Our contract with UnderArmour?

tigerman1186

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am still waking up but i was going down the line looking at threat titles and i thought it said "our contract with underwear"..............lol

Honestly we should just let Bruce Pearl make the decision of which company to go with next

On 7/17/2020 at 11:06 AM, Tiger said:

Honestly we should just let Bruce Pearl make the decision of which company to go with next

I would think he probably has a pretty deep stake into decision making, but it definitely could be deeper. I know its not too deep bc your post would've already been executed 3 years ago. BP is a cutting edge guy that knows the game better than anyone, I dont think hed keep that contract going on some sense of loyalty while watching Nike and Adidas try to herd his recruits far away from aub

Someone asked on the bunker a hypothetical what would happen if Auburn and under armor parted ways. JHead on the bunker, usually gets pretty good info. FWIW said Addias would be the likely landing spot. We were in negotiations with them last time before we signed our new deal with UA, and they are likely to give us a much more lucrative deal than Nike or Jordan brand. Bruce has nice ties to their grassroots AAU circuit from his days at UT, and Addias apparel has become extremely popular amongst high school athletes. Their football gear has improved significantly since the early and mid 2000s, and I believe Auburn would keep the same classic look we’ve always had with our football jerseys/uniform so we don’t have to worry about them being screwed up.

Like to the article in the quoted tweet so you can skip the Twitter nonsense if you want:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/under-armour-falls-founder-cfo-133816136.html

Under Armour Falls After Founder, CFO Are Named in SEC Probe

bbfebd877b9b891f04b531b5d2496dc0

(Bloomberg) -- Under Armour Inc. said a pair of top executives, including founder Kevin Plank, has been named in a federal probe of the company’s accounting, sending shares of the athleticwear maker down.

Plank and Chief Financial Officer David Bergman received Wells Notices informing them that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is likely to “allege certain violations of the federal securities laws,” Under Armour said Monday in a regulatory filing. Under Armour also received a notice informing it that the agency may file an enforcement action against the company.

The disclosure expands upon comments from the company in November, when it revealed that it had been under federal investigation for more than two years. The situation has roiled the Baltimore-based company as it has grappled with lackluster sales amid the coronavirus pandemic and a CEO change, with Plank handing the reins to Patrik Frisk earlier this year.

Under Armour and the executives “maintain that their actions were appropriate,” according to the latest filing. They intend to respond to the Wells Notices and “engage in a dialogue” with the SEC to resolve the matter.

The Wells Notices, which the SEC uses to inform investigation subjects that it intends to bring enforcement actions against them, relate to sales that were allegedly pulled forward during a period from the third quarter of 2015 through the end of 2016, Under Armour said. The SEC is “focused on the company’s disclosures regarding the use of pull-forward sales in order to meet sales objectives,” but it is not alleging revenue recognition violations, the company said.

Under Armour fell 1.3% to $10.77 a share at 9:34 a.m. Monday in New York. The shares slumped 49% this year through Friday.

(Updates with share trading in final paragraph)

For more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.com

Subscribe now to stay ahead with the most trusted business news source.

©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@jared52 what nonsense?

Oh boy, there's not enough time in the day to talk about all the nonsense on Twitter. :D I was just providing the article in the quoted tweet so people could read it without having to click on the twitter post by the jboy show and then click on the tweet they quoted and then finally clicking on the article to get the info that was actually relevant to this thread.

Archived