Cam to Patriots

Proud Tiger

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maaaaan, the number of times I've seen him stand there waiting for one of his garbage WRs to get open just to end up taking a sack when he could have tried to get something out of it. Damned if he did, damned if he didn't. 

Says everything that the worst example of this was in that Super Bowl where he was supposedly so terrible.

This is my fear. The WR corps at NE isn’t much better than what he has had in the past. However, he is with Josh McDaniels now and not the joke of OCs he had at the panthers. He will definitely build around cam appropriately. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is my fear. The WR corps at NE isn’t much better than what he has had in the past. However, he is with Josh McDaniels now and not the joke of OCs he had at the panthers. He will definitely build around cam appropriately. 

Well he'll finally have an o line. And that one wr from az state could be a sleeper he was hurt last year. I feel like the only downgrade he may have is at the tight end as far as what he has been used to but supposedly the tight end they drafted from Virginia tech is a big sleeper they are very happy with.

Lastly the fact that he has coaches that will see the weaknesses in the offense and actually do something about it

20 hours ago, jared52 said:

Cam is a vegan so he’s still eating... truffles? I don’t know an expensive vegan dish...

Pescatarian. Cam eats fish.

15 hours ago, DAG said:

McDaniels will implement a short, quick passing game and do wonders with Cam running the Patriots offense. See the video I linked earlier, "Cam Newton is a PERFECT fit for the Patriot's offense."

On 7/6/2020 at 11:08 AM, McLoofus said:

I don't remember the numbers on the types of hits he sustained *inside the pocket* and how it wasn't penalized relative to other QBs, but they were shocking. 

I'm guessing that Belichick won't put up with that type of officiating in the future.

6 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I'm guessing that Belichick won't put up with that type of officiating in the future.

Exactly. The Patriots just have so much more stroke than the Panthers. 

Suddenly I'm that much more devastated that we might not (probably won't) have a season. Because I am absolutely dying to see what Cam (or Stidham!) can do with Brady's team and what Brady is capable of without Belichick and McDaniels. I couldn't possibly hope for a more compelling little web of storylines going into an NFL season. Cam (or another Auburn QB) takes over for the GOAT, and the GOAT is still in the league?! And we might not get to see it?!?!?!

WAIT. IS THIS THE NEW MOST JABA THING EVER?!??!?!

• 1 month later...

11 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I really like what this suggests, assuming that it's tongue in cheek. Any success Cam has in New England is going to be heavily predicated upon this connection. 

i posted a nice update in media relations i believe. i guess this has not been moved since it is kind of slow.......

❤️💕

50 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

❤️💕

Gotta think that Newton is a different kind of 'cat than Brady ever was, and that ain't necessarily a bad thing. Looks like he's bringing some joyous energy to the Patriot's camp...

11 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Gotta think that Newton is a different kind of 'cat than Brady ever was, and that ain't necessarily a bad thing. Looks like he's bringing some joyous energy to the Patriot's camp...

My brother in law is a die-hard Pats fan, but I'm starting to wonder if he was primarily a Brady fan. I desperately want Cam to make Boston forget about the last guy.

(My wife loves them both. And I do mean love. It's a little uncomfortable TBQH.) 

16 hours ago, aubearcat said:

❤️💕

A different ERA in Foxwood...Hope it translates into wins. I want him to succeed....

But we know Cam's history. A dancing talking fun-loving guy when he wins...when he loses....not so much huh? :)

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

A dancing talking fun-loving guy when he wins...when he loses....not so much huh?

The only difference between him and other QBs in that regard is he's more honest about it in public.

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yep. And he seems to be well liked by his teammates.

Did you hear Belichick's comments about him that came out in the last 24 hrs or so? Hands down the most effusive praise I've ever heard that man offer about anything. Probably the most candidly I've heard him speak on any subject at all. Quite the love affair up there right now. I'm actually getting worried. Dammit. *drink* 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did you hear Belichick's comments about him that came out in the last 24 hrs or so? Hands down the most effusive praise I've ever heard that man offer about anything. Probably the most candidly I've heard him speak on any subject at all. Quite the love affair up there right now. I'm actually getting worried. Dammit. *drink* 

Now you’ve got me curious. I’ll go digging.
*cheers

ETA- Found it. Damn high praise, indeed!

*cheers again*hiccup

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

These comments?

Archived