Yeah, a good chunk of MAGA is absolutely deplorable

TexasTiger

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

i agree. too many people look over trump like he is not doing anything wrong. people that refuse to wear masks could care less about anyone else. they are helping kill people with that stance. they have blood on their hands just like trump. covid is spiking all over the country and people are tying to turn it political. people are dying and they want to raise hell about a mask. i see it every single day on reddit. but these same people claim to be super patriots of this country. there is nothing patriotic about killing you fellow countrymen by refusing to wear a mask. i will be shocked if we have any football this year because people will not act right. we are supposed to be the greatest country in the world but have gotten out behinds handed to us by just about every other country out there. we have to many weak minded people who side with a conman over issues like this. my opinion is if you are getting people killed maybe we got the wrong people in cages. trump has empowered the very worst of our countrymen and this country will pay a much higher price than anyone can imagine.

ask them. we have several on here that have twisted and turned facts and rumor and trump talking points. the anniston city council just passed the mandatory mask thing so the rumblins over the last few weeks will turn into roars..............

You see the leftists rioting and looting and taking over a section of Seattle and people who refuse to wear masks are the ones you call deplorable? 

22 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Lot of praise for the Lincoln Project. More on one of their founders:

https://theunionjournal.com/the-delicious-downfall-of-rick-wilson/

5 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

You see the leftists rioting and looting and taking over a section of Seattle and people who refuse to wear masks are the ones you call deplorable? 

boy you kill me . i watched armed white men take over a state capital and not one single thing happened. not one. ot on the news anyway. and let me tell you i have worked in one way or another for the federal government and coming on federal property like that will get you thrown under the jail. and before you start blubbering about riots and looting. those guys broke the law and did it to willfully intimidate people and got a free pass. and you never say a single word about the right wingers.etc rioting and tearing up stuff.

thehill.com

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters

Today, thousands of people assembled in streets around the world to protest the presidency of Donald J. Trump for the fourth straight day in a row.

While the vast majority of the protests have been peaceful, spurts of violence have drawn the attention of the media. Reports of protesters throwing rocks and bottles at police in Santa Ana, stories of property destruction in Oregon, and a video of a physical attack against a Trump supporter in Chicago are a few examples of the recorded violent reactions to Trump’s election.

President-elect Trump responded to the demonstrations by tweeting:

Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 11, 2016

Trump’s supporters also perceive these protests as “unfair” because they claim there were no riots following Obama’s election.

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” on Trump supporter explained.

However, these perceptions do not reflect what actually followed the election of our country’s first black president, much less the difference between why people are protesting Donald J. Trump’s presidency as compared to Barack Obamaobama2_0.jpg?itok=kSNRt6P5Barack Hussein ObamaHow Trump can get his mojo back Trump confirms 2018 US cyberattack on Russian troll farm Democrats see convention as chance to underscore COVID-19 message MORE’s presidency.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “**** Obama!” and “n****r president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

More frequently, Obama’s presidency was marked by effigies of our first black president hanging from nooses across the country, for example in Kentucky, Washington State, and Maine, or being burned around the world. What Trump supporters fail to remember is that following Obama’s election, property was destroyed across the country, for example in Pennsylvania, Texas, and North Carolina, and a predominately black church was torched in Massachusetts.

In 2008, anti-Obama protesters lashed out against minorities because of their discontentment with a black man being voted into the office of president for the first time in our nation’s history. Conversely, in 2016, anti-Trump protesters are holding mostly peaceful demonstrations because of their discontentment with a man, who has ostracized minorities, being voted into the office of president.

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

According to Mark Potok, senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center civil rights group, there haven’t been “such a rash of hate crimes in the United States since Barack Obama was elected America’s first black president in 2008.” Muslim women are reporting having their hijabs ripped from their heads, while immigrant children are being bullied. Trump’s name and slogan, “Make America Great Again,” are being found alongside swastikas and anti-minority messages in graffiti around the nation.

Ultimately, demonstrators are not protesting Trump because he is Republican. They aren’t protesting him because he is a white male. These protests are because of the bigotry his campaign has emboldened and the fear of discrimination his presidency has the capacity to perpetuate. 

Mehlman-Orozco holds a Ph.D. in criminology, law and society from George Mason University, with an expertise in human trafficking. She currently serves as a human trafficking expert witness for criminal cases and her book, “Hidden in Plain Sight: America's Slaves of the New Millennium.” Follow her on Twitter @MehlmanOrozco 

The views expressed by Contributors are their own and

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Lot of praise for the Lincoln Project. More on one of their founders:

https://theunionjournal.com/the-delicious-downfall-of-rick-wilson/

i am pretty sure trump needs no help in anyone making him look bad. he is doing one hell of a job already. my anger with trump is what he says and not what others say he did. you people mostly admit he is a crap person so to post this makes you look less than honest when it comes to your boy.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

boy you kill me . i watched armed white men take over a state capital and not one single thing happened. not one. ot on the news anyway. and let me tell you i have worked in one way or another for the federal government and coming on federal property like that will get you thrown under the jail. and before you start blubbering about riots and looting. those guys broke the law and did it to willfully intimidate people and got a free pass. and you never say a single word about the right wingers.etc rioting and tearing up stuff.

thehill.com

Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters

Today, thousands of people assembled in streets around the world to protest the presidency of Donald J. Trump for the fourth straight day in a row.

While the vast majority of the protests have been peaceful, spurts of violence have drawn the attention of the media. Reports of protesters throwing rocks and bottles at police in Santa Ana, stories of property destruction in Oregon, and a video of a physical attack against a Trump supporter in Chicago are a few examples of the recorded violent reactions to Trump’s election.

President-elect Trump responded to the demonstrations by tweeting:

Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 11, 2016

Trump’s supporters also perceive these protests as “unfair” because they claim there were no riots following Obama’s election.

According to conservatives on social media, “Republicans have jobs and responsibilities” and therefore couldn’t engage in civil disobedience to voice their discontent with the 2008 and 2012 elections. With this perception of the Obama elections and subsequent claims of “ Republican acceptance,” Trump supporters are now demanding the same “fairness” for Donald J. Trump’s presidency, “We sat through do nothing politics for 8 years, the least they can do is go shut up and sit in the corner for 8 themselves,” on Trump supporter explained.

However, these perceptions do not reflect what actually followed the election of our country’s first black president, much less the difference between why people are protesting Donald J. Trump’s presidency as compared to Barack Obamaobama2_0.jpg?itok=kSNRt6P5Barack Hussein ObamaHow Trump can get his mojo back Trump confirms 2018 US cyberattack on Russian troll farm Democrats see convention as chance to underscore COVID-19 message MORE’s presidency.

Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “**** Obama!” and “n****r president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

More frequently, Obama’s presidency was marked by effigies of our first black president hanging from nooses across the country, for example in Kentucky, Washington State, and Maine, or being burned around the world. What Trump supporters fail to remember is that following Obama’s election, property was destroyed across the country, for example in Pennsylvania, Texas, and North Carolina, and a predominately black church was torched in Massachusetts.

In 2008, anti-Obama protesters lashed out against minorities because of their discontentment with a black man being voted into the office of president for the first time in our nation’s history. Conversely, in 2016, anti-Trump protesters are holding mostly peaceful demonstrations because of their discontentment with a man, who has ostracized minorities, being voted into the office of president.

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

According to Mark Potok, senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center civil rights group, there haven’t been “such a rash of hate crimes in the United States since Barack Obama was elected America’s first black president in 2008.” Muslim women are reporting having their hijabs ripped from their heads, while immigrant children are being bullied. Trump’s name and slogan, “Make America Great Again,” are being found alongside swastikas and anti-minority messages in graffiti around the nation.

Ultimately, demonstrators are not protesting Trump because he is Republican. They aren’t protesting him because he is a white male. These protests are because of the bigotry his campaign has emboldened and the fear of discrimination his presidency has the capacity to perpetuate. 

Mehlman-Orozco holds a Ph.D. in criminology, law and society from George Mason University, with an expertise in human trafficking. She currently serves as a human trafficking expert witness for criminal cases and her book, “Hidden in Plain Sight: America's Slaves of the New Millennium.” Follow her on Twitter @MehlmanOrozco 

The views expressed by Contributors are their own and

You don’t know what you are talking about. I didn’t think the protesters in MI should have decided to be armed. Even Hannity didn’t agree with it. I am all for anyone peaceful protesting but I am not for looting or rioting no matter who it is. BTW there were people shot and killed by the leftists in Seattle and at least one rape reported. This was not the case in MI. Everyone knows the left does the vast majority of the rioting and looting and destruction in this country. It is really no contest. Had your post called out those in MI I would not have pointed out your hypocrisy, but since it pointed out some who refuse to wear masks you made yourself an easy target.

On 7/11/2020 at 4:44 PM, aubiefifty said:

covid is spiking all over the country and people are tying to turn it political.

Yep.......you of all people would know that.

you remember this when kids start getting sick and school teachers as well. you and mr social both remember this. i am not making anything political. they have already warned you guys once that it was too soon to be opening things up and look at all the spikes where they did.it is one thing to play with your own life but it is a totally different thing to play with other peoples lives.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep.......you of all people would know that.

Seriously Salty?? 

Trump has made this political, from the very beginning. And he continues. It's all he knows how to do.  After all, it's all about him.   

You know that. :no:

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously Salty?? 

Trump has made this political, from the very beginning. And he continues. It's all he knows how to do.  After all, it's all about him.   

You know that. :no:

Sure Trump has made it political. His opponents have as well. 

You know that

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sure Trump has made it political. His opponents have as well. 

You know that

But Trump - as the POTUS - has the responsibility of de-politicizing it for the common good. 

Trump saw it and acted on it as a political issue from the beginning.  He simply denied the science because he 1) doesn't understand it and 2) doesn't give a s***.

The fact that so many people reacted to Trump's politicizing it, doesn't make them culpable or co-responsible for Trump's behavior.

Not sure if you understand that or not.  Maybe I give you too much credit.

36 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Not sure if you understand that or not.

What has not been made political for Trump since pre inauguration? First time any of us heard of the pandemic nothing important to you guys but impeachment.

Started with all of the Russia BS. Much "co-responsibility in this disaster Brother Homer.

11 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

You don’t know what you are talking about. I didn’t think the protesters in MI should have decided to be armed. Even Hannity didn’t agree with it. I am all for anyone peaceful protesting but I am not for looting or rioting no matter who it is. BTW there were people shot and killed by the leftists in Seattle and at least one rape reported. This was not the case in MI. Everyone knows the left does the vast majority of the rioting and looting and destruction in this country. It is really no contest. Had your post called out those in MI I would not have pointed out your hypocrisy, but since it pointed out some who refuse to wear masks you made yourself an easy target.

i never said you thought the white guys should be armed. pay attention. you folks have already forgotten most of the shootings in churchs and clubs were alt right groups. your opinion carries no weight with me. none.at.all.  this site should make sure all repukes should be accompanied by an adult. and at the end of the day i will never be the piece of crap trump is. you know......that guy you voted for and take up for all the time. i however might be on............

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i never said you thought the white guys should be armed. pay attention. you folks have already forgotten most of the shootings in churchs and clubs were alt right groups. your opinion carries no weight with me. none.at.all.  this site should make sure all repukes should be accompanied by an adult. and at the end of the day i will never be the piece of crap trump is. you know......that guy you voted for and take up for all the time. i however might be on............

No doubt there are crazies on both sides. However, it is you who called people who refuse to wear masks deplorable while ignoring those currently rioting and looting and taking over an area of Seattle while killing each other and police officers. 

24 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

No doubt there are crazies on both sides. However, it is you who called people who refuse to wear masks deplorable while ignoring those currently rioting and looting and taking over an area of Seattle while killing each other and police officers. 

so you do not believe those who refuse to wear masks are not killing or making people sick?

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so you do not believe those who refuse to wear masks are not killing or making people sick?

I think everyone should make their own decision. I think encouraging but not requiring is the way to go.  Personally I do wear a mask as I am high risk. However, I am not for requiring anyone to wear a mask. I have the same opinion as it relates to helmet wearing while riding bikes and as it relates to seat belts. I wear them personally but I think it is government overreach to require them. 

Archived