with the Floyd situation.

Interesting note on Fentanyl, one of the drugs in Floyd's system: " When people overdose on fentanyl, their breathing can slow or stop. This can decrease the amount of oxygen that reaches the brain, a condition called hypoxia. Hypoxia can lead to a coma and permanent brain damage, and even death." Link: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/fentanyl

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Maybe he was thrashing about and beating himself up inside the car? We'll have to wait and see when the truth comes out in court.

College students doing drugs is entirely unrelated to Floyd's death. It was just brought up here as a deflection. Floyd's use of drugs is possibly related to his death. Drug use by students in Auburn or Sailors in Taiwan has nothing to do with the Floyd situation.

Interesting note on Fentanyl, one of the drugs in Floyd's system: " When people overdose on fentanyl, their breathing can slow or stop. This can decrease the amount of oxygen that reaches the brain, a condition called hypoxia. Hypoxia can lead to a coma and permanent brain damage, and even death." Link: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/fentanyl

Also interesting if you put your knee on a person's throat they can't breathe. Also interesting every single case about a black person being killed you have always been on the side that it's not the killer's fault.....coincidence I know.

Also yes the students doing drugs is related because you want to make the case of a person (black)  doing drugs determines if it's legal to them being killed. So if you use that as a variable then you have to feel that way about all people. Now we know you won't feel that way about all people just a certain few people but either way. 

Oh and even if he was beating himself up in the car that still doesn't explain taking him out and killing him

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Also interesting if you put your knee on a person's throat they can't breathe. Also interesting every single case about a black person being killed you have always been on the side that it's not the killer's fault.....coincidence I know.

Also yes the students doing drugs is related because you want to make the case of a person (black)  doing drugs determines if it's legal to them being killed. So if you use that as a variable then you have to feel that way about all people. Now we know you won't feel that way about all people just a certain few people but either way. 

Oh and even if he was beating himself up in the car that still doesn't explain taking him out and killing him

As far as I can recall, the only two cases of a Black person being killed that I've commented on (other than the dozens of inner-city murders every week) are Michael Brown and now George Floyd. Both were under the influence of drugs and both behaved in a manner in which most sober people would not behave. I know you don't want to accept it, but that has nothing to do with race. What it does have to do with is people under the influence behaving in an irrational manner. Why comment on just those two? Because both deaths were made into prominent national issues. The Brown "scandal' has long been debunked. However, I doubt that the policeman in the Floyd situation is entirely innocent. It appears that he used force after that was no longer necessary.

Now, given that fentanyl in and of itself can cause death by hypoxia, the defense attorneys already have "reasonable doubt" firmly in their playbook. I do think a charge of Negligent Homicide can get a conviction, where Murder cannot.

Quote: "Oh and even if he was beating himself up in the car that still doesn't explain taking him out and killing him"

Can you imaging the outcry if any arrested person were allowed to seriously damage themselves while in the back of a patrol car? (It's still to be determined if Floyd was doing that) If Floyd was doing harm to himself in the car, they had to remove him to settle him down. Settling him down does not extend to having him die, but there can be a solid reason why he was removed from the car.

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As far as I can recall, the only two cases of a Black person being killed that I've commented on (other than the dozens of inner-city murders every week) are Michael Brown and now George Floyd. Both were under the influence of drugs and both behaved in a manner in which most sober people would not behave. I know you don't want to accept it, but that has nothing to do with race. What it does have to do with is people under the influence behaving in an irrational manner. Why comment on just those two? Because both deaths were made into prominent national issues. The Brown "scandal' has long been debunked. However, I doubt that the policeman in the Floyd situation is entirely innocent. It appears that he used force after that was no longer necessary.

Now, given that fentanyl in and of itself can cause death by hypoxia, the defense attorneys already have "reasonable doubt" firmly in their playbook. I do think a charge of Negligent Homicide can get a conviction, where Murder cannot.

Quote: "Oh and even if he was beating himself up in the car that still doesn't explain taking him out and killing him"

Can you imaging the outcry if any arrested person were allowed to seriously damage themselves while in the back of a patrol car? (It's still to be determined if Floyd was doing that) If Floyd was doing harm to himself in the car, they had to remove him to settle him down. Settling him down does not extend to having him die, but there can be a solid reason why he was removed from the car.

Show me in the 8+ minute video that we've all seen where George Floyd was resisting and the FOUR officers were threatened.  I'll wait.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Show me in the 8+ minute video that we've all seen where George Floyd was resisting and the FOUR officers were threatened.  I'll wait.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but he didn’t say anything about them being threatened. That I recall anyway. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I don’t have a dog in this fight but he didn’t say anything about them being threatened. That I recall anyway. 

The police or public being threatened is the only reasonable excuse to keep Floyd pinned down.  He was of no threat to either.  Floyd was handcuffed and under control.

51 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The police or public being threatened is the only reasonable excuse to keep Floyd pinned down.  He was of no threat to either.  Floyd was handcuffed and under control.

Mikey said as others have he was in the car and then taken out and restrained possibly because he was injuring himself. I don’t know if that’s  correct. I have not seen anyone say he was a threat. 

12 minutes ago, alexava said:

Mikey said as others have he was in the car and then taken out and restrained possibly because he was injuring himself. I don’t know if that’s  correct. I have not seen anyone say he was a threat. 

Mikey is desperately trying to rationalize an excuse for what we have all seen with our own eyes. 

Why?

What we do know is b they already tried to lie about the autopsy and it's hilarious that in these situations it's always what they say is etched in stone the truth what happened. Before cell phone cameras that's why it was so easy to pretend that racism didn't exist anymore. Time and time again you see how it's a problem letting the criminals gather and handle evidence and somehow expect justice.

As far as Mikey he must have forgot trayvon Martin, and Eric garner. It's always with him a person using drugs means they don't have credibility but a policeman means they can do no wrong. 

And then you will always have the same people come to speak for whatever side that's for the killer of the black person while they tell you the story of their black friend of the black person they spoke with just the other day and of course that black person never has a problem with any of this....not arguing with that crowd. 

Not arguing with people that don't care to listen to a black person's perspective but they can tell the black person what's the reality for them

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Mikey is desperately trying to rationalize an excuse for what we have all seen with our own eyes. 

Why?

I don’t know why. I myself have been interested in why he was taken out of the car. There’s no doubt about what happened after that. We have not heard from the actual investigation or what the officers statements were. I don’t think it’s going to matter too much but it will be interesting. 

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t know why. I myself have been interested in why he was taken out of the car. There’s no doubt about what happened after that. We have not heard from the actual investigation or what the officers statements were. I don’t think it’s going to matter too much but it will be interesting. 

Actually I was referring to why is Mickey so determined to rationalize what we all saw on the video? 

I cannot even think of a hypothetical excuse for what occurred.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Why?

Maybe he watched the Glenn Show episode on Trayvon and is simply waiting on further evidence?

22 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Your problem here is I never said they were threatened. I've seen no video at all that revealed what happened prior to Floyd being pinned on the ground. Have you?

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually I was referring to why is Mickey so determined to rationalize what we all saw on the video? 

I cannot even think of a hypothetical excuse for what occurred.

What rationalizing? What I do say is that we don't know the whole story yet. Do you find it reasonable that the other officers present just stood around doing nothing and saying nothing for an extended period of time? I don't, and I'm anxiously waiting for an explanation. Is it reasonable that Floyd was removed from the car? No, it isn't and I'd like to learn why.

There is a lot about this case that doesn't make much sense and the sooner the facts come out, the better.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Your problem here is I never said they were threatened. I've seen no video at all that revealed what happened prior to Floyd being pinned on the ground. Have you?

You mean like this, which a two second Google search on your part could have pulled up?

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

As far as Mikey he must have forgot trayvon Martin, and Eric garner. It's always with him a person using drugs means they don't have credibility but a policeman means they can do no wrong.

Have you forgotten that criminal charges were dropped in both cases?

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And don't for get this one either, where he's ALREADY in the car.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/05/31/george-floyd-police-car-video-vpx.cnn

This is the one that needs answers. If he was removed for his own protection or some other reason. 

Archived