Black Man Charged For Murder After Fatally Shooting Girl In Vehicle That Was Pursuing Him

DKW 86

From Statesboro, GA. I bet the folks chasing him wouldnt have cared about him dating a white girl if he was on their favorite College Football Team...sadly. We still have a whole lot of work to do. 

Black Man Charged For Murder After Fatally Shooting Girl In Vehicle That Was Pursuing Him

A Georgia man was arrested and charged with murder after he fatally shot a teen who was in a vehicle with occupants that were screaming the N-word and following him while he was driving his car with his girlfriend.

RELATED STORIES: 1 Dead, 11 Wounded In Overnight Shooting Spree In Minneapolis

According to the Statesboro Herald, William Marcus Wilson,21, turned himself last Wednesday afternoon for the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Haley Hutcheson in Statesboro. After news of the arrest, Hutcheson’s mother posted the following status on her Facebook page. She says in the now-deleted post: “My white daughter was shot and KILLED by this black man who chased her down in a MOVING vehicle. When we gonna say start saying that white lives matter??? When will we see an uproar in the media about this??? Stay tuned #JusticeforHaley.”

IMG_7175-298x300.jpg

Witnesses say Wilson and his girlfriend Emma were in a parking lot when Hutchenson and a group of friends started to harass the couple. Apparently they called his girlfriend a “n**** lover.” The couple is reported to have entered their vehicle to avoid any confrontation and Hutchenson’s friends followed them while screaming the n-word and tried to run them off of Veteran’s Memorial Parkway near Fair Road. Allegedly, Wilson fired a warning shot from his car so the teens could leave the couple alone. Unfortunately, Hutchenson was fatally wounded at the scene.

Wilson is charged with one count of felony murder and one count of aggravated assault. There were no further details of a pending court date.

If I'm on the jury, it was self defense. Racial issues aside, if a carload of people is harassing you and trying to run you off the road you are within your rights to defend yourself. Period.

Archived