The Runoff

AUDub

Who else is planning on voting tomorrow? I don’t have any work scheduled until the evening, when I have an 8 hour disinfect in Tuscaloosa. Plan on casting my ballot for Sessions in the AM. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Who else is planning on voting tomorrow? I don’t have any work scheduled until the evening, when I have an 8 hour disinfect in Tuscaloosa. Plan on casting my ballot for Sessions in the AM. 

It's about time that place get cleaned up.......................................🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

It's about time that place get cleaned up.......................................🤣🤣🤣

Seems like 8 hours will barely touch the surface over there.

But to answer the question, there is a Senate candidate runoff here in TX that I plan on voting in tomorrow as well.

35 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Seems like 8 hours will barely touch the surface over there.

I was thinking the same as well. lol 

Voted in the Democrat Primary, so...cant vote in this one.

I am not losing any sleep over it either...

19 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Voted in the Democrat Primary, so...cant vote in this one.

I am not losing any sleep over it either...

Same here.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

None of my business, but if you don't mind me asking, are you voting for Sessions because you think he is the better candidate or because you think Jones has a better chance against him? I voted in the democratic primary because there was a  judge in Montgomery that I really wanted to win.

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

None of my business, but if you don't mind me asking, are you voting for Sessions because you think he is the better candidate or because you think Jones has a better chance against him? I voted in the democratic primary because there was a  judge in Montgomery that I really wanted to win.

I prefer Sessions to Tuberville, and I think Doug loses either way. 

4 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I agree with you 100%.

Mind you my GE vote will go to Doug. Just don't see a path to victory for him. Caught lightning in a bottle against Moore. He won't catch it twice. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Mind you my GE vote will go to Doug. Just don't see a path to victory for him. Caught lightning in a bottle against Moore. He won't catch it twice. 

It’s not impossible. It is unlikely. I will be voting Sessions after work. I prefer him over Tuberville but more than that preference I want to see trump backpedal.  I usually vote in the republican primaries because there are no democrats running in the local races in this area..

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

It’s not impossible. It is unlikely. I will be voting Sessions after work. I prefer him over Tuberville but more than that preference I want to see trump backpedal.  I usually vote in the republican primaries because there are no democrats running in the local races in this area..

He had the benefit of a major turnout problem for Moore in the special election. He won't get that this year no matter how unpopular the R is. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

He had the benefit of a major turnout problem for Moore in the special election. He won't get that this year no matter how unpopular the R is. 

I actually agree. I agreed more before this spring. I just think it’s possible. Although I would not bet a nickel. If I had a good feeling about it I would vote for Tuberville. He is a horrible candidate. 

43 minutes ago, alexava said:

I actually agree. I agreed more before this spring. I just think it’s possible. Although I would not bet a nickel. If I had a good feeling about it I would vote for Tuberville. He is a horrible candidate. 

Yeah that's why I'm in damage control mode. Think Doug has an excellent future ahead of him in Biden’s potential cabinet though,  and maybe further. He's a likeable moderate. 

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

I prefer Sessions to Tuberville, and I think Doug loses either way. 

Why? 

Give the Republicans more rope, while giving Doug an outside chance.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Why? 

Give the Republicans more rope, while giving =Doug an outside chance.

2 reasons. 

1. Again, Doug's victory in '17 was great, but the sheer number of lucky coincidences that had to happen for Doug to pull it out are extremely unlikely to happen this time around. Not to take anything away from Doug because he campaigned his ass off and got near presidential election year turnout in a special election, but the fact remains that Roy Moore was a uniquely bad candidate with a scandal that would make Billy Clinton blush depressed Republican turnout. This election is taking place in a presidential election year. No matter how bad the candidate, he can't count on depressed turnout again, even should a scandal pop up. Trump is still popular here and it's going to be big in downballot races like the one for Senate. Just having the R next to your name probably ensures victory.

2. Sessions at least had a modicum of ethical conduct about him. At least he had the nuts to recuse himself after Trump fired Comey. Tommy is going to be a useless MAGA yes man. Think Mr. Smith goes to Washington,  but way more stupid. 

Maybe the Alabama Votes continue to re-elect the Incumbent?

I am not assured, but am hopeful.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Me too, but I think this could be a good thing going forward for Doug. He'd make a great AG, and maybe, just maybe, he could springboard that onto greater heights. He'd be a good balancing moderate VP pick for a future progressive standard-bearer president like AOC...

Dream big, you know? 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Me too, but I think this could be a good thing going forward for Doug. He'd make a great AG, and maybe, just maybe, he could springboard that onto greater heights. He'd be a good balancing moderate VP pick for a future progressive standard-bearer president like AOC...

Dream big, you know? 

If trump wins he’d be a real consideration to run for the presidency in 24. These next four months will be critical for any spring boarding in his future. He has worked very well with several republicans. Maybe better than anyone else in Congress. That type of cooperation is what the country needs. The “gop , no matter what “ asshats will not acknowledge that. 

If Trump wins again. I predict that the Dems DO NOT nominate a moderate in 2024. It will be a much more progressive candidate.

1 hour ago, channonc said:

If Trump wins again. I predict that the Dems DO NOT nominate a moderate in 2024. It will be a much more progressive candidate.

Bernie will be long dead by then...

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Bernie will be long dead by then...

Bernie isn't the only progressive out there. 

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I doubt that most Alabamians know who Doug Jones is, so they likely won't know that he is the incumbent.

32 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Bernie isn't the only progressive out there. 

Yes and ones with more mass appeal than Bernie.

Archived