I tested positive for Covid-19

wdefromtx

I just got my test results from my Covid test on June 26th. I went to the doctor for a follow up appointment for my heart.  I wasn’t feeling too bad at the time but was kinda in a fog. I really thought it was just my allergies because of the Saharan dust. They went ahead a swabbed me. The day after I tested I felt way better. 

I have no clue where I picked it up and I had already been wearing a mask. It took two weeks for my results. That’s too long for people to be waiting. 

Sorry to hear that, man. Hope you're doing well.

Insidious ass bug. My uncle caught it. He's doing OK, aches and pains, but he's 72 so who knows if that's the virus. To make matters worse, my cousin passed away young. Imagine having to isolate at a time like that. 

27 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I just got my test results from my Covid test on June 26th. I went to the doctor for a follow up appointment for my heart.  I wasn’t feeling too bad at the time but was kinda in a fog. I really thought it was just my allergies because of the Saharan dust. They went ahead a swabbed me. The day after I tested I felt way better. 

I have no clue where I picked it up and I had already been wearing a mask. It took two weeks for my results. That’s too long for people to be waiting. 

Keep us posted wdetx. Given the time between test and results hope you are whipping it. Trust that you are feeling well and wish you and your family the best

22 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Insidious ass bug. My uncle caught it. He's doing OK, aches and pains, but he's 72 so who knows if that's the virus. To make matters worse, my cousin passed away young. Imagine having to isolate at a time like that. 

Thanks and Sorry to hear that about your cousin. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the virus. I honestly never felt bad enough to expect it to be Covid. This virus is the weirdest one.....it seems to vary widely from person to person.

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Keep us posted wdetx. Given the time between test and results hope you are whipping it. Trust that you are feeling well and wish you and your family the best

Thanks. It is crazy how I felt. I was mainly just a little tired and had a "fog" that made it hard to concentrate. I ran a slight fever of only 99.3 at the highest. Which I have always had horrible allergies and asthma so a low grade fever isn't uncommon for me. And I sometimes feel tired because of my heart. The very next day after my test I felt pretty much normal again and have since. Hell I am only 40 but probably one of the most vulnerable so I figured if I were to get it, it would be pretty bad. They said if I am still feeling fine I should be clear of it. So far my family hasn't showed any symptoms. 

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

They said if I am still feeling fine I should be clear of it. So far my family hasn't showed any symptoms. 

Great to hear wdetx. Wish you and your family the best.

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

Hate to hear that. Get well soon dude.

43 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Sorry to hear about your cousin. Hope your uncle recovers soon.

That’s just awful. Taking that long for results. A month ago mine was one day. 23 hours to be exact. 

A coworker got his results back in a week.  He was negative.  His dad had tested positive so he had to quarantine and get tested before coming back to work.

Two weeks is insane, especially when you're already feeling bad.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

A coworker got his results back in a week.  He was negative.  His dad had tested positive so he had to quarantine and get tested before coming back to work.

Two weeks is insane, especially when you're already feeling bad.

Yeah two weeks is way too long. 

12 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Yeah two weeks is way too long. 

i hope ya got those anitbodies built up so it does not flare back up or lord forbid giving it to another.it sound odd but if i had your results with nothing serious going on i would be dancing in the street. glad it is ok............

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i hope ya got those anitbodies built up so it does not flare back up or lord forbid giving it to another.it sound odd but if i had your results with nothing serious going on i would be dancing in the street. glad it is ok............

I know right. I know several people in the hospital with it right now. Was never around any of them though. One of them is older with other conditions and another is my age, a healthy firefighter and he’s been in the hospital for over a week already. I am lucky for sure. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good to hear you are feeling OK, will you be tested again soon?

They didn’t say to. I’ll probably go and get tested just to be sure. By now I’m already out of what would be required for quarantine. 

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

They didn’t say to. I’ll probably go and get tested just to be sure. By now I’m already out of what would be required for quarantine. 

That’s what I was thinking and it would be nice to know it you test negative now so you can resume your life.

Sorry to hear the news. I have a question that could come across as being callous, but it is not intended to be so: Does it seem like a good thing that you have likely had COVID-19 with virtually no ill effects and are likely now immune? I would love to know that I likely have antibodies. I am around COVID+ people quite often and I would like to know that I would no longer be able to spread the disease to others.

54 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Sorry to hear the news. I have a question that could come across as being callous, but it is not intended to be so: Does it seem like a good thing that you have likely had COVID-19 with virtually no ill effects and are likely now immune? I would love to know that I likely have antibodies. I am around COVID+ people quite often and I would like to know that I would no longer be able to spread the disease to others.

From what I've been able to dig up when I looked into this maybe a week or so ago, we're still not sure that having COVID antibodies grant immunity to the virus. I think it's likely that symtoms may be less severe if you are able to get it again, but if that's the case, you may still be a carrier for a short amount of time. Also, antibody tests may be more reliable now, but the initial batch were notoriously faulty. 

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

If I have built immunity then I consider it a good thing. I think that they are still trying to figure out if we will be able to get herd immunity. 

I have already gone back to normal activities. 

Archived