Our contract with UnderArmour?

tigerman1186

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

And don't forget Hitler's little car...….the VW bug.

Yep, that was the car he was going to provide every German citizen with in his scheme.  Thank God for the USA.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/3/2020 at 10:32 PM, ellitor said:

The Jordan brand should be number one on the list.

Why?

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Why?

Because of the recruiting stroke that comes with it, just like Nike.

What Pearl has done as far as getting talent being a UA school is considered nothing short of amazing by every respected person in and around college basketball. If Pearl had Jordan or Nike with him the talent ceiling gets quite a bit higher because of their influences on high school recruits.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because of the recruiting stroke that comes with it, just like Nike.

What Pearl has done as far as getting talent being a UA school is considered nothing short of amazing by every respected person in and around college basketball. If Pearl had Jordan or Nike with him the talent ceiling gets quite a bit higher because of their influences on high school recruits.

OK I see for BB but what about FB since this is the FB Forum?

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

OK I see for BB but what about FB since this is the FB Forum?

When this topic comes up it often gets started in the football forum for some reason even though it's much more important for basketball.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

When this topic comes up it often gets started in the football forum for some reason even though it's much more important for basketball.

Would it be viable for a school to split out it's individual sports to different deals, or is that impossible?

On 7/3/2020 at 9:04 PM, passthebiscuits said:

The plan is to renegotiate in 2023-2024. B-ball (especially) and most of the athletic dept favors a switch to 1)Adidas or 2)Nike. 

The board still favors UA. We shall see.

Those of us within earshot of the medical/training end of the contract desperately support a switch away from UA. 

Amazing how the most progressive Auburn sport doesn’t want to go with this UA garbage anymore 

On 7/4/2020 at 6:56 AM, aubearcat said:

I LOVE Adidas casual wear shoes (I have several pairs of the Superstar shell toe). How does their athletic shoes compare? Notre Dame is probably going to be Adidas “namesake “ school, which is okay as long as they make good equipment and good looking fan apparel. 

edit: I just realized Notre Dame is now sponsored by UA and no longer Adidas. 

Adidas basketball shoes as far as performance goes are pretty good imo. Not very fashionable looking but they’re good. Anything with Boost works anywhere, and their Hardens have a good bit of it. They specialize with low cut shoes 

I too am in favor of Nike now. I will say now that UA is trying to get away from trash ass UCLA, I think they will prioritize someone hardcore like AU. How much would that be worth is another discussion. 

21 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Would it be viable for a school to split out it's individual sports to different deals, or is that impossible?

I doubt it’s impossible but my guess is it’s highly unlikely. I don’t see an apparel company willing to split revenue sports for a school like Auburn University which is basically what we are talking about here in your example.

Well, we could go to team Kawhi Leonard with New Balance...  

tenor.gif

Is Russell Southern still in the 'cloth' business??? I've always liked our uniforms when we had a contract with them....don't think they do shoes...

On 7/3/2020 at 9:04 PM, passthebiscuits said:

The plan is to renegotiate in 2023-2024. B-ball (especially) and most of the athletic dept favors a switch to 1)Adidas or 2)Nike. 

The board still favors UA. We shall see.

Those of us within earshot of the medical/training end of the contract desperately support a switch away from UA. 

I know a lot of Physical Trainers and students in that area at different universities. A good number have flat out told me they wouldn't work at an Under Armor school if they can help it. 

52 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I know a lot of Physical Trainers and students in that area at different universities. A good number have flat out told me they wouldn't work at an Under Armor school if they can help it. 

Why?

As a football note, I'd guess the players would trade the opportunity to have all this Under Armour gear for Nike gear. Same for Jordan. 

Nike's US sales are down 2X UA's this year on a percentage basis. Nike is being propped up by China sales. I think the next generation of kids coming up this decade will view Nike as "dad's shoes". Not saying we should stay with UA, just saying Nike isn't all that. 

Archived