From one of my Progressive Groups...

DKW 86

108170321_10220525349276274_278706468420

"...Corrupt Corporate NeoLiberal Democratic Party where Progressives go to die..." 
Bravo!!! Want to know why Progressives arent bowing to the "Vote Blue, No Matter Who" Mantra? Why should we. We fully recognize that we are getting sodomized by the CCNLDP and just dont want to play any more. Either give us REAL Policy Changes, a REAL Voice at the governing table or STFU. The number of folks I see heading toward a third party is just awesome. Maybe Progressives getting shafted has finally sent us away on our own. I could not be happier. 

Really hung your hat on the "rapist" thing. Progressives,  with the exception of a very loud and annoying minority,  are going to vote for the best option on the table. 

Sorry you're sitting this one out. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Really hung your hat on the "rapist" thing. Progressives,  with the exception of a very loud and annoying minority,  are going to vote for the best option on the table. 

Sorry you're sitting this one out. 

Couldnt be more wrong. Just make a real commitment to us that things are going to actually...you know..IMPROVE, and we will be all in...

right now i think it is important to vote trump out of office. that should be priority for this country right now. but i agree we need some serious changes. but sometimes i think only the dino's like biden will ever have a chance because at least in alabama and many of the folks i know think the dems are a bunch of dirty commi bastids and it will get worse. so how do you convince those on the other side this is not true?

I don’t know that you can. But the Dems can get off their high horse and start sharing power if they want a broad power base. They really don’t. They want the power and they want to do nothing to get the power, that they will then not share. 

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I don’t know that you can. But the Dems can get off their high horse and start sharing power if they want a broad power base. They really don’t. They want the power and they want to do nothing to get the power, that they will then not share. 

They tried. Go look at Obamacare, which a lot of dems went to the chopping block for. 

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Affordable_Care_Act

Obamacare was incubated in the "Gang of Six", a committee of 3 Republicans and 3 Democrats. So, what happened? Basically, Mitch McConnell happened. He argued - brilliantly - that if he managed to deny Obama votes for something, it would be seen, by definition, as a partisan bill (despite many substantive compromises in the bill). By the time the Democrats realized this was what was happening, and that they'd never get a single GOP vote, it was too far down along the path to be re-written as a purely liberal bill. McConnell tricked the Democrats into passing a bad bill while at the same time campaigning against it as a partisan bill.

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

108170321_10220525349276274_278706468420

"...Corrupt Corporate NeoLiberal Democratic Party where Progressives go to die..." 
Bravo!!! Want to know why Progressives arent bowing to the "Vote Blue, No Matter Who" Mantra? Why should we. We fully recognize that we are getting sodomized by the CCNLDP and just dont want to play any more. Either give us REAL Policy Changes, a REAL Voice at the governing table or STFU. The number of folks I see heading toward a third party is just awesome. Maybe Progressives getting shafted has finally sent us away on our own. I could not be happier. 

Or crazier.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Or crazier.

Coming from you, Thanks...Having you admit that you think that there are no Corrupt Corporate Neolibs, pretty much proves which of us is the crazier..

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Well, when you jack it up, you get what is coming to you. Now go fix it...

Simply put, they can't right now. They tried hard to avoid the appearance of partisanship against the oppo, putting in all sort of R requested compromises, and ended up spending their political capital anyway. McConnell saw to that. 

Next time they get a super I hope they simply ram through the most progressive healthcare bill we've ever seen and call the R's bluff. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Simply put, they can't right now. They tried hard to avoid the appearance of partisanship against the oppo, putting in all sort of R requested compromises, and ended up spending their political capital anyway. McConnell saw to that. 

Next time they get a super I hope they simply ram through the most progressive healthcare bill we've ever seen and call the R's bluff. 

Or they could act like adults and make some deal and get us way closer to perfect. Things have changed, it is not 2010 anymore.

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Or they could act like adults and make some deal and get us way closer to perfect. Things have changed, it is not 2010 anymore.

They tried dealing. They were perfectly fair. They got ****** over anyway. They even went with Mitt Romney's model, and one supported by the Heritage foundation and Bob Dole just a decade and a half earlier. 

You are so naïve about political gamesmanship. McConnell is the worst thing to happen to the government since McCarthy, but he's good at what he does. 

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Coming from you, Thanks...Having you admit that you think that there are no Corrupt Corporate Neolibs, pretty much proves which of us is the crazier..

You need catchier names for your villains. Shorter and more accessible to the common man. Less elitist. ;)

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

They tried dealing. They were perfectly fair. They got ****** over anyway. They even went with Mitt Romney's model, and one supported by the Heritage foundation and Bob Dole just a decade and a half earlier. 

You are so naïve about political gamesmanship. McConnell is the worst thing to happen to the government since McCarthy, but he's good at what he does. 

No, Dub, listen to yourself, for once in your life. You make absolutely NO Sense here. NONE! 

The Republicans Screwed your/our side over 12 years ago, SSSOOO, you are going to **** your political allies over for spite. That is what you just said. How f'in stupid!!!!!!!!

Do you not see how incredibly, and I mean INCREDIBLY, Stupid that sounds? Now the problem is that this crap, The ACA, isnt serving anyone anymore. It is truly failing and Biden answer? More of the same. So, Your position is:

Let the people suffer.
Because a few Elitist Prigs in DC were made uncomfortable and a few lost their jobs that they should never have longer than a few years anyway.
Screw your political allies because...You got screwed years ago...BY SOMEONE ELSE.
Risk losing the election because you refuse to learn anything, or move on, or act like adults.  

If you dont want to make a deal, AND ALL POLITICS is making deals, then please do not whine for a second when you lose.
Do you really expect grown adults to just kiss your ass AFTER your team screwed over the guy that probably should have been the nominee in 2016? 
You offered us nothing in 2016 and we sat at home and...How did that turn out for you?
Or because the screaming harpy your side chose outspent the Orange Clown in the WH by $500M AND STILL MANAGED TO LOSE?
So, after knowing all that, You want to offer us basically nothing again, sending us home or to vote for JoJo?, and risk losing yet another election to the Orange Clown?

Sounds to me like your side is just a bunch of totally immature people butthurt about the last election. But you think our getting involved in politics SPENDING OUR $$$, SPENDING OUR TIME, AND GETTING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we should just shut up and sit down while your side continues to jack up everything it touches? Remember, your guys sit in a Congress with a laughably exaggerated 17% approval rating. Anyone here believe it is that high? But we are to give you all our support...FOR NOTHING...not a seat at the table, no voice in any policies, NOTHING. That's your plan? And you call me naive...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You need catchier names for your villains. Shorter and more accessible to the common man. Less elitist. ;)

LOLOLOLOLOL Wow, me Elitist? Now you just gone full blown crazy.:ucrazy:

The Unity Task Force, basically, the Progressives got rolled. Biden is well to the Right of most of America and the BS Hostage Statement.
Progressives polled, in one poll, say they will support Biden 87-4...<smdh>
We got all but nothing.
We never learn. 
"Most Progressive President since FDR?" LBJ?

Biden, Sanders unity task forces release policy recommendations

Joe Biden’s presidential campaign on Wednesday rolled out the policy recommendations reached by its joint task forces with supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders ahead of the Democratic National Convention, which is slated for next month.

The 110-page document has been submitted to the Democratic National Committee’s Platform Committee and will be personally reviewed by Biden ahead of the nominating convention, the former vice president’s campaign announced.

The task force recommendations don’t include the kind of wide-scale systemic upheaval that won Sanders such a fervent following in his two presidential campaigns — while provoking an outcry from moderate Democrats and Republicans alike. A single-payer health care system such as “Medicare for All,” a “Green New Deal” overhauling environmental policy, and doing away with Immigration and Customs Enforcement are not among the policy proposals.

Financial advisory firm tells clients Biden won’t be moving too far left if he becomes president

KEY POINTS
  • The firm told its corporate clients that policy recommendations supported by Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders show that the presumptive Democratic nominee doesn’t plan to side too often with those on the left side of the political spectrum. 
  • Signum said some of the most notable progressive ideas that are not included in Biden’s policy recommendations are the Green New Deal, “Medicare for All” and the legalization of marijuana.
  • The positive take on Biden by the Wall Street firm comes as finance executives brace for a change to their business models under a potential new administration.   

Financial advisory firm Signum Global Advisors told clients Thursday that it isn’t convinced Joe Biden is going to be as progressive as some may hope if he beats President Donald Trump in November. 

The firm told its corporate clients in a note that it believes the policy recommendations put together by task forces filled with allies of Biden’s and the more progressive Sen. Bernie Sanders show that the presumptive Democratic nominee doesn’t plan to side too often with those on the left side of the political spectrum if he becomes president. 

“The report is very aspirational; it pays lip service to some of the party’s more progressive ideas, though has few specifics about how ideas will be achieved, and generally repeats most of the moderate ideas from the Biden campaign’s website,” the note said. 

Seems I touched a nerve. 

No, Dub, listen to yourself, for once in your life. You make absolutely NO Sense here. NONE! 

The Republicans Screwed your/our side over 12 years ago, SSSOOO, you are going to **** your political allies over for spite. That is what you just said. How f'in stupid!!!!!!!!

Do you not see how incredibly, and I mean INCREDIBLY, Stupid that sounds? Now the problem is that this crap, The ACA, isnt serving anyone anymore. It is truly failing and Biden answer? More of the same. So, Your position is:

Let the people suffer.
Because a few Elitist Prigs in DC were made uncomfortable and a few lost their jobs that they should never have longer than a few years anyway.
Screw your political allies because...You got screwed years ago...BY SOMEONE ELSE.
Risk losing the election because you refuse to learn anything, or move on, or act like adults.  

If you dont want to make a deal, AND ALL POLITICS is making deals, then please do not whine for a second when you lose.
Do you really expect grown adults to just kiss your ass AFTER your team screwed over the guy that probably should have been the nominee in 2016? 
You offered us nothing in 2016 and we sat at home and...How did that turn out for you?
Or because the screaming harpy your side chose outspent the Orange Clown in the WH by $500M AND STILL MANAGED TO LOSE?
So, after knowing all that, You want to offer us basically nothing again, sending us home or to vote for JoJo?, and risk losing yet another election to the Orange Clown?

Sounds to me like your side is just a bunch of totally immature people butthurt about the last election. But you think our getting involved in politics SPENDING OUR $$$, SPENDING OUR TIME, AND GETTING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we should just shut up and sit down while your side continues to jack up everything it touches? Remember, your guys sit in a Congress with a laughably exaggerated 17% approval rating. Anyone here believe it is that high? But we are to give you all our support...FOR NOTHING...not a seat at the table, no voice in any policies, NOTHING. That's your plan? And you call me naive...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You assume much. 

Define "allies." In order for any sort of alliance to take place, the other party has to be willing to come to the table. You contend that 12 years is (actually 10, but that’s just nitpicking). It went on far longer than that. Hell, remember Merrick Garland?

For one, the same guy that crusaded to "make sure Obama is a one term president" is still very much in charge of the Senate Republicans.

For another, see how they've attempted to get their landmark legislation through? How much input did the Dems get into the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of '17? How much input did they get in the AHCA?

Diddly ******* squat, that's what. The Rs tried to ram those through unilaterally, successfully with the tax cuts.

You assume principle where there is little to be found. One side can court compromise until they're blue in the face, but when the other is intransigent, it doesn't matter. 

You think Bernie is going to get his agenda through the Senate with a slim majority, that any Rs will work with him on legislation to which Obamacare pales in comparison? You're a moron. 

Hell, if anyone can possibly reach across the aisle in the race, it's the current nominee. 

15 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Affordable Care my @$$ !! 

Obamacare did a few things well, helping address the coverage issue and making sure insurance companies could not drop you should you fall ill, but failed miserably in others, cost being the elephant in the room. 

We need a public option (thanks Liberman, you chode). 

Let the people suffer.

LOLOLOLOLOL Wow, me Elitist? Now you just gone full blown crazy.:ucrazy:

Never said you were good at it.

21 hours ago, AUDub said:

Seems I touched a nerve. 

You assume much. 

Define "allies." In order for any sort of alliance to take place, the other party has to be willing to come to the table. You contend that 12 years is (actually 10, but that’s just nitpicking). It went on far longer than that. Hell, remember Merrick Garland?

For one, the same guy that crusaded to "make sure Obama is a one term president" is still very much in charge of the Senate Republicans.

For another, see how they've attempted to get their landmark legislation through? How much input did the Dems get into the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of '17? How much input did they get in the AHCA?

Diddly ******* squat, that's what. The Rs tried to ram those through unilaterally, successfully with the tax cuts.

You assume principle where there is little to be found. One side can court compromise until they're blue in the face, but when the other is intransigent, it doesn't matter. 

You think Bernie is going to get his agenda through the Senate with a slim majority, that any Rs will work with him on legislation to which Obamacare pales in comparison? You're a moron. 

Hell, if anyone can possibly reach across the aisle in the race, it's the current nominee. 

And you are still swapping Apples and Oranges here. You want people very close to your point of view, Progressives, they are the allies of true Democrats and Liberals, to support your views, your policies, and give our votes so we can sit down, shut up, and get nothing accomplished nor even be allowed a seat at the policy table. We have been doing this far too long. If you want our support? Then By God Earn It. We are not the friends of the NeoLibs and Corporate Democrats. But they EXPECT us to throw our wants and needs aside so they can continue to screw over the middle class and lower people day after day. But we should give our money, our time, our efforts so that...We can then get shafted by the people we just helped win. Does that make sense to anyone? Of course not. So make a damn deal and win this thing. Why wont the DNC Types make a deal? because, they are just as bad as the Republicans at living off of Wall Street and Corporate America. 

Biden is a known quantity. He is Status Quo Joe. He wrote half the legislation we want changed. Besides that, he has said repeatedly, including this week, that M4A will be be vetoed by him. That Student Debt Relief will be vetoed. That there will nothing but minor "promises" on the environment, No changes on trade bills. The banks and Wall Street have been reassured that Biden is not going to do anything. I could go on and on. We got nothing except for people screaming at us that we are the crazy ones because we are tired of failing. We need to DO SOMETHING. Quit talking in worthless platitudes about our agenda. You want us. Make a commitment to something we want. Thats how this thing works. If you were sitting in my chair, you would just laugh at this.

We are literally being told: "X" sucks in America today. But you need to spend your time, money, and efforts on someone that doesnt want a change in anything and in fact has been quoted telling people on Wall Street that nothing is going to change. If nothing is going to change, why should we listen to anything Biden says? 

Hey, I just got 4 facepalms, but the day is young. Maybe I can get even more!!!!

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

This is biggest difference between the parties in my opinion.  When Republicans get power, they use it.  When Dems get power, they tend to squander it away.

Archived