Cam to Patriots

Proud Tiger

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I will be rooting for the patriots since I have no clue what direction the panthers are going 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Looks like I will be rooting for the patriots since I have no clue what direction the panthers are going 

Very bittersweet that that's where DB landed.

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Looks like two former Auburn QBs, Stidham and Newton, will be competing for the New England Patriots QB job.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cam-newton-new-england-patriots-one-year-deal-tom-brady

Something tells me it won't be much a competition. Not unless Cam is still hurt.

The Panthers wasted Cam, let's be real. Cam is actually one of the better game managers around, ironically. People think of him as this high scoring team guy, but he was at his best in the NFL when he just had to manage the game and let the defense do its thing. Problem is, the Panthers only gave Cam a few select good defenses, most of them were below the league average, and several were horrible. They also never gave him an offensive line. Frankly never gave him much of a receiving corp either. They basically didn't give the man much lol.

The Patriots will typically have a top 10 OL and defense under Belichick. That's perfect for Cam.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

The NOODLER QB route. Noodle arm QBs who are checkdown charlie's.

7 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Looks like two former Auburn QBs, Stidham and Newton, will be competing for the New England Patriots QB job.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cam-newton-new-england-patriots-one-year-deal-tom-brady

Battle... yep... that’s what’s going to happen. 

Six Auburn tigers, and two tigers playing for the starting job...wild 

no matter who you root for (I could care less about the NFL aside from Cam), I would hope we collectively understand how big it would be if this current team were to go all the way. Biggest franchise, biggest spotlight aside from Tampa Bay and MAYBE KC, this is big 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The NOODLER QB route. Noodle arm QBs who are checkdown charlie's.

I am hoping we are tanking for the Clemson blonde. Yep I said it. I don’t want to be in no man’s land like my spurs. Barely making the playoffs and getting middle round talent in the drafts. 

7 hours ago, copper4eva said:

Something tells me it won't be much a competition. Not unless Cam is still hurt.

The Panthers wasted Cam, let's be real. Cam is actually one of the better game managers around, ironically. People think of him as this high scoring team guy, but he was at his best in the NFL when he just had to manage the game and let the defense do its thing. Problem is, the Panthers only gave Cam a few select good defenses, most of them were below the league average, and several were horrible. They also never gave him an offensive line. Frankly never gave him much of a receiving corp either. They basically didn't give the man much lol.

The Patriots will typically have a top 10 OL and defense under Belichick. That's perfect for Cam.

Some of the patriots fans are being idiots , but with a moderate to mostly healthy Cam, they will be in good position. Sorry, no way I see Stidham overcoming that. I do hate that once again he has a weaker WR Corp though. He dealt with that all through his tenure with my panthers. Panthers giving away Steve Smith was the biggest idiotic move; IMO. I think if he had him around , Cam would’ve been much more grounded and the panthers would’ve had a Super Bowl back when we loss to the Broncos. 

i keep hearing the pats team is mostly gutted? how much have they lost and do the have the talent to make a run? i will hang up and listen.

Over the past ten years, the three NFL games I watched other than super bowls were all Cam Newton games. I might watch another one if he's the Pat's starting QB. Other than Cam and the super bowl commercials, I've had zero interest in the NFL for over a decade now. Nothing against those who do follow that game, but it's really not something I'm willing to spend time on.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Over the past ten years, the three NFL games I watched other than super bowls were all Cam Newton games. I might watch another one if he's the Pat's starting QB. Other than Cam and the super bowl commercials, I've had zero interest in the NFL for over a decade now. Nothing against those who do follow that game, but it's really not something I'm willing to spend time on.

Its great to fall asleep to on a Sunday afternoon.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i keep hearing the pats team is mostly gutted? how much have they lost and do the have the talent to make a run? i will hang up and listen.

As far as I know, the only thing they're missing really is pass catchers. They'll protect the QB (they've got good blocking TEs and still use a traditional fullback), they've got their starting center back, they've got RBs, they'll have a stout defense again and they're always going to be plus on special teams.

You've got to have pass catchers in the NFL, but I wouldn't say the team is gutted. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am hoping we are tanking for the Clemson blonde. Yep I said it. I don’t want to be in no man’s land like my spurs. Barely making the playoffs and getting middle round talent in the drafts. 

It was so infuriating watching the Flacons start winning games as soon as the playoffs were out of reach. Absolutely infuriating. I shouldn't complain, though, since we wound up with Marlon. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It was so infuriating watching the Flacons start winning games as soon as the playoffs were out of reach. Absolutely infuriating. I shouldn't complain, though, since we wound up with Marlon. 

I've always thought being a Falcons fan and an Auburn fan were very similar in terms of the roller coasters.

I still haven't watched a Super Bowl since the 2016 season.

9 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I've always thought being a Falcons fan and an Auburn fan were very similar in terms of the roller coasters.

I still haven't watched a Super Bowl since the 2016 season.

I became a *real* Falcons fan that day. Much like I became a *real* Auburn fan in 2004. 

My only solace was thinking about all the uga+Falcons fans that had their hearts absolutely ripped out twice in a month. It was like November 2013 except the total opposite. 

(Them Five Stripes tho)

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Yep I said it. I don’t want to be in no man’s land like my spurs. Barely making the playoffs and getting middle round talent in the drafts. 

Funny thing is, that Spurs dynasty really started b/c Robinson got hurt one year and they tanked that season allowing them to get Duncan...most fortunate crappy thing to ever happen.

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As far as I know, the only thing they're missing really is pass catchers. They'll protect the QB (they've got good blocking TEs and still use a traditional fullback), they've got their starting center back, they've got RBs, they'll have a stout defense again and they're always going to be plus on special teams.

You've got to have pass catchers in the NFL, but I wouldn't say the team is gutted. 

And compared to his wrs he had almost every year in Carolina I would take what he has in new England right now. Edelman, Sanu, Nkeal Harry (def has the potential to break out some) and marquise Lee is solid. Biggest difference and downside is no Greg olsen type of stud at TE.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Some of the patriots fans are being idiots , but with a moderate to mostly healthy Cam, they will be in good position. Sorry, no way I see Stidham overcoming that. I do hate that once again he has a weaker WR Corp though. He dealt with that all through his tenure with my panthers. Panthers giving away Steve Smith was the biggest idiotic move; IMO. I think if he had him around , Cam would’ve been much more grounded and the panthers would’ve had a Super Bowl back when we loss to the Broncos. 

The biggest difference is he will play behind a good OL for the first time in his NFL career or at least since Jordan Gross retired super early in cams NFL career for your panthers. Cam is used to lack of weapons at the WR position for a lot of his NFL career as you painfully know. A good OL is a absolute gamechanger for him.

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And compared to his wrs he had almost every year in Carolina I would take what he has in new England right now. Edelman, Sanu, Nkeal Harry (def has the potential to break out some) and marquise Lee is solid. Biggest difference and downside is no Greg olsen type of stud at TE.

That's a very good point. He hasn't had anything close to Edelman since Steve Smith, probably. And Sanu is probably as good as most of the guys he's had. 

Agree about Harry. They need him to stay healthy and engaged. He's got the tools. 

I saw one tweet that made me laugh, but when you think about it... Cam is the closest thing to Gronk that the Patriots have now, and Stidham might be an NFL QB.......

Our guy Josh Dollard, Wiley and coooooop love the move. Wooooooo!!!!! LFG!!!!

Screenshot_20200629-092757.png

Screenshot_20200629-093003.png

Screenshot_20200629-093118.png

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

You don't watch the NFL? O wow. So edgy Mike.... 🙄

IMG_20200629_053849.jpg

40 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Funny thing is, that Spurs dynasty really started b/c Robinson got hurt one year and they tanked that season allowing them to get Duncan...most fortunate crappy thing to ever happen.

Bahaha it’s true! I loved it. People forget the year before that we were literally a contender . Oh man the good ole days at the Alamodome. I still say even if the bulls returned one more year, I think the twin towers would’ve dethroned them. But I digress ...

Archived