SEC targets late July for COVID-19 decision-making

aubiefifty

Wear a mask.    Lee Co.  is sucking right now.     we are only at the second generation of spread from the 4th of July.  Next week is going to be  ugly!

https://oanow.com/news/local/hospital-treating-record-number-of-covid-19-cases-lee-county-surpasses-2-000-covid-19/article_34d30db5-e33b-5fa7-a2bb-9828e5149833.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

LMAO that you think hospitals are adding cases for profit.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!    . 

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-pandemic-hospitals-loss.html

And before anyone responds with "that's why they have to fake the numbers", the way they would actually start making more money would be to start allowing more elective surgeries again. But they are choosing not to. Because it's not safe. That is a decision made by every individual hospital. 

From a friend, former coworker, devout Christian, and political agnostic:

I am so tired of the back and forth about covid. Do y'all have anyone you know who has died? I do. I know that is how my father died. His state did not get more money or less because of it. (Actually if you want to know how it really works, ask any hospital biller...they will tell you, the money comes when people have to go on a ventilator, and it has always been like that, not just when covid hits) I actually attend the government calls with the drs and nurses fighting this.

That is mishap in records which clearly is a systemic issue at that particular place. That is not a false positive . Somebody tested positive , just attributed to the wrong person because their process is clearly flawed. 

Also I see where you got that line from my neighbors cousin had this happen ..smh. But that is definitely not a valid reason to not wear a mask.  A lot of misdirection and word vomit to mask ( no pun intended) the real reason which is “it is my right and I particularly appreciate that more than potentially harming those around me.” 

17 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/07/19/concerns-arise-some-receive-positive-covid-results-never-got-tested/

And for those calling BS on the false positives here in FL for people who haven't taken the test....

Who said that they didn't happen? Pretty sure nobody did.

I think we all have an easy time believing that an unprecedented testing effort being designed, built and executed on the fly, and trying to get bigger, more accurate and faster while essentially flying blind, is probably going to have some issues with logistics. Calling the wrong people with results on occasion seems an understandable candidate to be one such issue. And, ultimately, a much better alternative to not calling the right people with those results. (TL;DR what @DAG said.)

No, I don't think anyone voiced disagreement that these things happen. I've been in a drive-through testing line and it's pretty easy to see how something like this could happen. And, again, I know somebody it's happened to. 

What I did say, and what I think is pretty clear to anyone not desperate to downplay the severity of the situation,  is that- despite occasional irregularities in reporting- it is still a very serious situation and it is continuing to grow more serious. You can cite these irregularities all you want- by the way, they are irregularities and are called such for a reason- but they do not dictate the narrative. You are trying to cite the example as the rule. It's like you're saying that orange tigers are BS because your buddy saw a white one in Myrtle Beach. 

By the way, did you ever answer me when I asked what percentage of Florida's hospitalizations and deaths- which continue to climb- are fake? 

Also I want to make a response to this...I’ve heard people say they cannot wear mask because of respiratory issues. My most professional feedback that if that is the case then you potentially have some sort of underlying respiratory condition whether it is asthma, COPD, or bronchitis . With that being the case , you are absolutely at risk for obtaining symptomatic covid and you absolutely need to be careful more than anybody. The alternatives is maybe you don’t get it or maybe you do. If you do and it is symptomatic guess what? Chances are you will be fitted with an oxymask, bipap mask or even worst intubated. I can promise you those alternatives are not any more comfortable then wearing a mask outside temporarily. 

In non mask controversy news.  SEC Presidents are meeting next week to discuss plans.  Goldmine reporting possibly moving start to October.  Auburn Georgia to start the season could be interesting 

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

In non mask controversy news.  SEC Presidents are meeting next week to discuss plans.  Goldmine reporting possibly moving start to October.  Auburn Georgia to start the season could be interesting 

Slowly moving that field goal post further and further 

This whole site sans a couple are a bunch of morons lol. Y’all enjoy living in your basements for 3 years scared of a virus you need a test for to know you have it. Next flu season I firmly expect all you goobs to be masked up and asking for sports to stop as to not endanger people.  I cannot believe y’all actually believe those crap masks are gonna help stop a microscopic virus. Lmao...and now King Fauci wants goggles! Please please send pics of yourselves wearing goggles! Oh the joy!  

Is this all it took to scare y’all so bad you’ll buy anything these folks are selling?  Good grief if this thing had like a 3% mortality rate I suspect y’all would be willing to give up every freedom you ever had and hunker down in grandmas basement for 30 years! 

Yall keep wallowing in your misery or fighting the good fight because we all know this thing will magically disappear in November.  

And don’t bother with all the self righteous idiocy that goes on in here in response to this post because I ain’t reading not a single solitary word of any of it.  The mask nazis should join up with the “gosh we’re glad to go 8-4” every year crowd and form a new political party...The Idiots.

Good day to all of you and hey Auctoritas....shut the hell up...😂 I got much better things to do than read the stupid drivel y’all are handing out.  Pete Thamel would be proud of this site.  

See ya!!!

Welp...I think it’s easy to see the divide we have to cover. 

I do invite @nixtosanders94 to shadow me for one shift...just one...and not wear a mask and/or facemask (“goggles.”) 

Should you survive (you’re likely to) and should you test for it to see if you have it (your words...and we won’t), I’ll be happy to grab you a round of drinks to show you that I have no ill feelings.

I have the honour to be your obedient servant, 

P. Bisc (Idiot Party Presidential Hopeful 2020)

Shout out to that dude for making the ignore choice easy the last time he spouted off about this. I genuinely envy the ease with which one must navigate life caring and knowing so little about these things. Alas, it is incumbent upon the rest of us to try to keep the world spinning without letting mudhumping troglodytes prematurely end our species first. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Shout out to that dude for making the ignore choice easy the last time he spouted off about this. I genuinely envy the ease with which one must navigate life caring and knowing so little about these things. Alas, it is incumbent upon the rest of us to try to keep the world spinning without letting mudhumping troglodytes prematurely end our species first. 

You’re now my favorite poster...never thought I’d see “troglodyte” used in an auburn football forum. 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

You’re now my favorite poster...never thought I’d see “troglodyte” used in an auburn football forum. 😂😂😂

You've got family from Troglo, too, huh?

Archived