Cam to Patriots

Proud Tiger

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't know if another RB is what they need, but it appears they really intend on leaning on the TEs and backs, esp. with their lack of WR acquisitions. Which is fine for Cam, if you look at his stats 

Yeah, but what would a premiere WR look like playing with Cam. Besides Steve Smith (who seemed to do well until he and Cam had a falling out), who has he had that he could count on consistently? TEs and RBs, that's who. I would like to see him with a real WR corp, with at least one really good WR. 

44 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, but what would a premiere WR look like playing with Cam. Besides Steve Smith (who seemed to do well until he and Cam had a falling out), who has he had that he could count on consistently? TEs and RBs, that's who. I would like to see him with a real WR corp, with at least one really good WR. 

And that's what NE has primarily relied on, too. Could be a great match. 

He's got Edelman, so that's a great start. I'm really hoping Meyers takes that next step. And then there's N'Keal Harry, who is an impact guy waiting to happen. Evidently he needed a fire lit in camp, though, so who knows. Oh, and Sanu. He's not a big play guy but he's a very dependable possession receiver. He'll help Cam a lot. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And that's what NE has primarily relied on, too. Could be a great match. 

He's got Edelman, so that's a great start. I'm really hoping Meyers takes that next step. And then there's N'Keal Harry, who is an impact guy waiting to happen. Evidently he needed a fire lit in camp, though, so who knows. Oh, and Sanu. He's not a big play guy but he's a very dependable possession receiver. He'll help Cam a lot. 

Yeah, I don't think he needs a crazy good WR, but more than dump off options is enough. I'm excited to he how he does. I don't really give a rip about NFL teams so I don't have a problem supporting the Patriots because just like with the Panthers, I was there for Cam.

15 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, I don't think he needs a crazy good WR, but more than dump off options is enough. I'm excited to he how he does. I don't really give a rip about NFL teams so I don't have a problem supporting the Patriots because just like with the Panthers, I was there for Cam.

Such a weird dynamic at my house. You might've heard me mention before that I married into a Patriots family. To say my emotions about that have been mixed is an understatement. But no longer. This is a dream for me. Best case scenario would've been Cam to the Falcons. This is the 2nd-best case scenario. BUT... there's a twist. My bro-in-law is still absolutely heartbroken that Brady left. You see, not only was Tommy Brady a winner, but Tommy Brady also "acts like a quarterback". Bro-in-law doesn't so much care for Cam. Doesn't think the fanbase up there is going to put up with Cam's "antics". Thinks that Cam will be "fine", but not "great, because "we've seen great". I'm starting to think he's more interested in Brady succeeding this year than Cam. 

I love this guy. Seriously won the in-law jackpot. We talk about life and football all the time. He is one of my closest friends. But I want so, SO badly for Cam to succeed in a manner that makes him absolutely miserable. 

Edit: Agreed about the WR situation

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

And NE released Sanu. 

Sanu was expected . He was the fourth option . They are looking for a speedster to replace him and that’s not his game 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Sanu was expected . He was the fourth option . They are looking for a speedster to replace him and that’s not his game 

I was surprised, but then read an article this morning saying exactly what you have here and it makes sense. Sounds like he's redundant to N'Keal Harry, who is evidently more of a slower, inside guy than I realized. 

I'm just really surprised Meyers isn't more of a factor. He seems like such a playmaker, but I guess he's coming up short with his routes, assignments, whatever. 

On 9/2/2020 at 11:18 AM, McLoofus said:

Doesn't think the fanbase up there is going to put up with Cam's "antics".

But yet they adored Gronk’s.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Cam was filmed dancing at practice, 247 posted it on their Facebook. Cam was labeled as classless. For dancing. During practice.

Our fans are really, really stupid sometimes. Never seen so many insecure middle aged men be so concerned about an athlete’s hair style, fashion, and swagger. Then I pull up their page and it’s, “ohhhh”. No Fear and Big Dogs t-shirts, white New Balance mids, crewcuts, and cargo shorts for days. A lot of that goes mostly for NFL fans in general, not just us. 

5 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Cam has officially been named the starter. Also named Team Captain, which is a pretty big deal with him only being in NE for a couple of months.

News here: https://www.nfl.com/news/cam-newton-patriots-starting-quarterback

33 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Cam was filmed dancing at practice, 247 posted it on their Facebook. Cam was labeled as classless. For dancing. During practice.

Our fans are really, really stupid sometimes. Never seen so many insecure middle aged men be so concerned about an athlete’s hair style, fashion, and swagger. Then I pull up their page and it’s, “ohhhh”. No Fear and Big Dogs t-shirts, white New Balance mids, crewcuts, and cargo shorts for days. A lot of that goes mostly for NFL fans in general, not just us. 

Well he's impressed his teammates and that's pretty great considering how short of a time he's been there. I'm a pats fan and I'm stoked. Alittle biased but also stoked to unleash a pissed off,Cam with a huge chip on his shoulder...fans hated Randy Moss until he started ballin in Gillette.

I'm calling it right now, Cam.. MVP 🏆.

He's done it at every stage of his career when doubted and he has something to prove. History is evidence. Watch out. It's going be Randy Moss rookie year and Pats Renaissance times 10. CAM is about to be unleashed.

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

@Randman5000where was I wrong? 

Sorry, Not wrong... I think the facepalm is confusing to use sometimes... It's a reaction based on Pats fans and your info. I'll update it

.:cheers:

See above.

26 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Sorry, Not wrong... I think the facepalm is confusing to use sometimes... It's a reaction based on Pats fans and your info. I'll update it

.:cheers:

See above.

I read your subsequent post. Thanks for clearing it up. 👍

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Yeah, you notice that too, huh? I wonder why that is. They will tell you it's because it's different for the quarterback, but I don't think that's the full story.

Edit: Fortunately it's not all Patriots fans, as Randman shows above.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, you notice that too, huh? I wonder why that is. They will tell you it's because it's different for the quarterback, but I don't think that's the full story.

Edit: Fortunately it's not all Patriots fans, as Randman shows above.

When Cam is scoring and more importantly, winning, his antics are contagious. The more that happens, the more they’ll love him. There has never been a player more adored for his antics by two fan bases in us and the Panthers. 

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

When Cam is scoring and more importantly, winning, his antics are contagious. The more that happens, the more they’ll love him. There has never been a player more adored for his antics by two fan bases in us and the Panthers. 

It is not antics it is having fun playing a game you love.

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is not antics it is having fun playing a game you love.

Defined “foolish, outrageous, or amusing behavior.”

His outrageous behavior is completely unlike other QBs after a TD. If you’re a fan of it, you love it.  If you’re not, you don’t. For those who don’t, it’s only because he’s not playing for their team.

30 minutes ago, Viper said:

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

Defined “foolish, outrageous, or amusing behavior.”

His outrageous behavior is completely unlike other QBs after a TD. If you’re a fan of it, you love it.  If you’re not, you don’t. For those who don’t, it’s only because he’s not playing for their team.

Completely agree.

I've already mentioned it, but it's such a shame that he's been in a small market all this time. For some players, it's a good thing to fly under the radar. For him, it actually enables the wrong narrative to get perpetuated. I'm so tired of having to explain to people I meet that he's actually one of the best human beings in the NFL. That's another reason I'm so excited about him being under a brighter spotlight. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Completely agree.

I've already mentioned it, but it's such a shame that he's been in a small market all this time. For some players, it's a good thing to fly under the radar. For him, it actually enables the wrong narrative to get perpetuated. I'm so tired of having to explain to people I meet that he's actually one of the best human beings in the NFL. That's another reason I'm so excited about him being under a brighter spotlight. 

I love it he’s so loathed by most, esp bammers. After he lost the SB, I had a bammer bud blow my phone up. They still can’t get over 28-27.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Completely agree.

But...but...but that image doesn’t fit Collin Bovineexcrement’s description of Cam as a selfish, egotistical, immature player. How dare anyone think otherwise.

Archived